Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China 2011

Go down 
+18
maowataiyo
☆Genie
clovera
roma
Haidogirl
aoi88
dawnsherearequiet
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ddmm
zarinaballerina
polosatik
MaoChan756
ballerinamao
purplemaze
Lady_in_black
babayaga
shikure
Alokya
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 am

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2011/gpchn2011_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf
Ice dance~ I just don't get Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV FD...
very very busy but just don't get it

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2011/gpchn2011_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Ladies FS~ good for Mirai Smile she is not the same person in SC Smile
congrats, Carolina ~ she is going to GPF Smile
I felt I like Adelina's FS better now ~ she improved the expression from what we saw last time but too many flowers on her dress~
Kanako has lots of homework to do ~ got too many UR calls but she had a clean 3Lo combination in FS.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:18 am

shikure wrote:

I felt I like Adelina's FS better now ~ she improved the expression from what we saw last time but too many flowers on her dress~
Kanako has lots of homework to do ~ got too many UR calls but she had a clean 3Lo combination in FS.

You're not the only one who doesn't get Boborova/Soloviev. I haven't seen their FD, I just tuned in when their score appeared so i can't coment on their performance, but the comentators weren't impressed. Personally I prefer Ilyinikh/Katsalapov.

I get the feelling with russians and ice dance, that whenever nr.1 team leaves, the judges are desperately trying to push the next russian team to the top.

About ladies lp, is it just me, or is Carolina's score very high? I would give her a score around 115, not 120. And 64 in pcs?! I guess the judges are seeing something that I'm not.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:43 am

Мао is skating next week, I hope I won't faint before she will take the ice Drama!
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:36 am

shikure wrote:

Thanks again for the score sheet result shikure! Smile

Ladies telecast has just finished here, I really feel very bad for Kanako, she wasn't able to complete all her jumps Sad But at least she was successful with the 2 loops, in which she said she's trying to improve this season. She also smiled a bit at the K&C and during the interview so I'm relieved.

Yay, for Mirai! Yes, she's into it this time, seemed concentrating and very focus! In result gave her the Silver. That was lovely, happy smile for Mirai after CaroK was announced as the winner! Showed a lot of sportmanship, and I'm really happy this time for Mirai!!! Very Happy Carolina was given very high PCS, 6 of her jumps were ok except for her last jump combination, overall her distance from the others since the SP helped a great lot. Congratulations to all the ladies in the podium!

the mens are on now, a bit sad for Oda... Sad 227.11 total score I hope his health corcern will continue to improve and eventually get well soon..

のこりの羽生結弦君 頑張って!!!  Cheering
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 am

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2011/gpchn2011_Men_FS_Scores.pdf
Men's FS~ very exciting !!!! and ppl called this "自爆大会"...ppl just ruin it by themselves
we never know that will end this way~and there is the issue
which one you want to see ~Oda and Jeremy's program or something like Nan Song's ?
when Jeremy finished at 1 and I almost heartbroke for Oda, since I thought he was out of podium~ but eventually he is on podium!!! I am so happy for Jeremy and Oda.
so pressure just got those young talent and we will see them in Cup of Russia again Smile
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:58 am

The term "textbook technique" is quite new to skating. Before CoP, I don't think I ever heard this term discussed before. That's probably because no one really cared about it. Jumps were mostly judged on how pretty or nice it looked in the air. Mao had uncoventional technique, but I wouldn't say it's any worse than many of the past female champions. Also, I always thought the Mao's technique problems have been greatly exaggerated. There are so many other skaters who have flutzes or other unconventional jump techniques. If you look at the protocals, you'll find that few skaters actually have no issues on their jumps. In addition, great technique doesn't necessarily mean greatness. Many of the European ladies have wonderful technique and basics, but they are often too inconsistent. Natural talent is also extremely important and Mao definitely had lots of it for her to make it this far in her career.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 am

Whew! what a free in the Mens! so shocked of the result!! Shocked

Oda eventually ended up in the podium, so as Jeremy, Congratulations!!!!

I really am sad for Hanyu, he lost his stamina in the last part and had 2 falls! But what a Quad!!! still proud of him! I really wanted him to do well here as he was one of the most affected skater here from the last disaster in the Northeast, he wasn't able to practice well before the season start because of that.

I like Tono(様)'s free and love Yuzuru's LP too, soo dramatic version of Romeo and Juliet!!!!

