Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum

Go down 
+9
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Luckyone
sapphiresky
europeanfan
aoi88
linglang
Dani-Chan
klarification
13 posters
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Empty
PostSubject: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:44 am

I decided to create a thread where we can post our wishes and hopes for Mao and the forum in general. Before posting your messages here, please view Genie's post first: https://maoasada.forumotion.net/t950-happy-new-year

I'll go first!

Happy New Year everyone!

This year, I joined the Mao Asada Fan Forum. Becoming a fan of Asada Mao, a purehearted skater with a burning determination like no other, is a humbling experience that truly made me want to be thankful this year. And as you can see, I am now here with all of you, through the successes and triumphs, through the defeats and disappointments, through the good times and the bad times, still cheering for Mao despite the naysayers who continue to pray for her downfall.

As Mao grows as an athlete, I also want to grow as a fan. Likewise, I want our community to grow too and be nurtured, so we can strenghten our bond. There are many things that we are lacking and we are not perfect. But our love for Mao and for the sport in general, I think, makes up for all of our shortcomings. I know I sound sentimental, but I wish all of us would be always there for Mao and give her our unwavering support. I may not be able to see you or meet you in person, but I am sure that all of you are kindred spirits in real life. So this coming 2011, let us be the kind of fans that Mao can be even more proud of!

And Mao, if by some freaky way you get to read this, I hope the year of 2011 will bring you joy and happiness. You are our sunshine and we love it the most when we see you smile. Continue in your pursuit of excellence and perfection, but remember to stay rooted to the ground. We are always here to support you!

NISSHIN GEPPO!
Cheering

Sincerely,
klarification

PS: There's one time when my sister asked me what do Mao fans call themselves. I jokingly said "Maoskeeters, MAFFian(Mao Asada Fan Forum+ian), Meowsters" and she gave me a dumb expression. Oh boy, I guess I embarrassed us all.
Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:40 am

I don't know when I became a fan of Mao, but I admire her so much and she is younger than me lol!

I think she is a very determined and strong person and works very hard to get where she is now, she is not the one who stands waiting for something good to happen, relying on her talent, she always strives to be a better person and skater!

I wish we all have a great new year and that all our wishes come true! I wish also that Mao gets what she deserves and delivers fantastic performances, because she works hard for this!

I am very thankful to have found such good people like I found here on this forum, you guys were always gentle and kind with me, thanks!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

Cheering Confetti Confetti Daisies for you Daisies for you Good luck!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 am

Mao-chan, I'm so glad that your efforts was rewarded at Japanese Nationals and you will be able to enjoy new year holidays with an easy mind. Probably, you won't take many holidays, I guess. You must be eager to work hard already to make further improvements and nail three 3As at the Worlds. You are such a fighter and true athlete. I really admire you. As you said at MOI, keep faith in yourself and skate your way. We all support you always. I hope that 2011 will finds you happy and successful. Many Hearts

Thanks klarification for this thread. I'm happy to have this forum where people share their love to Mao. This is indeed a wonderful place for Mao fans. Thank you everyone.

Mao is joy and inspiration. Japanese Nationals LP has proven once again her magnetism. While she floats over the ice with a gentle smile, she never cease to show fighting spirit as an athlete. Her performances, even when she falls and struggles, demonstrate her innocence -- she purely love skating. I also feel fortunate that I'm able to enjoy Mao's performances real time, sharing the moment of smile and tears with her and her fans. flower
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 am

It's been one year since I became a member of this forum. I'm truly happy to find a place where I can share my feelings and thoughts with fellow Mao fans. I have to admit that being a Mao fan is tough! Razz Her career runs like a roller coaster and we fans must go though the highs and lows with her. In her times of struggles, this forum was a haven from the harsh criticism in other places. When Yamada says Mao is not a creature of the earth, I fully agree. She has the aura of a supernatural being who cannot be defeated by the obstacles on earth. She is the sun fairy that brightens my day and makes me believe that dreams do come true. Many Hearts

Happy New Year Everyone!!!Confetti
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:07 am

I've been Mao's fan since a looooooong time Wink but it's only 3 months since I became a member of this forum (No one would guess it looking only at amount of my posts Laughing ). I'm not fan of the forums to be honest, I associate them mostly with quarrels (FSU ==> 1 comment = 100 quotes with denying Rolling Eyes ), but this one seems different. Even though I don't know your names or how you look, many users aren't anonymous to me and an atmosphere here is pretty familiar 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 335418

Talking about Mao: There is another thread where I wrote it, but I can put it down also here:

There are two categories of skaters:

1. Skaters who are good or even great
2. Skaters who are not only great, but also catch our hearts. Those
skaters don't even have to be the best (but Mao actually is Very Happy ), but from some reasons we feel
some kind of connection with them.

