Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Empty
PostSubject: Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)    Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 am

I recently came upon Mao's Nocturne performance at the Canadian Stars on Ice back in 2007.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVaoYkrjNHg

Although she made a slight mistake on her lutz landing, I feel this is one of her best performances of Nocturne along with her Skate America one. The exhibition lighting enhances the atmosphere of the music. Mao appears to be a fairy dancing under the moonlight.
After seeing her old performances, it becomes more apparent how much her flip/lutz takeoffs have changed. She doesn't lift her leg as much on the takeoff now. However, these are merely minor issues since the choreography and Mao's performance is so beautiful. I feel Mao's Nocturne SP will always have a special place in my heart because it was the first program that made me fall in love with her skating. It also serves as a great program to introduce to new fans. Most of her trademark moves (the cross-beillmann spiral, one-handed beillmann spin) are seen in this program, although she does the regular beillmann spin in this performance. Mao's light and etheral qualities are also on full display here. This is a program I can rewatch over and over again.
Back to top Go down
humpakistani

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)    Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm

yes i also like so much the performance of the mao at the time of show i was also there but what a performance it was but i will ask you that any new performance of the mao will again coming shortly ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.forumpakistan.com/bollywood-movies-f20.html
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)    Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 pm

I just found this YT video. Mao's Nocturne performance with British Euro guys' commentary @ 2007 worlds. Despite jump mistake, they were mesmerized by Mao's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnLIHbBzsU
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)    Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:29 am

linglang wrote:
I just found this YT video. Mao's Nocturne performance with British Euro guys' commentary @ 2007 worlds. Despite jump mistake, they were mesmerized by Mao's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnLIHbBzsU

Thanks for the link! I've watched the ES version of Mao's LP from that competition, but somehow I missed the SP. I just love the British commentators. Smile

The video's also interesting to see fom the technical side. Simon mentioned that Mao's Lutz was beautiful, and I don't remember people criticizing Mao's technique at that time (except for mentioning the flutzing). But if you compare Mao's jumping style from this clip to 3F-2L and 3Lz from the LP at 4CC this year, it's clear that Mao's technique improved a lot.

aoi88 wrote:
I recently came upon Mao's Nocturne performance at the Canadian Stars on Ice back in 2007.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVaoYkrjNHg

Although she made a slight mistake on her lutz landing, I feel this is one of her best performances of Nocturne along with her Skate America one. The exhibition lighting enhances the atmosphere of the music. Mao appears to be a fairy dancing under the moonlight.

I totally agree with you! It's one of my favourite Mao's performances. I remember when a person who hadn't been a big fan of Mao before attending the SOI described her as a true "ballerina on ice".
I'm very miffed at the Japanese TV for 1) covering half the screen with subtitles and 2) HORRIBLE angle during the arabesque spiral. This would be such a great source of beautiful clips for my montages! Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)    Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks Okami! It's a great relief to hear from you that Mao's technique improved a lot. Cheering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)    Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's Nocturne performance (Canadian SOI 2007)
Page 1 of 1