Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy New Year

Go down 
+28
i♥MAO
jkblues
roma
kirakira
Canness
europeanfan
ClairDeMao
mingming
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
MikiAndoFan#1
illani
bellarina
tianrushui
Okami
bibi
snowdrops24
linglang
aoi88
Dani-Chan
klarification
ballerinamao
clovera
Spacey
Batsuchan
sapphiresky
☆Genie
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:20 am

Dear readers and active participators of the forum,

2010 has been a memorable year for many of us. Challenges, obstacles, fears, changes, and accomplishments all filled this year that gave us memories of both Mao and the figure skating community. As this forum continues to grow, I’m sincerely proud that we are still able to feel like a close-knit family that all share the same interests and will continue to do so, as Mao grows. I’m sure everybody has dealt with all of the negativity and criticism against Mao this year for her “failures”, however I want to remind everybody that no matter how much other people doubt Mao, the more important the fans, us, play in encouraging Mao to do her best. With the recent success at the Japanese Nationals, I feel assured that Mao has regained her form and is ready to do her best at the World Championships in Tokyo. Obviously, she will be faced with challenges, but overcoming challenges is what Mao does best, isn’t it? With the love of a whole nation behind her, let’s hope that Mao will have another successful and happy year as the ballerina in our hearts.

As for the forum, this year has been quite revealing and has left me with some thinking. Presently, our forum has no administrator, actually , they're both on hiatus. Z4mboni! If you read this, then please reply! We need you back in our forum! I’m doing the best I can to manage the forum efficiently, but being as the only active moderator, it’s extremely challenging whenever a troll comes a long and disrupts the community. I’ll be thinking about ways to improve the forum, possibly holding more contests in the future and giving away prizes and such ^_^! We’re currently stuck with the current theme, unless z4mboni returns back to the forum.

I just want to applaud certain individuals for their efforts this year.

PochinkoPotanko: Thank you so much for filling in my position as a moderator! Thank you for translating so many video clips and articles for the entire community. I’m 100% everybody gratefully thanks you for the great contributions you’ve made to the community this year.

Aoi88:
Thank you for helping me out weed the trolls!

Batsuchan: You’re such a pioneer at this forum; when I became a fan, I depended on your translations to know Mao more. You
still translate for the community and I’m so happy about that. Thanks!

Clovera: Another great translator in the community. We’re blessed to have you help out with the other Japanese translators (like me, Razz) who sucks at Japanese. Thank you so much~

Mingming: You’re amazing at finding the latest news clips/articles about Mao! Without you, we’d probably never would have stumbled on those videos.

Polostaik: Secret Santa!

There are so many more individuals I need to mention but I don’t have the time; I want to thank everyone. Although you’re not listed there, it doesn’t mean I have forgotten about you. I cherish everything this community does. Whether it may just sharing a blog post, translations, videos, articles, telling us about Mao’s latest crush, rumors, scandals, or holding an event, without all of your help we’d never be the community we are today.

I wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and aaaaaaaaaaaa Happy New Yearrr!!!! Smile

From,
Genie, Tiffany
santa
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:52 am

What a beautiful post, thanks for all your hard work Genie!!! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:03 am

Yes, thanks for all your hard work Genie!!! Worship

I love this forum! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 am

I recognize all of the names listed and I want to take this opportunity to thank all of them too! Happy New Year 2070 A special thanks to you Genie for all of your hard work. What are we to do if Zamboni and Okami don't come back? I just hope that they are okay. I wish one of them would give administrative power to anyone mentioned above.

It is a minor thing (others have mentioned it too). Why are we going to the first page of a thread instead of the last one? I really hope that can be fixed. It is not a big deal.

Happy New Year 463631 Happy New Year 420949 Happy New Year to Everyone! May this coming year 2011 be a healthy, joyous and prosperous one to all of us! May Mao give a wondrous performance at Tokyo Worlds and may her 3 Axels be huge and bountiful! Most of all, may she be happy and satisfied with herself! Happy New Year 23732 Happy New Year 420949
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:14 am

Happy New Years in advance to you too, ☆Genie. Like a Star @ heaven
A big thanks for keeping this wonderful forum in order! queen

Spacey wrote:
It is a minor thing (others have mentioned it too). Why are we going to the first page of a thread instead of the last one? I really hope that can be fixed. It is not a big deal.
I think that has more to do with Forumotion, because I've noticed the same phenomenon happening over at JFSF where Pochi is the administrator. Should we just go over to their support forum and ask about it? Idea
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:46 am

clovera wrote:
I think that has more to do with Forumotion, because I've noticed the same phenomenon happening over at JFSF where Pochi is the administrator. Should we just go over to their support forum and ask about it? Idea
Yes, that might be a good idea. I hope it is a Forumotion problem. That would mean that we don't need an administrator to fix it. At least, I hope so! Shall we ask Pochi or should we go to Forumotion's support forum?