Michelle Kwan has always
been my favourite skater (she's the only reason why I started watching
figure skating) and even though I'm a fan of many skaters, none other
could deliver me emotions which Michelle did. I don't mean only programs
(which had perfect choreographies and completely stood out from others)
but also her history: young girl who wanted to win olympic gold for
whole her career, she was doing everything to make her dream come true
and never looked back, never cared about opinions of the press that
she's too old to do it (after OG in 2002 many people was talking she
should have retired because her career is done) and never gived up.
After her retirement I thought that world of figure skating would look
totally different without her because 2005/2006 season (then she didn't
announce retirmenet yet, but she was injured and didn't compete) showed
me something which I didn't like at all.

Hmmm... I don't know if I should write about that here, but what was your first feeling when
you
saw Mao? I considered her to be very cute child but when I saw her
beating Sasha in TEB and Irina in GPF I thought: are you kidding me!? So
now figure skating will be a jumping contest? Without any grace &
elegance!? Mao was talented and no one could deny it, but she could won major
competition even without maturity so I thought she wouldn't have any
motivation to become a true artist.

Season 2006/2007 was an incredible surprise for me.
Honestly, I didn't expect this kind of programs from her. She became
such sensitive & delicate in SP and joyful & entertaining in
FS, it was something absolutely amazing, innovative (czardas) and fresh. And her incredible technique!!!
After that I've become her fan and her struggling with all
difficulties, innocence, ambitions, determination, the fact she never
complains about anything and many other things which I won't mention
here (I don't want my post to be essay Razz)
made me love her even more. It's a bit sad that another my favorite
didn't win the gold at the olympics, on the other hand all Mao's
failures and successes make her history. It doesn't matter how many
times you fall, the most important thing is how many times you stand up.
You can't be perfect whole the time, but if you believe in yourself and
you keep a progress, you will be a true champion- with or without the
gold.

aoi88 wrote:
I have to admit that being a Mao fan is tough! Razz Her career runs like a roller coaster and we fans must go though the highs and lows with her.

I agree 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 340889 it's never boring at least 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 968994

I hope we all will have great year 2011
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 463631 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 859414
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 am

Omg, Europeanfan, your experience is so similar to mine. affraid
I also fell in love with figure skating because of Michelle Kwan. When she left, I felt a deep void. Mao was the skater who brought me back to this sport. Like you, I first heard of Mao in 2005-2006 when there was a lot of talk about how she wasn't eligible for the Olympics despite beating the eventual medalists. I didn't really pay much attention because I was too sad about Michelle at that time. It was only later when I rediscovered Mao from youtube videos that I grew to love her skating. I do question why the skate gods are so cruel to me to make the Olympics always cruel to the skaters I root for, because so far I have suffered three heartbreaks. Perhaps there will be more but it won't stop me from rooting for them. Yep!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:42 pm

I love Michelle Kwan too! I first saw her in 1998 Olympics- ooh I was so young then! I remember rooting for her, and then getting disappointed because Tara won. Well I sort of forgot about her for a while. And then I saw her on Disney Channel (yes, yes, I know) skating to Mulan!

I know she didn't win OGM but I think most figure skating enthusiasts will agree that she has a special place in history, even more than those with an OGM tied around their necks. I hope Mao can mature into a beautiful skater like Michelle... Well, who am I kidding? I am sure she will! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:12 am

I can't believe it's 2011 already!

I am proud to say that I am a member of this forum, and have gotten a lot of joy from posting and reading others' comments! It's amazing how eloquent you all are and how well you can describe Mao!

I remember when I first saw Mao's Nocturne, I completely fell in love! It was magical!

Like Europeanfan and aoi88 I also was a big fan of Michelle Kwan's, and stopped watching figure skating after she left- until I saw Mao!
Their styles are very different, but I think the reason I like them both is how genuine they are on the ice- you can tell that they truly love what they do, they show their heart to the audience, and that is what makes them special.

