Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your suggestions & potential help :)

Go down 
+6
Star85
Luckyone
alyssa
clovera
bellarina
Okami
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Your suggestions & potential help :) Empty
PostSubject: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:44 am

Okay, so we have a new sub-forum. Now we just have to fill iw with content. Laugh

The idea is to create a separate topic for each... well... topic, so anyone who looks for some particular information can locate it it easily.

My ideas for the topics:

Arrow How to recognize jumps?
Arrow Spins, steps and spirals - what you need to know
Arrow Required elements and the Zayak rule
Arrow Scale of Values - the base values and GoEs
Arrow PCS, or quanitfying artistry
Arrow Figure Skating Glossary - twizzles, swizzles and all that glitters

Any more ideas? Any things that you'd like to be included in the glossary? Fried

What's more, I could use some help putting some of the topics together. Sweatdrop I can handle the jumps and general explanations, but it would be really great if someone had some free time to:

1) Create tables with Scales of Values (base value and GoEs) for all the elements singles, pairs and dance). Basically just copy the info from the most recent ISU communication:
Singles & Pairs: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1862
Ice Dance: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1893

2) Create a list of required elements for all the disciplines. (Just the list, without explanations or going into the details like the Zayak tule)

3) And maybe take care of the PCS..?

Any ideas are welcome! Woot!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Great idea! Would it be possible to add a section on how to recognize underrotations, or would that be under a different topic?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am

This is a fantastic idea, Okami!

I'll work on the tables once the weekend rolls along if no one else is volunteering - the Japanese Wikipedia article for CoP has particularly helpful ones that combine the BV of elements and their respective SoVs together (in addition to how much UR'ed jumps are worth) so I'll be basing it off on those, if that's not a problem with anyone. Idea

Also, I'm wondering if there's any demand for a "CoP History" thread (or something along those lines) that compiles major rule changes that were made to the CoP each season. Question There's been quite a few of them and it might be helpful for those wanting to number crunch and/or compare scores/trends from different seasons (e.g., steps and spins only went up to level 3 before 05-06; the number of spins in the LP for singles were reduced from 4 to 3 beginning with 08-09 etc.). Whirly
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

I know it's "CoP for dummies" Razz but maybe a brief explanation of the 6.0 system could be interesting for new fans of the sport. At least for comparisons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Links to videos on youtube would be helpful Smile Idk if anyone has seen them but the nancy kerrigan ones are really good Smile
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Good topic. I try my best to understand, but I'm definitely no expert.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:51 am

YUp! Yup!! Great idea and timely too! It's been a year since the new rules have been put to work and it would be nice to evaluate how these rule changes have affected things. It might be too soon to see any effect but after worlds, we will have plenty of performances/scores to check out.

Maybe it would also be a good idea to have a thread where people can ask specific questions that have been bugging them for so long Sweatdrop (for example: a lot of posters in other forums have been saying that miki's jumps are just fabulous because she has a "ballon" and that she finishes her rotations before she even starts to come down and that these things make her different from the rest. I'm a new fan so it's difficult for me to see things like these on YT. So there's somebody out there who can tell me which of miki's jumps shows the best example of a "ballon", wow, thanks big time!! Boogie I'm thinking it's her 2A3T. Sometimes she gets GOES higher than Kim's for this element.)

Can't wait to see the threads!!! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:17 pm

I have another question could someone tell me why Mao get those low scores at the world championship 2011 or tell me the mistakes she made, cause i never get the chance to check the protocol. cause for me no matter how many times i watch her programs and see the mistakes she made it still doesn't make sense that she get that low score and it really has been bothering me for a while, if someone could give an detailed explanation that would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:38 am

Any chance of reviving this topic? It'd be extremely helpful for dummies like me. Please let me know If I can be of any help.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Any chance of reviving this topic? It'd be extremely helpful for dummies like me. Please let me know If I can be of any help.
I can help you explaining the rules about singles, especially, like UR jumps (difference between < and<< and how to recognize a UR/DG jump), or how to calculate the spins' levels or about the Zayak rule... If you want to learn how to recognize the jumps, there are a lot of videos in YouTube that can help you!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:58 pm

This may be a silly question, but when a skater falls how many points are deducted? with the -3 goe counted together?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your suggestions & potential help :)   Your suggestions & potential help :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your suggestions & potential help :)
Page 1 of 1