Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao music links/sharing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel
iceskatingfan

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

Mao music links/sharing Empty
PostSubject: Mao music links/sharing   Mao music links/sharing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 am

Hi Everyone!

Becoming a figure skating fan has pretty much opened me up to a whole bunch of different music and has gotten me much more interested in Classical music. Thanks to Mao's many programs, she's introduced me to some beautiful pieces.

I thought I'd start this thread so people could perhaps share renditions (piano, orchestra, etc) of some music Mao (or other skaters) have skated to that they liked. I usually look up the music via Youtube cat

My personal favorite is Clair de Lune. This was a piano verson that I thought was gorgeous!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY&feature=related

I also really loved this version of Liebestraum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW_MAQj0aIA

I also believe Adam Rippon is skating to this music this season for his LP and I think it's absolutely beautiful!- Rachmaninov- Piano Concerto No.2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAK2J05Vmhc

***If there is already a thread similar to this, please feel free to delete this one !
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: Mao music links/sharing   Mao music links/sharing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 am

Rachmaninov- Piano Concerto No.2 really is such an overused piece in skating, but it's sooo beautiful, I really don't mind - when it's done well anyway (see Lu Chen 1996 Worlds). A part of me wishes Mao would use it one day. Too sweet!

This piece just reminded me of the soundtrack from Romeo and Juliet, which is another one we hear in skating all the time. However, I do remember Akiko skating with so much heart to a version of it with a lot of cuts that aren't usually used by other skaters (so I didn't even recognize them) and then ending the program with the well known "A Time For Us" tune. The performance I saw was during a 4CC in 2002. It's not on YT anymore due to copyright claim and I don't know the names of the particular cuts from the soundtrack, so I can't link to them or anything. I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about and can link to the music or something lol. Commentator

EDIT: Btw, thanks for posting the link to that Liebestraum vid, iceskating fan. I remember seeing it once and not being able to find it again. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao music links/sharing   Mao music links/sharing Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 am

Would someone please share Maos Jupiter Music here?
Im dying to have it! Swoon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao music links/sharing   Mao music links/sharing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao music links/sharing
Page 1 of 1