Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Igor Schpilband Just Fired

Go down 
+3
roma
babayaga
Alokya
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Igor Schpilband Just Fired Empty
PostSubject: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 pm

WOW!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:21 pm

This is shocking. Made it look like the top three teams banded together to kick him out. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:37 am

roma wrote:
This is shocking. Made it look like the top three teams banded together to kick him out. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Which I find difficult to believe. What on earth is happening there??
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:29 am

This is a conflict between two coaches and the club. I'm sure ice dance teams have nothing to do with that mess.
I think our Federation will try to get Igor now, let's see what happens.
But anyway that doesn't look good for skaters, because 1) Igor was a technical coach, Marina just a choreographer 2) He made this team, he by himself organized everything in the club.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 am

polosatik wrote:
This is a conflict between two coaches and the club. I'm sure ice dance teams have nothing to do with that mess.
I think our Federation will try to get Igor now, let's see what happens.
But anyway that doesn't look good for skaters, because 1) Igor was a technical coach, Marina just a choreographer 2) He made this team, he by himself organized everything in the club.

I agree, I've read the coments to the article and Jacquie White (I believe she's Charlie's mom?) said almost the same. Acording to her, it's the battle beetwen the coaches about who has control.
Someone's got a big ego (imo). Maybe Marina wants to be the one who gets all the credits... Either way, I'm not buying for a second that the skaters are behind this, especially Dawies/White who always looked like they had a very good relationship with Igor. I always had the impresion that marina prefers Tessa/Scott and Igor prefers Merly/Charlie, I could be wrong though...
Whoever is behind this, it's the stupidest move they could make and if Russian Federation has any sense in them they should try everything to get Igor to Russia, because with Morozov it's not looking good. Imagine Bobrova/Soloviev (am not sure about the spelling) with Igor and Sasha! That would be freaking amazing!!! Or Lena/Nikita!

Stupid, stupid move.

Link to the comments:
http://www.freep.com/comments/article/20120603/SPORTS18/120603037/Coach-Igor-Shpilband-Canton-Figure-Skating-Club
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:58 am

I also find it hard to believe those three teams would do that. That's really quite a stupid move after what he's done for US and Canada's Ice Dancing. I hope Russia gets Igor now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 am

One quick thought - this year, Canton's tech scores have been horrible in comparison to Camerlengo/Krylova's teams, especially with the Rhumba. DSC's teams have all been getting 4s, but Canton's later on in the season kept getting mostly 3s with a couple 4s in there. I have a feeling that Marina might have done this on purpose so that she could get someone with better tech ability to raise the tech levels. However, if so - what a disgusting way to do it! This is apparently not the first time this type of thing has happened with Marina - it happened with another coaching partner of hers, Stan Leonovitch.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:38 am

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120604&content_id=32741600&vkey=ice_news

New article. Best of luck, Igor. I am hoping that the skaters will go to both coaches individually.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Alokya wrote:
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120604&content_id=32741600&vkey=ice_news

New article. Best of luck, Igor. I am hoping that the skaters will go to both coaches individually.

Thanks Alokya. I don't understand though why it's written under the pic of Dawies/White that Igor will no longer coach them. As far as I'm aware, no statement has been made by them. scratch

if Davies/White stay with Marina, IMO, they'll be srewed. I hope at least some of the skater will follow him, though I doubt Igor will have any trouble getting new students.

Again, a very stupid decision. Very Mad
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:50 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Thanks Alokya. I don't understand though why it's written under the pic of Dawies/White that Igor will no longer coach them. As far as I'm aware, no statement has been made by them. scratch

if Davies/White stay with Marina, IMO, they'll be srewed. I hope at least some of the skater will follow him, though I doubt Igor will have any trouble getting new students.

I agree with you, I think D/W better go with Igor. I cannot imagine all three top teams to be coached by Marina only, the atmosphere will be terrible I suspect. D/W should go with Igor and get Tarasova to do the choreography for them Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:29 pm

I honestly hope that they will work with both individually. Marina is a wonderful choreography coach, and Igor is a great technical coach. Unless Marina gets somebody better than Igor... agh. I have a feeling that this season's programs are already choreographed - it is quite far into the off-season - so maybe D/W will choose to go work with Igor for the rest of the season. Urgh.

I still can't believe, though, that it was the RINK that fired him - NOT the skaters!! And the fact that they had to fire him - not ask him to resign - speaks volumes.

According to Aunt Joyce, Russia has already asked Igor to go work for them. I honestly hope that that doesn't happen - but if no rink in the greater Detroit area will accept him, he might have no choice. I don't think he will unless he absolutely has to because he has a family in Detroit and will not want to relocate them.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 pm

babayaga wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:

I agree with you, I think D/W better go with Igor. I cannot imagine all three top teams to be coached by Marina only, the atmosphere will be terrible I suspect. D/W should go with Igor and get Tarasova to do the choreography for them Hell, no!

