Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirai Nagasu

Go down 
+10
bibi
Mao2012
Abdiel
babayaga
pearlyriver
Alokya
Jtsmith1
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
skating_fanatic
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:55 pm

I know there are some Mirai fans on here, and so I thought I would share this article that I found about her flower

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120112&content_id=26327510&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks for the link skating_fanatic. This was an interesting read. I'm a big fan of hers, and I hope she makes it to worlds.

I wish she'd do something about her coaching situation, either work with Frank more, or move to someone else, because I don't think this is working for her (IMO), and I'd love to see her working with other choreographers. Please no more Lori!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 am

why isn't she working with frank anymore
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:46 am

ballerinamao wrote:
why isn't she working with frank anymore

I think she's still working with Frank, just not every day, because Frank's new rink is too far away from where Mirai lives.
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 pm

I agree zarinaballerina, she definitely needs to do something about this coaching situation because it has to be very exhausting. I really hope she can put two solid programs together at nationals to make the world team.
Back to top Go down
Jtsmith1

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 am

Out of all the American Ladies, my favourite is Ashley. With Mirai second. I'm hoping upon hoping that Ashley wins Nationals and makes the world team this year. I love Mirai and the love the spunk she has BUT her ditziness is not amusing me. She's 18 years old she needs to act like it. She's going to four rinks, it sounds like there's no one in control of her training and she sounds undertrained. Maybe Frank really isn't the best coach for her. I know a lot of people want to see Alissa and Mirai make the world team because they are capable of getting good scores internationally, but do you guys really expect them or one of them to make the worlds podium ? I'm sorry but I don't see it. Even with Miki and Yu Na out, I would be shocked if Mao, Carolina, and Akikko weren't on the worlds podium in some order. If both were to get sent to worlds can see them placing in the top 10. But on the podium, no way.This year Mirai doesn't have the programs or it seems like the moviation and attitude. Alissa was injured at the Grand Prix Final ( which I hope she's recovering from) BUT her jumps are still suspect. I still get nervous watching her jump. I'm sorry, the 2007/2008 generation or in Alissa case (2002) their not getting it done.

But the thing is how many chances have they had to prove me wrong ?They've had chances to prove us wrong and prove to us that they can contend for a medal. It hasn't happened yet. Alissa, Mirai, Ashley, and Rachael have all been to worlds at some point. Alissa 2009 Worlds 11th place 2011 Worlds 5th place , Mirai 2010 Worlds 7th place, Ashley 2008 Worlds 16th place, Rachael 2009 5th place, 2010, 9th place, and 2011 11th place.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Jtsmith1 wrote:
Out of all the American Ladies, my favourite is Ashley. With Mirai second. I'm hoping upon hoping that Ashley wins Nationals and makes the world team this year. I love Mirai and the love the spunk she has BUT her ditziness is not amusing me. She's 18 years old she needs to act like it. She's going to four rinks, it sounds like there's no one in control of her training and she sounds undertrained. Maybe Frank really isn't the best coach for her. I know a lot of people want to see Alissa and Mirai make the world team because they are capable of getting good scores internationally, but do you guys really expect them or one of them to make the worlds podium ? I'm sorry but I don't see it. Even with Miki and Yu Na out, I would be shocked if Mao, Carolina, and Akikko weren't on the worlds podium in some order. If both were to get sent to worlds can see them placing in the top 10. But on the podium, no way.This year Mirai doesn't have the programs or it seems like the moviation and attitude. Alissa was injured at the Grand Prix Final ( which I hope she's recovering from) BUT her jumps are still suspect. I still get nervous watching her jump. I'm sorry, the 2007/2008 generation or in Alissa case (2002) their not getting it done.

But the thing is how many chances have they had to prove me wrong ?They've had chances to prove us wrong and prove to us that they can contend for a medal. It hasn't happened yet. Alissa, Mirai, Ashley, and Rachael have all been to worlds at some point. Alissa 2009 Worlds 11th place 2011 Worlds 5th place , Mirai 2010 Worlds 7th place, Ashley 2008 Worlds 16th place, Rachael 2009 5th place, 2010, 9th place, and 2011 11th place.

I'd love to see Mirai win nats! Razz I'm not a fan of Ashley, there's something about her that turns me off.
I don't think american women have a chance at the podium, unless the ISU (speedy) decide that they don't want to see more than one japanese girl on the podium. I agree with you, I think it's going to be Mao, Caro and Akiko, unless one of them bombs or Alissa gets massively overscored.

I wish someone would take over Mirai's training and get her in top shape. She really needs to step up, she's been on the senior scene for 3 seasons now, it's about time she shows what she's made of. I think frank is a great coach, but that doesn't help her much, if she's not training with him on regular basis and doesn't give her all.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Part of the reason I'm a bit ticked at Frank Carroll about Mirai is simply because he has far too many students to give each of them the attention they need. I remember one year at Skate America... every other male student was his! How can he have the time? He doesn't! I really think that she should just move to Arutunian and Baranova - they sound like a good team for her. From what I can tell, Frank Carroll does a lot of talking about her but doesn't really help her with her skating. I mean, every season since she has become a senior she has had crappy programs at the beginning which have turned great by the end of the season - both technically and artistically. And all that prowess just magically disappears by the start of the next season. I mean, she could have strengthened her triple lutz-triple toe from Worlds 2010 and probably had it solid by now if she had had a consistent coach. Ugh. She is talented and needs to find a coach that will help her up to the best of her abilities.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Alokya I agree with you about Frank having too many students, but from what I understand, many of them are working with other coaches as well, not just him. I think the biggest problem with Mirai and Frank is, that Mirai trains with him only a couple of days per week (I think it's 2 days per week, but I'm not sure), and when she does work with him, (according to Frank) she doesn't give 100%.
She also needs to work with someone on her confidence (imo), she always looks so freaking scared on the ice. It doesn't help if you talk how good you are, you have to believe it, and for some reason, she doesn't.
I'd love to see her working with Rafael full time, but Lake Arrowhead is also far from where she lives, so this could become a problem, just as it is now with Frank.
She needs to figure it out soon, or she'll be overcome by other young talents (Hicks, Gold...).
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 pm

I agree that there are definitely issues with Mirai's skating that need to be fixed, such as her current training situation and lack of self confidence. Thankfully she is still pretty young and has plenty of time to make improvements and learn from experience. Just look at Carolina Kostner's history. She has been doing very well in competitions over the past two seasons and is a favorite to win this year's worlds, but she was probably one of the most inconsistent skaters in the world for the first several years of her career. Mirai could very well continue to have inconsistent results, but the fact that many skaters peak later in their careers makes me not want to count her out just yet.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:51 am

Bump. What is Mirai up to now? Rewatching her old programs make me miss the graceuful Mirai so much. Hope she'll come back stronger and stronger.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:30 am

Mirai's new programs performed this week at Glacier Falls:
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Ts1I0aNsE&feature=youtu.be
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oEoopLDkRU&feature=youtu.be

I didn't see any information about her choreographers this season, does anyone know if she still works with Lori?
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:25 am

I'm not sure about the Lori Nichol choreography, but I found the article in the link below. I echo Mr. Carroll, "what we all want is what is best for this kid."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/globetrotting/chi-nagasu-hopes-home-fires-will-reignite-hers-20120406,0,5773395,full.column
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:44 pm

I don't see much improvement in her skating. Her spins aren't as good as they used to be, and she is far slower. Her jumps seem to be more consistent - hopefully she isn't just peaking right now. Gah. I wish she would just move to Rafael.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Alokya wrote:
I don't see much improvement in her skating. Her spins aren't as good as they used to be, and she is far slower. Her jumps seem to be more consistent - hopefully she isn't just peaking right now. Gah. I wish she would just move to Rafael.

YES, going to Rafael would be amazing, but this would mean that she'll have to move to Lake Arrowhead, and there is no way this will happen. Either because of her mom (apparently she was against Mirai moving to Palm Springs) or because of the lack of funds.

She also looks like she put on some weight. do you happen to know what music is she skating to for her LP? It sounds very familiar, but I can't place it.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:43 pm

People from FSU say it's Saint-Saens' Organ Concerto No. 3. I think Jeremy Abbott was skating to it a couple of years ago. I like the music and I hope the program will look better after more practice. Mirai didn't fall but she underrotated and DF at least 4 jumps in LP. Hope she will be in better shape by GP time.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 am

apologize if this vid has already been posted.

Now that's the Mirai I love: good form, solid jumps, upbeat music and the confidence is back. Hope she carries it through the season.
Is she still coached by Caroll? What's her next competition?

Last edited by pearlyriver on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:30 am

pearlyriver wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Ts1I0aNsE
apologize if this vid has already been posted. Now that's the Mirai I love: good form, solid jumps, upbeat music and the confidence is back. Hope she carries it through the season.
Is she still coached by Caroll?

No, I believe she is now coached by Wendy Olson. I hope Mirai has a great season!
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 am

pearlyriver wrote:
apologize if this vid has already been posted.

Now that's the Mirai I love: good form, solid jumps, upbeat music and the confidence is back. Hope she carries it through the season.
Is she still coached by Caroll? What's her next competition?
Her next competitions are:
Finlandia Trophy (Oct. 6-7)
Cup of China (I hope she'll get another GP because of Silete's injury) (Nov. 2-4)
You can read about mirai in this IN article:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120827&content_id=37418144&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for the links Mao2012, hopefully Mirai is going to have an awesome season and she'll place among top 3 at nats, but I don't see her on world team unless Gracie and Ashley implode.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Thanks for the links Mao2012, hopefully Mirai is going to have an awesome season and she'll place among top 3 at nats, but I don't see her on world team unless Gracie and Ashley implode.
Yeah, I agree, I love her skating so much but I think she'll fight with Zhang and Zawadzki for the bronze medal and to go to 4CC, she can't dream for anything more at the moment, if she doesn't include a triple-triple in her SP or obtain really high PCS which will probably not happen, she'll be around 7-7.25...
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Her spins are better than they were, but they used to be SO MUCH BETTER, and her skating skills are still far weaker than they were. I hope she keeps it up, though.
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 pm

She also appears to still be having the same problem with her jumps getting downgraded. She was able to land them all at Glacier Falls last month, but if I am not mistaken three or four of her jumps were downgraded in the long program. That worries me because that causes her to lose so many points. But I do wish her the best of luck this season. She is so talented and is such a joy to watch when she is at her best.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 am

I still retains my high hopes for Mirai, although her skating skills are not as stable as they were. Just like Mao, such a beautiful skater won't fade away easily.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:22 am

So, on Mirai's Facebook page - she just posted a photo of her in a Japanese jacket, the same one they give to Mao, Taka, Dai, Kanako, Akiko, etc. whenever they compete abroad.

Is there any chance that she is going to switch to JSF? To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked. USFSA has clearly sent her the message that they don't want her. That seventh place at nationals was a joke.

I'm NOT TRYING TO START AN INTERNET RUMOR. I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirai Nagasu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next