As I mentioned, it is not a big deal. When I click and open a thread, I sometimes loose my train of thought. Then, I find myself reading something quite old and wondering what I'm doing. Soon I realize that I am on the wrong page. Laughing All I have to do is pay a little more attention. Razz
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:36 am

thank you so much for this beautiful post, simply love this forum...

merry christmas and happy new year to everyone...
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:45 am

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year Untitl10

Genie, thank you for taking the time to write a beautiful post. I PMed you about some of my thoughts and suggestions, which I think would be helpful in some way.

BTW, I decided to create a thread where we can post our New Year wishes for Mao and the forums, just like what Genie did: https://maoasada.forumotion.net/t953-2011-message-to-mao-and-mao-asada-fan-forum#32288
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 am

Happy New Year everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the Administrator comes back because we need a new theme ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are awesome, thanks for being so kind with me Wub Love Hearts Many Hearts Many Hearts Confetti
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 am

Thank you so much Genie & Happy New Year! Confetti

I also wish Zamboni comes back to us soon. We need a new banner for the New Year. Yep!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 am

Thank you Gene for a beautiful post.
Thank you very much everyone for links, video, photos, tidbid, etc. on Mao.

Wishing you all a happy new year! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 am

Thank you, thank you Genie for the post. Wub

This has been such a special year for both Mao and her fans, and I am truly thankful that I get to spent part of it with you guys.

BIG thankyou to everyone who contributed all kinds of information of Mao and everyone who's been here cheering for Mao. Razz
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 am

thank you so much to everyone Smile ! Happy New year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Happy New Year, everyone! Confetti

I'm very sorry for such a long absence. I never planned to stay away for so long - had I suspected it might happen I would've assigned new admins before my disappearance. Unfortunately I had a rather rough year. At first I struggled with my worm and trying to graduate, then I had an accident, which complicated my life a lot. I got really depressed after that, because I was at risk of losing my right hand, and that would pretty much render me useless as a graphic designer (my most recent and most favourite job).

Once again, I'm really sorry! Sad

In order not to let this happen again, I'd like to nominate two new admins:

- ☆Genie, who did a wonderful job as a moderator,
- and inskate, who lives close to me, so I can message her in times of need.

I hope it's fine with everyone..? If ☆Genie agrees (inskate already did), they will have the power to nominate new moderators or admins if the need arises.

What's more, I updated the forum to gave it a bit more winter-y feel. Smile It will be updated once again after the New year, with new logo and some new avatars.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Welcome back Okami!!
Hope you good luck next year.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Okami, welcome back!!!!!! Many Hearts Hisashiburi da ne~!

I think ☆Genie and inskate would be great as admins. Yep! Though we've definitely really missed you!

I hope 2011 brings nothing but good luck for you! flower
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Happy New Year, everyone!

Okami, I'm sorry to hear you've had such a tough year. Sad The new theme looks wonderful. Thanks so much for all your hard work. Same goes for everyone who's been moderating, translating, providing articles/video clips/news, posting their thoughts, or merely reading what others have to say!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank you Genie for the wonderful post, and thank you everyone for making this forum a wonderful place to be! You are all so welcoming and pleasant, and there is a climate of mutual respect on this forum that is hard to find elsewhere.

Okami, I agree that Genie and inskate are fine choices for administrators. I am sorry to hear about your difficulties, and I hope the new year is better for you.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Smile
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Okami! So happy to have you back! We missed you! Yep, Sadly Sad So sad about your accident, I hope you're better now. Please take care. Love Daisies for you

Congratulations to the new admins! Good luck!

Happy 2011, Ballerina on Ice members and friends! Many Hearts

Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Thank you Okami!

I joined here in your absence and I'm really sorry to know what you've been through. But I am sure you will overcome, just like how Mao comes out on top despite the challenges she has to face.

Congratulations ☆Genie and inskate!

BTW, the new theme looks great! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks Okami!
It's good to have you back. cheers Sorry to hear about your troubles this past year. And thank you for giving us this new layout. I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

@Okami

I'm sorry to hear about your story, and I'm deeply thankful that you've sorted your life out =)
I hope you can continue to be an awesome graphic designer! The new design for this forum is fabulous.

Thank you for appointing me as an administrator. It'll be very useful to ban certain trolls out of the forum, if they come.
I'm all in for appointing new moderators and administrators.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Oh dear! Okami, I hope everything is okay with you now! It seems like you went through a lot in the past year!

We really appreciate all the work you've done already, and thanks for the new theme haha!

I'm totally welcoming of the 2 new admins Very Happy

Happy New Year Everyone!!! May the new year bring you happiness, health and dreams come true! Confetti
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:02 am

Okami wrote:
I got really depressed after that, because I was at risk of losing my right hand, and that would pretty much render me useless as a graphic designer (my most recent and most favourite job).
affraid No Sad How horrifying! It sounds like you've suffered a lot. I hope that your hand has completely healed.

Thank you for the new theme and the new administrators! The forum looks fantastic! I love it! Happy New Year 5534 Happy New Year 420949
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:14 am

Welcome back Okami! Confetti
I truly hope 2011 will be a much better year for you and everyone else on the forum who had a tough year. Yep!

Okami wrote:
It will be updated once again after the New year, with new logo and some new avatars.
I can't wait! Swoon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next