Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 Event Announcements

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

2016 Event Announcements Empty
PostSubject: 2016 Event Announcements   2016 Event Announcements Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:49 am

On Twitter today:

World Championships 2016 go to Boston, Europeans 2016 in Bratislava, Junior Worlds 2016 Debrecen/HUN, 4CC 2016 Taipei

What is with 4CC always being in Taipei? Does nobody else ever want to do it?

Also, quite happy that worlds is coming back to the US!! Might be an excuse to go!!!
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Event Announcements   2016 Event Announcements Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Alokya wrote:
On Twitter today:

World Championships 2016 go to Boston, Europeans 2016 in Bratislava, Junior Worlds 2016 Debrecen/HUN, 4CC 2016 Taipei

Also, quite happy that worlds is coming back to the US!! Might be an excuse to go!!!

Worlds are in Boston? Yayyyyy!!!! Encore Cloud 9

(Finally someplace near me!)
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Event Announcements   2016 Event Announcements Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Alokya wrote:
On Twitter today:

(I'm sorry, Alokya, but...) 4CC at my home town Taipei again! cheers (pls...have the tickets free via request again!!)
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Event Announcements   2016 Event Announcements Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

As much as I welcome Taipei to host 4cc one more time, I really wish the organizer makes an effort to improve if it wants to promote the sport (or the event) by giving free tickets again.

It was kind of disappointing to overseas figure skating fans, that the majority of us were arranged to sit at the short side of the upper bowl, i.e. 3rd floor of the arena; and worst still, we had to battle for seats as we were merely assigned to a row but not specific seats.

Why wasn't the lower bowl (if not best seats) be reserved for true lovers of the sport who had submitted the requests for tickets months ago and showed commitment? Yet the locals could simply walked in and sit at the long side of the lower bowl?

Even if we were sometimes “invited” to sit at the front of the lower bowl (because the arena was sometimes empty, which was quite embrassing for a big competition of this scale), we were amused by the behaviour of some causal viewers. Some ignored the entrance rule and brought long lens, and moved around all the time during the competition. I was once annoyed by a causal viewer who spoke loudly, trying to explain to his neighbours the skater's performance, right after he watched the commentary of a local live broadcast from his portable TV! (It was so hard to forget, as the commentary from 緯來 was subpar, and it is not easy to understand why someone would rather keep his eyes on his portable TV screen but not the live performance). The experience at 2011 4cc was so terrible that my companion refused to accompany me to watch any competition thereafter!

I just hope the organizer could make better arrangement on ticketing and crowd control.

p.s. My sis and I had a great time at cup of china and still feel indulged by it. We don't really mind buying tickets for good seats and be immersed in a crowd of figure skating fans!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Event Announcements   2016 Event Announcements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2016 Event Announcements
Page 1 of 1