Mao is a beautiful skater, a truly unique skater with a ballerina-like style that one cannot learn or copy- she was born with it. Even Michelle Kwan did not have this quality (but of course Michelle had something else)
In addition to this, her personality and work ethic make me appreciate her more. She never complains, never blames, treats everyone with respect, and is really stubborn! Razz
But her ability to challenge herself each season, to be able to fall in front of the audience and get back up is truly amazing.
When I perform in front of an audience, I always want to be ready and am embarrassed to make mistakes. But Mao- she got up there and performed despite being not ready and was prepared to make mistakes.

I think everyone, through the past few years, took away a few life lessons from Mao.

These were the ones that stood out for me:
1. If you make a mistake, it's okay, get back up and everything will be all right in the end (World's 2008).
2. The people you meet, whether past competitors, coaches etc.- always treat them with respect because no matter what, they taught you something valuable
3. No matter how dismal things may appear to be and no matter how impossible something is, it can be achieved if you work hard (Seasons 2009-2010, and the current season).
4. Blaming others or making excuses does not make anything better- it makes you look worse.
5. Even if you are on top on the world, beating out every other person, there is always room for improvement- this is for people who did not understand why Mao would make changes this season.
The capability to be self-aware and to know our own strengths and weaknesses demonstrates great maturity.
I believe it was Einstein who said something along the lines of: Don't let your knowledge hinder your learning Smile

I myself have been motivated by Mao's strength, and whenever I felt like slacking off or felt that I couldn't achieve something, I always thought about how Mao overcame so much.

So finally, I would like to say thank you to you all. You have added some sparkle to my life, with your translations, links to pictures and videos, stories about a certain couple (to you BatsuchanHell, no!), and your support of Mao!

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope your dreams will come true in this new year! Looking forward to Mao's future adventures and our shared journey in the next few years!
Many Hearts Confetti Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Its exciting there is an upcoming year, but also its sad leaving an exciting year for me.
I hope everyone of you has an exciting day, and an amazing new year, and that all your plans for the coming year turn out good, and principally everyone has health Smile
Everyone in Japan and some asian countries, are about to experience the new year, and I would like to thank everyone for letting me know mao notices and news Smile
I would like to thank you to every one and specially to a special member that is
mingming for letting me experience to see Mao live at THE ICE show at Nagoya in July
I would also like to thank to everyone else for traslations, messages, support, to mao
Also I would like to thank Pochi for making the edition of video for Mao birthday (And to all the principal contributors and people who translated, etc) this year
I hope the next one is also succesful to mao and to everyone (I do really hope Mao does gets the medal at worlds), and hope she gets every year better and better, and hope she is happy with the next years and seasons programs Smile
Concluding this, I would like to tell everyone, thanks for your support to Mao, and hope his forum continues to support Mao for years and years to come Smile

Happy NEW YEAR, Feliz año nuevo, 明けましておめでとう
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:30 am

Hi guys! My PC has been cured! I've exchanged the motherboard, RAM, video card, main power, reinstalled OS...still nothing worked, but when I changed the case, for some mysterious reason, my PC resurrected from the grave! So I actually got myself a totally new PC in the end... Laugh

Message for Mao:
My dear lovely Mao, during 2010, you've grown up to become such a mature beautiful person as much as a skater. I'm so proud of you, and admire you for not being spoiled by all the attention you've been recieving since childhood. Because of you, I can be proud of myself too a bit, for being able to understand and appreciate someone like you. Vancouver Olys must've been an exciting but tough experience for you at the same time, but I will never forget your brilliant performance and courage you had shown there. All the members in this forum, and all the people in your country were right beside you during the whole event. It was wonderful to see how everyone got together rooting for you on tv and the net. We were all able to become one because of you, and that is something not many people can influence others to do so easily. Although I was surprised about your choice to reform your jumps after winning Worlds once again, I realized you are a special skater to me precisely because you are the type of athlete who can make such a decision. You do not value yourself nor your skating based on what others say. You know what you want, and what you need to do to achieve that goal. You have proved that you will choose your own paths by being honest and faithful to your own heart. You are mostly soft and tender on the ice, but inside you are like a strong warrior. Sometimes this world we live in may treat you wrongly. Sometimes your fate might lead you into hardships. But watching you this year made me sure that you will overcome all future obstacles, and turn even the worst of experiences into your power to face another tomorrow. Just be yourself as you always have, and you will eventually reach your own true goals. You will always be special to me. Thank you and have a Happy Coming New Year! Love

