Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elizaveta Tuktumysheva

Go down 
+8
aoi88
ballerinamao
maofan93
MaoChan756
babayaga
europeanfan
kawaiimao
midnightfrostifyx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Empty
PostSubject: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:13 pm

she is 13, represents Russia and is competing at junior grand prix. she has a pretty intense looking triple axel too and her other triples are nice but however her spin positions aren't too too great. i feel that she will improve over time, beautiful choreography though!

i see some great potential in her Smile
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 am

I saw her live in Dresden and was quite impressed.
Great jump technique, good speed and skating skills and, as far as I remember, her spins were fine too.
I loved her presentation! Very energetic and musical. Although I'm not too crazy about the music of her programs, she still did a great job interpreting it!

Definitely lots of potential there. Now let's just hope she can maintain her jumps and all her other skills through puberty. She is very tiny now and her body may still change a lot.

Anyway, she is my favorite junior skater. It may be the minority view but I definitely prefer her to Adelina.
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 am

Russia has amazing young skaters :

Liza, Adelina, Elizaveta, Julya... Shocked They are impressive.

I can't wait to see them competing at senior level and winning medals at Worlds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:17 pm

her spins have improved, i've noticed Smile
i hope she maintains her jumping skills throughout puberty and doesn't lose all that she has! Irina Slutskaya was kind of like her when she started out and she became a phenomenal skater, but that was a long time ago when things were different Razz i do prefer her to adelina too, adelina is kind of like a robot Razz
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 am

Here is Elisaveta's new LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=uk&v=7Z0lFPBL_Pk
She attempts 3A in the beginning but falls. Still cool since this means she will probably try it in competition. The spins are almost absent, probably they didn't start working on them just yet. Overall, I don't like this program, I was expecting something more interesting from her.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 am

She reminds me of Mao and Yuna at their world debut!
The same playful - soft - balletic style - which was Mao's trademark and Yuna's winning factor at the Olympics!
Many skaters seem to reinvent the style as judges seem to favor such skating!
Plus its a good way to blend in and appear more mature on ice!
She could make it into a good LP - refined skating and obviously more practice...

I feel the decade of 'skating prodigy' is definitely over with the discovery of Mao and Yuna!
Its a bit sad how they don't make skaters like em...Very Happy

Last edited by MaoChan756 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:03 am

That was a very good performance for this early in the season, and under Gala lighting! If she skates like this in her GP assignments, she could very well medal at all and make the final - even with the fall at the beginning. Yes, the two spins in the middle were sloppy, but I'm sure they will be fixed by the start of the season. I would like to see this program from different camera angles, as it was obviously choreographed towards the judges and the video was made from the other side. I am assuming the 3Lz+2T will be a 3Lz-3T, which would put her up to 7 triples. However, with this layout which includes the 3A, she has the potential to go for 8 triples - right now she only repeats lutz. Now THAT would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:33 am

sorry but I m not as optimistic as you are maofan93 expecting her to land a 3a in competitio is easier said then done and i really don't believe she is capable of that she should stick to her 3-3 and keep working on maintaining that jump instead, but well it would be fun to see her try one anyway..
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:41 am

Mao was also 14 the first time she landed a 3A in international competition, so I don't see why Liza won't. Also, Adelina Sotnikova already established herself as number 1, so I think Liza really needs to go for the 3A if she wants to challenge Adelina. She may as well try it in her 2 GPs and if it doesn't work she can always take it out. She also needs it to make up for her spins which are a little... :/

I think Mishin is really pushing for her for Sochi in 2014 and will make her try the jump in competition this fall.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:12 am

she should go for it, but comparing her to mao is a little strange since mao didn't have a problem landing a 3A when she was 14 and was successful most off the time which you can't say about elizveta.. but she still has time but seriously if she can't land the jump now there is no way that she is going to land the jump in 4 years... even if she landet one this year that doesn't mean that she will be able to keep it until that time... mao had to work alot on that jump and that was for a genius girl who jumped two different 3-3 and 3A and practiced quads and had all the tripple!!!

but like I said i think it's good to see more skaters taking risks and not always taking it the easy way (like carolina)
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:03 pm

I like Liza a lot but this program is pretty bad, imho, and her dress is just plain awful!
Somebody please tell me that she's not planning to wear this for the actual competition.
Also the tights over the boots this way is about the ugliest look imaginable.
Generally, I don't care whether the tights go completely over the boot or in the boot, both looks are equally acceptable to me, but anything in between should be banned, period! Escape
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Well, the 3A is a tricky jump. Midori only debuted that jump in her late teens/early twenties, even though she was probably practicing it since she was quite young. So it's quite possible for Liza to become more consistent with the jump as she gets older. The one thing about Liza is that she has great technique on her jumps. She's taught by Mishin after all. In terms of jump technique, I think she's better than Adelina. She just needs to become more consistent. Like Kawaiimao, I'm more concerned about her choreography and aesthetic aspects of her skating.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:24 pm

once again i find it ridicoules to compare someone like liza to midori ito, since midori had HUGE jumps not just when it came to one jump but them all. so it would be hard to imagine a jumper like midori not beeing able to do a 3A but i agree about liza programs for me that program could totally ruin her debut, it really looked like the choreographer had done it fast without much consideration and thought. but i hope i am wrong about liza's 3A since it would be nice to see other woman executing one in competition beside mao and generally to see women skating evolve to a new level with more difficulty...

(one thing i really hate is when skaters take the easy and safe road, which is probably why i love mao so much, she simply is just the kind of athlete i love the most...)

Back to top Go down
fefe_sky

fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:43 pm

OMG, talking about Liza, have you seen this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyoF0N4vLMs&feature=grec_index

Really Amazing!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:06 pm

its amazing that she decided to debut her long program, especially so early before the season has even started! i think that some of the choreography will improve in time along with the consistency of her triple axel. i'm glad to see that she is attempting it!! it would be awesome to have two triple axel-ers
she reminds me a lot of Mao when she was younger Cheering
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:11 pm

I dont' think I ever noticed this thread before. The first two videos made me say, "wow". The 3rd video was not as good, but maybe that was just a bad day for her. I think her skating is considerably mature for her age. Sure, she has a lot of polishing to do, and she needs work in her flexibility and positions in her spirals, and spins, but she's a great jumper! A 3A and Boitano jumps at 13?! Hopefully growth spurts won't throw her off track too bad, and she won't have to go through a whole re-haul like some skaters do. Otherwise I think we will be hearing a lot from her. My God, it's going to be exciting to see these new Russian skaters rise over the next few years!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 pm

i'm really excited to see what will happen this coming season with her Yep!
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:56 am

Here is a part of a nice interview with Liza about practicing with Plushenko: http://t.co/sdg8T74P
Very funny.... ! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 am

it's been great to watch her skate so well at her grand prix assignments! i wonder if she will win the GPF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 am

also, i enjoyed that brief interview with Liza about Plushenko. it seems he's been a good influence on her Smile
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:30 am

midnightfrostifyx wrote:
also, i enjoyed that brief interview with Liza about Plushenko. it seems he's been a good influence on her Smile

Ah! That's what I thought too! Plushy seems like a cool kind of guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizaveta Tuktumysheva   Elizaveta Tuktumysheva Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizaveta Tuktumysheva
Page 1 of 1