I completely agree with you on the first part of the sentence, but the second part-don't even joke about it Shocked Can you imagine Merly and Charlie in TAT's costumes? Yikes!!!

Alokya, Russia could always send the skaters to Igor to USA (I wonder who Piseev has in mind). It sounds that there are skaters who want to go with Igor though, so I'm hoping Merly/Charlie are one of them.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
babayaga wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:

I completely agree with you on the first part of the sentence, but the second part-don't even joke about it Shocked Can you imagine Merly and Charlie in TAT's costumes? Yikes!!!

Alokya, Russia could always send the skaters to Igor to USA (I wonder who Piseev has in mind). It sounds that there are skaters who want to go with Igor though, so I'm hoping Merly/Charlie are one of them.
You mean Gorshkov Razz I even know who maybe be a tech coach instead of Igor, let's see.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Alokya wrote:
I honestly hope that they will work with both individually. Marina is a wonderful choreography coach, and Igor is a great technical coach. Unless Marina gets somebody better than Igor... agh. I have a feeling that this season's programs are already choreographed - it is quite far into the off-season - so maybe D/W will choose to go work with Igor for the rest of the season. Urgh.

I still can't believe, though, that it was the RINK that fired him - NOT the skaters!! And the fact that they had to fire him - not ask him to resign - speaks volumes.

According to Aunt Joyce, Russia has already asked Igor to go work for them. I honestly hope that that doesn't happen - but if no rink in the greater Detroit area will accept him, he might have no choice. I don't think he will unless he absolutely has to because he has a family in Detroit and will not want to relocate them.

Of course Russian Fed would invite him, it would be foolish of them not to. But I doubt he'll go and don't think they realistically expect him to return. But they can show him some support in his currently difficult situation and then maybe send him some good junior teams. This can be a start of a future connection and would be a smart thing to do.
zarinaballerina sorry for my joke Hell, no! But this is such a depressing situation, I wanted to say something silly. And the image of Meryl who is always so stylish and flawless in a TAT's dress makes me smile Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
babayaga wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:

You mean Gorshkov Razz I even know who may replace Igor, let's see.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Both D/W and Shibutani are staying with Marina for this season: http://www.freep.com/article/20120604/SPORTS18/120604082/1048/sports

This is shocking to be honest. Don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 am

babayaga wrote:
Both D/W and Shibutani are staying with Marina for this season: http://www.freep.com/article/20120604/SPORTS18/120604082/1048/sports

This is shocking to be honest. Don't know what to say.

Me either, what the heck happened?! IMO, Merly/Charlie are making a mistake in staying with Marina.

polosatik, I wouldn't be surprised if this would happen, there is also a speculation on other forums that Johnny Johns (sp?) could take Igor's place.
I can't help but think what Igor could do with Lena/Nikita and Bobrova/Soloviev, especially with Lena/Nikita who could do so much better than what Morozov is giving them. (IMO)
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Latest news - Virtue and Moir are also staying with Marina.

She had better hire a good tech coach. As good as or better than Igor.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 pm

There is a speculation on other forums that this might be a temporary decision until Igor finds a place to settle down. It is probable, I mean if I were them I wouldn't want to leave an execellent training base to follow Igor without knowing where we'll land. I'll be surprised if both couples stay with Marina until Sochi.
I still think if was a mistake for Merly and Charlie to stay with her...

Alokya, Igor is considered to be the best ice dance coach in the world, finding someone better will be impossible or close to impossible. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 pm

I agree - I have a feeling that at least Meryl and Charlie will go to Igor once he is settled into someplace new.

More updates... in my opinion, curioser and curioser.

http://fskating.com/2012/06/drobiazko-vanagas-reject-zouevas-proposal.html
Back to top Go down
Sviatoslava

Sviatoslava

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 am

Igor Spilband have selected the skating rink where he set for place work. Chock/Bates are with him. The skating rink is near his former's rink in Michigan.

The sourse in Icenetwork.com.
(06/12/2012) - Igor Shpilband has decided to settle at Novi Ice Arena in Novi, Mich., and he's bringing Madison Chock and Evan Bates with him.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks for the news Sviatoslava. I wonder for how long both Davies/White and Virtue/Moir will remain with Marina. Like I said, I don't see both of pairs training at the same place until Sochi.

I'm also interested to see who else will go to Igor. I hope, his teams will be kicking some butts in the upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 am

I wonder whom Chock/Bates will be getting their choreography from...
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Tobias/Stagniunas are staying with Shpilband as well. I think it is good for them and for Chock/Bates that they can get more attention from Igor now that he'll have more time for them and since he doesn't have to split time among Virtue/Moir and Davis/White and the Shibutanis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Igor Schpilband Just Fired   Igor Schpilband Just Fired Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Igor Schpilband Just Fired
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: