Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calendar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Calendar   Calendar Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 pm

I never checked out the forum calendar before. Hardly even noticed it before actually. There's nothing on it - well you can click on certain dates anyway, but then there's nothing there. Will there be competitions and other things on there? Can users put dates on like birthdays and things?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calendar   Calendar Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 4:55 am

Star85 wrote:
I never checked out the forum calendar before. Hardly even noticed it before actually. There's nothing on it - well you can click on certain dates anyway, but then there's nothing there. Will there be competitions and other things on there? Can users put dates on like birthdays and things?

Sorry for such a late reply! I've been pretty busy recently looking for a job. Smile'

Yes, I was planning to add the dates of competitions, shows, etc. on the calendar, but I had to give up (for now). The way the calendar works at the moment isn't very optimal for our forum.
Basically, to post and event on the calendar it must be linked to a separate topic located in one dedicated subforum (i.e. "Mao Chat" or "General Chat"). Furthermore, the calendar doesn't support events that last a few days - each of the days would have to be linked as a separate topic. This wouldn't work very well for our forum - not only most of the competitions last many days, but if we dumped events such as competitions, shows, the skaters' birthdays, the users' birthdays, important ISU events, etc., in our forum, the forum would become so messy that no one would be able to locate the topic they were looking for. Sweatdrop

That said, I check for the module updates every once in awhile and I hope the calendar module will be updated sometime soon. Smile

Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calendar   Calendar Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am

Oh ok. Thanks Okami
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

Calendar Empty