Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ashley Wagner

Go down 
+10
pearlyriver
COHK
ballerinamao
Star85
PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Alokya
ddmm
swan
roma
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Please don't get me wrong, I  HATE what Putin has done and I find this law absolutely appalling, and kudos to Ashley for speaking out. However, part of me can't help but wonder how much is she doing this because she believes in it (i know a member or members of her family is/are gay) and how much, because of the publicity this will bring.  Lips sealed Escape 

As for painting her nails and wearing rainbow earings, she needs to be careful. IOC rules are very clear when it comes to athletes and any kind of promotion, protests or political stances.

Though I would believe her more (in her sincerity) had she just gone to Sochi and wear earrings or painted nails, without announcing it weeks in advance. Just my two cents.
I am 94% certain that Ashley is doing it because she truly supports the LGBT community. I've read all the articles of all of her interviews regarding this subject and I just don't get the vibe that she's doing it for publicity. She even stated that at the Olympic Hopefuls conference, everyone was deliberately dodging the question and "sounding like robots" when asked about the LGBT issue and she herself didn't wanna sound like a robot. Regarding announcing weeks in advance about painting her nails the rainbow colours, I don't think she was 'announcing' this. Announcing is not the right word. This was just something fun she thought of that she talked about in passing. She's not even 100% sure yet if she's gonna be allowed to do it.

Of course.. the added publicity she got is a bonus. Now more people know about her. To be perfectly honest, I would've kept my mouth shut if I were Ashley because.. since Ashley has publicly decried the anti-gay laws in Russia, she might have a target on her back now (AKA she's gonna place 15th at the Olympics). That's why I respect her a lot more now.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
chapis wrote:
Adam Rippon is her best friend, she said it a lot of times, he coreographed her horrible ex program  Razz . I donīt know if he speak about his sexuality but clearly he donīt hide his orientation, I think is sure to say it, so I think Ashley is doing it more because her believes and I donīt see any reason for doubt about that, if she wants publicity she could do a sex tape as everyone.

I don't think Adam has come out at least not publicly.  scratch  I didn't mean to imply that the publicity is the only reason she's speaking out. Due to her situation (family and friends being members of LGBT) I do believe that she does it because of her believes, I was just wondering how much the publicity is also part of this. It's a cynic in me, I can't help it. This will surely get her noticed, though it can also backfire.

About the sex tape; IMO, there are better ways to get yourself noticed, without the tape "accidentaly" getting leaked. I still can't believe people get famous over this... (Kim K) Disappointed 

Which ex did Adam choreograph for Ashley?
I'm just wondering when Adam is gonna come out. I mean.. if he makes the Sochi Olympic team.. might as well do it, to stand up to the anti-gay ludicrousness of Russia.

Unless he's not gay... which would be a LIE... cause if that boy ain't gay, then Kim K. ain't a hoe... and dat gurl is a hoe.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 am

ilovethai wrote:

I am 94% certain that Ashley is doing it because she truly supports the LGBT community. I've read all the articles of all of her interviews regarding this subject and I just don't get the vibe that she's doing it for publicity. She even stated that at the Olympic Hopefuls conference, everyone was deliberately dodging the question and "sounding like robots" when asked about the LGBT issue and she herself didn't wanna sound like a robot. Regarding announcing weeks in advance about painting her nails the rainbow colours, I don't think she was 'announcing' this. Announcing is not the right word. This was just something fun she thought of that she talked about in passing. She's not even 100% sure yet if she's gonna be allowed to do it.

Of course.. the added publicity she got is a bonus. Now more people know about her. To be perfectly honest, I would've kept my mouth shut if I were Ashley because.. since Ashley has publicly decried the anti-gay laws in Russia, she might have a target on her back now (AKA she's gonna place 15th at the Olympics). That's why I respect her a lot more now.

Thanx for explaining the situation. I don't follow Ashley (I'm not a fan of hers), so I only read about her when something "big" like this comes out. I do applaud her for speaking out regardless of why she's doing this (like I said, the cynic in me won't shut up  Hell, no! ) the same goes for every athlete who took a stance on this (horrible) issue.

Yes, I don't think she'll be allowed to do this. I mean an athlete at the summer Athletics world championship had to remove her "rainbow" nailpolish before she went to compete, I've forgotten her name sorry. So if they didn't allow it at athletic WC, they will allow it even less at such a big stage as Oly's.

ilovethai wrote:
I'm just wondering when Adam is gonna come out. I mean.. if he makes the Sochi Olympic team.. might as well do it, to stand up to the anti-gay ludicrousness of Russia.

Unless he's not gay... which would be a LIE... cause if that boy ain't gay, then Kim K. ain't a hoe... and dat gurl is a hoe.

IMO, he should come out when he's comfortable to come out, if (like you said) he is gay.

As for the Kardashians, I will never understand how they could become famous only due to the Kim K's sex tape.  Whirly  And all these years later they are still milking it.

Sorry for bringing this talentless bunch into the Ashley thread.  Escape 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 am

Well zarinaballerina, if your momager is pimp mama Kris, and you have a baby with a Kanye (a famous yet so annoying celebrity) your star will be shining like the KKK's too.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:23 am

shar wrote:
Well zarinaballerina, if your momager is pimp mama Kris, and you have a baby with a Kanye (a famous yet so annoying celebrity) your star will be shining like the KKK's too.

No thank you, I rather be a nobody than having her for a mother and him for a boyfried/fiance.
Your description of Kris is spot on.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Yes, I don't think she'll be allowed to do this. I mean an athlete at the summer Athletics world championship had to remove her "rainbow" nailpolish before she went to compete, I've forgotten her name sorry. So if they didn't allow it at athletic WC, they will allow it even less at such a big stage as Oly's.

Just google, they are Swedish high jumper Emma Green Tregaro and spirnter Moa Hjelmer.
A Russian pole vaulter and three-time world champion who will also serve as mayor of Sochi Olympics village said that she agreed with her country's ban on discussing LGBT identitites and issues: If we allow to promote and do all this stuff on the street, we are very afraid about our nation because we consider ourselves like normal, standard people. We just live with boys with woman, woman with boys. Everything must be fine. It comes from history. We never had any problems, these problems in Russia, and we don't want to have any in the future." Fried Disappointed 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Just google, they are Swedish high jumper Emma Green Tregaro and spirnter Moa Hjelmer.
A Russian pole vaulter and three-time world champion who will also serve as mayor of Sochi Olympics village said that she agreed with her country's ban on discussing LGBT identitites and issues: If we allow to promote and do all this stuff on the street, we are very afraid about our nation because we consider ourselves like normal, standard people. We just live with boys with woman, woman with boys. Everything must be fine. It comes from history. We never had any problems, these problems in Russia, and we don't want to have any in the future." Fried Disappointed 

Ok, what? I'm just...no...speechless.  Mad Evil or Very Mad Very Mad Frustrated Fried 

Hello Middle ages.  Very Mad Disappointed  What's next, Spanish Inquisition?  Mad  I mean, come on, we live in 21. century.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Wagner   Ashley Wagner - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashley Wagner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2