Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?

Go down 
+8
dangerous_angel_face
swan
Ken Himura
roma
Star85
babayaga
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

No sleeves
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Short sleeves
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Long Sleeves
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Anything with wrist covers or gloves
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Anything without wrist covers or gloves
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Anything with a choker
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Anything without a choker
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Pants suit
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Others
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
After seeing SA ladies, I thought Haruka's costumes were very nice (the best in her career so far!). Anybody know who designed them? I'd like the same designer to make something for Mao. Love Hearts

Pochinko, I was thinking the same when watching Haruka. Her costumes are alwys beautiful, especially this years short program costume Swoon Love Hearts , I'm all for Mao going to her costume designer.

Wonder who does her costumes...maybe an American designer since she works with Yuka?
Yep, esp the SP costume! I'd even love to wear it myself to a party (if I can fit in it... Sweatdrop )!
It's both classic and modern at the same time, plus I think it's a good design to show Haruka's flexibility.
Also sexy too, but only in an elegant way. Love
And her FP costume is so full of fantasy mode charm...there's a fake skin part around the shoulders to her clavicle but it hardly shows. Now, that is the kind of work I want to see in Mao's fake skin parts! Frustrated

Btw, I was thinking how to improve Mao's Swanlake costume...it's nice, but I thought it needs a bit more elements esp in the upper body...just my idea, has a little Miki and Sasha touch in it maybe. Hope you guys like it more or less.

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Maoswan01
original costume

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Maoswan1
my version

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Maoswan02
original costume (back and headpiece)

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Maoswan2
my version (back and headpiece)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 am

Pochinko, your version is beautiful. Love Hearts i wish we could somehow send it to Mao. At first, I was really happy, when I saw she isn't wearing a choker, but I agree with those who said that this costume would look better with a choker.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:32 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Pochinko, your version is beautiful. Love Hearts i wish we could somehow send it to Mao. At first, I was really happy, when I saw she isn't wearing a choker, but I agree with those who said that this costume would look better with a choker.

Thanks zarinaballerina! I wasn't so crazy about chokers eversince 'Masquerade Waltz', but I felt this 'Swanlake' costume definitely needed something around her neck or chest. And I wanted to get rid of any fake skin. If they can't come up with a nice color for fake skin on Mao, whoever does the job should just drop it and make her wear long or no sleeves period! I also liked the feather looking stuff on her hands, but thought they were a bit too small so I colored that part white which gradates into transparent white on her arms. sunny

Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am

Pochi, I love your design Many Hearts I just want to suggest two things: 1) A more transparent white in the arms, shoulders and back, and 2) Please, send your desing to Mao ROTFLMAO, etc.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 am

Pochi! That alteration is so beautiful!
Isn't there a way to send that to Mao?
If anyone from her team could see the whole 'before-after' effect it creates!
This could easily be one of her best costumes (along with your ideas!)! Smile
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks everyone for your compliments. I'm really flattered. Embarassed

I took Ken's advice and made the white parts a bit more transparent. I couldn't make it too transparent cause then it would look like fake skin, and I'm quite sure they're never gonna get the right color for her. Sad

I'm sure Mao won't have much time to change it, nor even have the time to look at my designs. Just did it for fun cause I was suffering insomnia again. Sweatdrop

But maybe I'll send it to IMG so it might come in useful for her future costume designs. Smile

I so much want her to look her best! sunny

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Maoswan11

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Maoswan22
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm

It´s a beautiful dress Pochinko, I dont know what is the difficult for to do a nice dress????, I mean, you are nor designer, right? Suspect and your dress looks better than the real.

I like the tone of this fake skin in Mao (4cc 2009):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aokDNpnbV1A
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:53 am

Pochinko, your version of the dress is so lovely! I usually don't like the chokers either, but in this case, it makes it much more balanced. I like the sleeves as well (both of your versions, actually). Smile
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am

chapis wrote:
It´s a beautiful dress Pochinko, I dont know what is the difficult for to do a nice dress????, I mean, you are nor designer, right? Suspect and your dress looks better than the real.

I like the tone of this fake skin in Mao (4cc 2009):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aokDNpnbV1A

Thanks chapis, glad you like it! And no, I'm not a fashion designer...a web designer maybe, but I know almost nothing about fashion. So I didn't design anything much, just made a few changes that's all. I think Mao's original Swan Lake dress is basically very nice on her. Just the fake skin color, and the way it kind of dangled around her neck bothered me. Maybe they were preparing to attach a choker to the neck part, but decided not to in the last minute...in some photos you can clearly see that the neck part is too big for Mao. And yes, the blue dress she wore only once for Claire de Lune was pretty well made. I think the brightness is okay, but the color balance might be a bit too yellowish maybe? Question

illani wrote:
Pochinko, your version of the dress is so lovely! I usually don't like the chokers either, but in this case, it makes it much more balanced. I like the sleeves as well (both of your versions, actually). Smile

Thanks for the compliment too illani. I tried my best not to make it look too much like a choker, at least not the kind of chokers she wore when Mao was with Tat. I actually imaged the neck part of Yuna's blue dress for her FP in Vancouver Olys season. That would be hard to call a necklace, but you would think twice before you'd call it a choker as well. I'm really happy you liked the sleeves. At first I thought of making her wear gloves, but I kind of felt that it would take the balletic image away. But I wanted the way Mao moves her wrists and fingers to stand out more in the pro, so I decided to color her arms white slightly up to her elbows. That's the part I like best in my version. Smile

Mao is a 2 time World Champion and an Olys silver medalist. The original dress is designed nicely but it lacks the...um...say, dignity(?) for a skater like her to wear, esp since it's Swan Lake. It's one of those classics Mao was born to skate to at some point. I really want to see her more well dressed when she skates to it. Wink
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:17 am

Sorry if the below video that I happened to find had been posted before.
The clips starting with Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra are being
gathered based on the comments about Mao's costumes on Twitter.
They are split between popular and unpopular ones. Smile

I was just glad to see her performances and listen to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFItjXRKPcE&feature=related

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2