Message for everyone: Thank you for letting me join all of you in supporting Mao throughout the year. Mao had so many ups and downs (as usual!), but reading your posts made me feel that that is one of the reasons we are so attracted to her. Mao is a gifted born genius, but keeps on putting all her efforts into becoming much better. Because she's like that, I'm sure all her devoted fans have their ups and downs according to how she is doing. I've learned through supporting Mao, that being someone's fan isn't just about enjoying what he or she presents to us. It's more like sharing the journey the person is taking, so there will be sad painful moments during the ride, too. Because of that I'm so glad I joined this forum and got to know all of you. It would've been too much for me to keep on supporting Mao on my own, with no friends around to talk to. When I read or hear some heartless person criticizing Mao, I can't help feeling the cruelty in humans and the whole world seems like a depressing place to be. But when I visit this forum, I can be sure again that humans aren't all bad, and life can be rich with the presence of friends to share it with. I thank whoever invented the internet almost everyday, for making it possible for us to gather here. We are all of different races, nationality and age, but you are all part of my life now. Thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, and a fantastic 2011! Confetti
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:25 am

Message to Mao:

You're the only person in the world who I don't know personally but love so much. I cry when I watch you struggle, jump from happiness when you're doing well! You're like my younger sister, who I admire and love no matter what you do. I will always support you, go with you through your hard times. This year was difficult, but you was able to overcome everything in the end. You're the biggest fighter ever. You never search for the easier ways, because you want perfection. I wish you to stay healthy, enjoy time with your friends and family and take part in competitions! You're my favourite skater and I love you so much! 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 25

Message to forum:
I registered here a long time ago but I've never thought this forum can become an obsession for me! All people here are such a great Mao supporters! I've met so many friends here, I'm very grateful I have a chance to be a part of this super community. We're a super team!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 84
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:24 pm

I honestly think 2010 was the most monumental year for Mao fans. At least, I know it was for me personally. I went into the Olympic season understanding how important the Olympics were to Mao, how they were her biggest dream, but I never realized how much they'd test her attitude and her character. As soon as Yu-Na Kim threw down her perfect free program and got her amazing score, I knew it was over. After everything Mao had overcome in the beginning of the season, after all the criticism she'd faced, after missing the Grand Prix Final for the first time and losing her stability in the triple axel, after overcoming all of that at Nationals and 4CC, the dream she'd had since she was young was...over. I know how I would have reacted at that moment. I would have crumpled, and given up. I would have threw my arms up in the air, rejecting the judges and the unfair scoring system that punished, instead of rewarding, improvements made and increased difficulty. I would have said, "screw this" and walked off the ice, or at least merely gone through the motions, not even bothering to try for the two triple axels. After all, what would be the point? But I should have known. I thought I knew Mao's attitude towards skating; I thought I understood her motivations. I should have known that Mao would fight, with everything she had. I had given up, sure, but she hadn't. She nailed both the triple axels, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Despite the fact that her dream was gone, that even if she threw down a quad and two triple axels she wouldn't have gotten the gold, she refused to go down without a fight. Even when things weren't going her way - when they most likely wouldn't go her way - she refused to back down.
I think there's more to bravery than fighting bad guys or monsters or mythical creatures. I think, in that moment, Mao showed immense bravery. It's one thing to be brave when you HAVE to, when, if you walked away, people's lives- and your own - would be harmed. It's quite another to be brave when you don't have to, when it would be understandable if you didn't. Go for it no matter what, even when you're down, even when you can run away from it. It's an extraordinary powerful lesson. I know that I'm never going to forget that moment. It's something I keep going back to, when I feel like I can't keep going, when the last thing I want to do is keep working and keep trying. I think of Mao, and how she fought for both triple axels, making skating history in the process. I think of Mao, and how she attacked the step sequence through her disappointment. I think of Mao, and her courage and her refusal to stop trying to become the best she can be. I think of Mao, and I try to be better, to do better, and to fight for anything, or everything. No matter what.

Thank you all for making this forum a safe haven for me. It's been such a joy being able to read your posts and talk about Mao/skating with such articulate, amazing people. Like some of you have said, none of my friends watch skating, and those who do only watch the Olympics. When I wanted to scream when they would tell me, "but Yu-Na Kim is so much better. That's what Scott Hamilton said, and he's an Olympic gold medalist so he knows a lot", or, "why is Mao a sore loser? She was crying because she lost to Yu-Na Kim", I could come here and talk about Mao with people who....understand, who know her and her attitude enough to understand that she wasn't crying because she "lost to Yu-Na Kim"; who understand that the scoring system was extremely flawed; who appreciate Mao's unrelenting quest to improve as a skater, rather than win points. Thanks everyone for everything. I can't wait to see what happens in the next couple of years and on the road to Sochi.
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:00 pm

aoi88 wrote:
She has the aura of a supernatural being who cannot be defeated by the obstacles on earth. She is the sun fairy that brightens my day and makes me believe that dreams do come true. 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 420949
How lovely! 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 5534 You’re right. She allows us to peek into something that is of another realm. I too think that there is something a little bit supernatural about Mao. It is not something tangible. It is just a feeling. Suspect 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 5534
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Although I was surprised about your choice to reform your jumps after winning Worlds once again, I realized you are a special skater to me precisely because you are the type of athlete who can make such a decision. You do not value yourself nor your skating based on what others say.

Oh Pochi! You have such a beautiful way with words. I love your entire post! I think that what you’ve described is precisely the mark of a true genius. Mao most definitely marches to the beat of her own drum. Despite the criticism and at times being called unrealistic, she never backs down. It is as if she sees the world in a different way. After all, many geniuses who have changed the world were often laughed at and misunderstood.

Wow! Everyone has written such beautiful comments. I do not have much to add. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for being so kind-hearted. I do not post anywhere else. I despise fighting with people and most other places are filled with so much hate. Here, I feel safe! Good luck to everyone! May all of our dreams and wishes come true!

Mao-chan may all of your dreams and wishes come true! We all love you very much!

2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 607139 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 41917 Happy New Year! 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum 463631

Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm

This has been a year of highs and lows for Mao, and so much of that has been a result of her own determination to improve herself. She does not rest on her laurels, as so many others have done. She strives to perfect everything that she can about her skating, even if it costs her in the short term. She sets lofty goals, and does not give up. This is one of the many things that I admire about Mao Asada.

In this coming year, I hope that Mao will continue to improve her skating, but I also hope that she will find enjoyment and even some well-deserved rest. I want her to skate her heart out at Worlds, but even if she falters her fans will not give up on her. We understand that Mao's journey is rarely smooth, and that this is only the beginning of the road to Sochi. That said, I am cautiously optimistic after Nationals, and I feel that perhaps the worst is behind us.

As for this forum, I cannot say enough about it. You all make this a wonderful community which is a joy to visit, and I hope we never lose the friendly and beautiful atmosphere we have here. It is easier to weather Mao's struggles when we are able to support each other through the hard times.

Thank you all, and have a Happy New Year!!! Confetti Dance Rockstar
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:06 am

illani wrote:

As for this forum, I cannot say enough about it. You all make this a wonderful community which is a joy to visit, and I hope we never lose the friendly and beautiful atmosphere we have here. It is easier to weather Mao's struggles when we are able to support each other through the hard times.

Thank you all, and have a Happy New Year!!! Confetti Dance Rockstar

I totally agree with all of this!! Thank you, everyone, for making this forum a wonderful place! Many Hearts Even for very silly, very crazy fans like me! Hell, no!

Now, there are so many things that I can say about Mao Asada that it's difficult for me to sum it all up in one message--that's why I have a blog! Sweatdrop But I'll keep this very brief.

New Year's Day is a special day for me, because it is the day that I first discovered Mao Asada, 5 years ago.

Often I hear and see things that make me think the world is full of ugliness and unpleasantness, and that humans are shallow and selfish. But Mao Asada reminds me that there is beauty in the world.

And she reminds me that there are things worth fighting for that are more important than gold medals--things like honesty, integrity, and love.

Because truly, that is what I think of most, when I think of Mao Asada. I think of a girl who loves to skate, and the outpouring of love that she has inspired--from her family, friends, coaches, country, and fans. Love Hearts

When that girl smiles, people all over the world smile back. Mushy Love

Thank you for being you, Mao, and here's to a healthy and happy 2011! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum   2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011: Message to Mao and Mao Asada Fan Forum
Page 1 of 1