It's so weird that Terebi Asahi here didn't show Nan Song's LP, they also announced that Jeremy won the event... so confused here Question
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:31 am

Im so disappointed about Hanyu, he really was so close! Crying or Very sad

But what is more weird is.. why did german Eurosport skip Kanako Murakami? confused
They showed everyone, but not her XD
Does someone have a link to her freeskate please? cat
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:32 am

aoi88 wrote:
The term "textbook technique" is quite new to skating. Before CoP, I don't think I ever heard this term discussed before. That's probably because no one really cared about it. Jumps were mostly judged on how pretty or nice it looked in the air. Mao had uncoventional technique, but I wouldn't say it's any worse than many of the past female champions. Also, I always thought the Mao's technique problems have been greatly exaggerated. There are so many other skaters who have flutzes or other unconventional jump techniques. If you look at the protocals, you'll find that few skaters actually have no issues on their jumps. In addition, great technique doesn't necessarily mean greatness. Many of the European ladies have wonderful technique and basics, but they are often too inconsistent. Natural talent is also extremely important and Mao definitely had lots of it for her to make it this far in her career.

Exactly, if cop was in use at Salt Lake, we would have had a different olympic champion. Sarah won because she had two 3-3 but at least one of these combinations was underrotated.

Natural talent is very important since it makes your training easier, but even more important is dedication and (especially) willingness to work very hard to improve. In this department (IMO) there's no one better than Mao. She never ever gives up and when most of us would give up, or become effected by our "failures", she just goes back to the rink and works even harder to improve. Even if I weren't her fan she would absolutely have my respect.

And even at her worst, she always tries to perform to her best. It would do wonders for Mirai, if she adopted a fraction of Mao's working habits and determination.

Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:34 am

Haidogirl wrote:

But what is more weird is.. why did german Eurosport skip Kanako Murakami? confused

https://youtu.be/y7fRHPvCtnM kanako

sounds like every channel has it's own perference ...lol
german Eurosport skipped kanako
Asahi skipped Nan Song
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 am

shikure wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

https://youtu.be/y7fRHPvCtnM kanako

sounds like every channel has it's own perference ...lol
german Eurosport skipped kanako
Asahi skipped Nan Song

Thanks alot for that!
Man, then it seems Asahi skipped the performance of the day! cat
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:44 am

Haidogirl wrote:

That's weird, eurosport international (british comentators) showed everyone.

It's a shame about Hanyu, but he did make a statement today. Others better watch out at japan nationals. The whole man event was weird with many falls, and amazing skate from Song!
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:51 am

Quote :
It's a shame about Hanyu, but he did make a statement today. Others better watch out at japan nationals. The whole man event was weird with many falls, and amazing skate from Song!

I thought that too! They said if he had jump a double after the axel and didnt fall, then he had won!
And the japanese nationals will be even more tough this year i think! Cause it seems Daisuke, Nobunari, Takahiko and Yuzuru are all on the same level Surprised
I cant wait for Mao to skate finally!
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 am

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20111105-00000022-spnavi-spo.html

Can someone explain this please?
In this article it said that Jeremy won, Oda 2nd...and so on....
this is how they showed it on Tv here, and what my two ears heard it saying by the commentators.

But when you look at the score sheet or the protocols issued by the ISU links above, Nan Song won, Oda 2nd and Jeremy Third... Am i mistaken or what, so confuse! scratch
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 am

dawnsherearequiet wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Natural talent is very important since it makes your training easier, but even more important is dedication and (especially) willingness to work very hard to improve. In this department (IMO) there's no one better than Mao.
From the sound of it I'd suggest you don't consider Mao as the most talented female skater ever? WOW!

NO, quite the opposite!!!!! What I meant to say was, that while natural talent matters (and Mao certainly has that) the dedication and hard work matters more, since that is what makes you a champion. For example, Mirai is one of the most talented figure skaters out there, but without commitment and hard work she can have talent all she wants, others will beat her.

That's what makes Mao so special. Despite her enormous talent, she still works crazy hard every day to improve. She could easily say, I'm two time world chapion with triple axels, and keep things the way they are (it's not like any of the other ladies will start jumping 3A). Instead, she went back to relearn the jumps, so she can be even better.

That's the mind of a champion. No matter how good you are, always keep improving.

I don't think there's any doubt, that mao is the most talented female skater ever, she has it all, the jumps, spins, spiral and the best freaking footwork I've ever seen a lady figureskater do Rockstar
I just wish, that TAT would undertand the cop better, that's what made Yuna's programs so good. David milked every point out of her, while Mao was giving points away.(IMO)
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 am

purplemaze wrote:

But whenyou look at the score sheet or the protocols issued by the ISU links above, Nan Song won, Oda 2nd and Jeremy Third... Am i mistaken or what, so confuse! scratch

That's just the protocols for the FS. Including the scores from the SP the results would be Jeremy, Nobu and Nan Song. However,
the difference between scores from Jeremy to Yuzuru was just less than 2 points so it's ok. Hope Yuzuru's stamina will improve so he doesn't get too tired halfway through his program.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 am

purplemaze wrote:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20111105-00000022-spnavi-spo.html

this is how they showed it on Tv here, and what my two ears heard it saying by the commentators.

But when you look at the score sheet or the protocols issued by the ISU links above, Nan Song won, Oda 2nd and Jeremy Third... Am i mistaken or what, so confuse! scratch

This is just for the free program. Song won the free, but Jeremy won overall. just as Gachinski won the short, but overall he was placed in 5th.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:45 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

I don't think there's any doubt, that mao is the most talented female skater ever, she has it all, the jumps, spins, spiral and the best freaking footwork I've ever seen a lady figureskater do Rockstar
I just wish, that TAT would undertand the cop better, that's what made Yuna's programs so good. David milked every point out of her, while Mao was giving points away.(IMO)

This. Mao has amazing and very difficult footwork which she can pull off but how come judges do not give her level 4 which she deserves? I feel like because Mao always does the most difficult footwork yet every time she competes they expect more and more from her. It's like she's judged on a different level from the others in this area. And I also hope TAT would understand the COP better. It's not just Mao's programs she creates that doesn't seem to milk the COP... Adelina's programs also suffer from this. They're two gorgeous and talented skater and I want them to have really unique programs suited to them yet also COP friendly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:59 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
purplemaze wrote:

This is just for the free program. Song won the free, but Jeremy won overall. just as Gachinski won the short, but overall he was placed in 5th.

Very Happy Ah okay, that was stupid of me Embarassed
Much thanks for clarifying roma and zarinaballerina !

Again, i'm not blaming Asahi Tv or anyone for that matter for the confusion, i take full responsibility for my actions and confusion heheh Wink
But i just hope the telecast here didn't ended in such a manner. They didn't even show Nan Songs LP considering he won the LP, they must've thought it wouldn't be relevant or enough for the time scheduled for the telecast.

Anyone had the link for Nan Song's LP? reading the sheets again, looks like he landed 2 quads and getting huge GOE's for it! it's a must-see then.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:12 am

roma wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

This. Mao has amazing and very difficult footwork which she can pull off but how come judges do not give her level 4 which she deserves? I feel like because Mao always does the most difficult footwork yet every time she competes they expect more and more from her. It's like she's judged on a different level from the others in this area. And I also hope TAT would understand the COP better. It's not just Mao's programs she creates that doesn't seem to milk the COP... Adelina's programs also suffer from this. They're two gorgeous and talented skater and I want them to have really unique programs suited to them yet also COP friendly.

I also don't understand why Mao doesn't receive level 4. It would be great if there was a footwork competition and each lady would have to perform one of mao's footworks, this way judges wouldn't have a choice, but to recognize her amazing ability and finally give her the scores she deserves.

TAT not understanding the CoP is one of the reasons why I would love for Mao to go to someone else for her competitive programs choreography, and keep TAT as her exhibition choreographer.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:36 am

Talk about an up-and-down competition for the men. It's to be expected, I guess, since a good number of the top skaters in the singles events were coming off an injury (shorter prep. time) and/or still in the process of breaking in their boots. Group 2 of the men and the ladies were quite nerve-wracking to watch. Drama! Faint2

Other than that, I'm really glad that K/S skated well here. Their LP is as excellent as ever. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:42 am

clovera wrote:

Other than that, I'm really glad that K/S skated well here. Their LP is as excellent as ever. Many Hearts

I really like this program.The music, choreography, costumes...they're all great, and Yuko looks so much better with her new hairstyle Wub
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Oh damn! Sad
So sad for Yuzuru...
But I really want to see Nan Song skate! Who is he???
They all seem to take the ice by surprise! Very Happy

I can't believe Mao will be on the ice in a few days! I'll be totally 'kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa-ing'! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Why is Carolina Kostner competing three times?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2011   Cup of China 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China 2011
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next