Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando has become mother

Go down 
+30
qingshui
chapis
kawaiimao
babayaga
Tripleaxelqueen
supportmaoasada
Dani-Chan
pearlyriver
MikiAndoFan#1
flittermouse
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
inskate
let`s talk
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
ddmm
shikure
zarinaballerina
Haidogirl
COHK
dangerous_angel_face
roma
shar
ElleluvsL
Mao2012
ilovethai
ballerinamao
chiyori
linglang
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Miki Ando has become mother Empty
PostSubject: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:09 am

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! 

Miki appeared on a TV news program tonight.
She said she gave a birth in April and became a mother.

Big surprise and it's good for her that she was able to avoid possible hyper media attention before giving birth which could've been bad for her health. Smile 

Congratulations. Daisies for you Many Hearts 

Wow there are quite a few parent competitive figure skater from Japan for this coming season. Razz 

Oh, she also told that she's going to retire when the new season is over.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-d8kAjKSI

@5:12 Miki holding her baby girl.

IIRC, Mao said in an interview after last season that she wanted to have a baby.  Was it in April?  I thought she might be inspired by Miki and her baby. Very Happy

In the first-half of the above video, she told why she left her former coach Morozov. Actually, he declined her offer and she had not choice but leave him.
She decided to prepare for a new season without a coach when she found out she's pregnant. She didn't want to give up her baby for figure skating although people around her were against her choice at first.

I'm just curious who's the father???
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:23 am

linglang wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-d8kAjKSI

@5:12 Miki holding her baby girl.

IIRC, Mao said in an interview after last season that she wanted to have a baby.  Was it in April?  I thought she might be inspired by Miki and her baby. Very Happy

In the first-half of the above video, she told why she left her former coach Morozov. Actually, he declined her offer and she had not choice but leave him.
She decided to prepare for a new season without a coach when she found out she's pregnant. She didn't want to give up her baby for figure skating although people around her were against her choice at first.

I'm just curious who's the father???

I just hope Morozov is not the father. The timing doesn't seem to be in his favor, but you never know... I want Miki to be rid of him once and for all.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:28 am

wow congratulation Miki, this really came as a surprise, I would really never have guessed that she just gave birth. I also hope that the father is not Morozov. Thorugh I knew that she wanted to retire after this season, it's still makes me sad when I think about it, hope she along with Mao both will have a great season.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Miki Ando has become mother Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5hJxYXdW4w294O_xaQU3AZ5ScoRBmyWmjCB-i4VMjS2hA9tGS

Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Whirly Whirly Whirly Whirly 

In no way did I expect THAT. I'm amazed she managed to hide her baby from the media for so long. Although my respect for her has gone wayyy up because she decided not to abort her baby, one has to wonder how this will affect her competitive ability for the upcoming season. She must've been off the ice during her pregnancy (which means virtually no training for 9 months?) ... and how soon after her child's birth in April did she get back on the ice to start her training? In the video, I don't know if it's just me but she looks a little plumper. Will this affect her ability to do jumps this upcoming season? Has she started looking for a coach? Has she started thinking about her programs? Her comeback seems... Question 

And most of all, who is the effing father?? I was hoping to see the baby's face cause I wanted to see if he looked mixed-race (which would mean Morozov is most likely the father) but the vid didn't show it. Having said all this, I'm happy to see Miki look merry amidst all this.

P.S.: just found out she's already started looking for a coach and is going to have her programs by the end of July I think.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Well, this wasn't expected at all! affraid WOW! I really hope Morozov is not the father and that she was not hiding the baby's face because she didn't want to show it... However, congratulations to Miki, especially for her decision not to abort: a FS career is not comparable to having a baby, especially if you have already won nationals, 4CC and Worlds! Worship But I don't think that she's actually coming back seriously: when you give birth to a child, your body changes a bit, you can't be back to full shape right after becoming mother so quickly, especially because she hasn't competed for two years... Anyway, congrats Miki! Dance 
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

I am very happy for Miki that she followed her heart and had her baby girl. I saw on Twitter that the baby's name is Himawari (sunflower)? flower So cute.

As for who is the father, I guess it would be either Yasuharu Nanri or Morozov??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Full interview...

Part 1

Part 2

I do wish I could look like that 3 months after giving birth...
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
Well, this wasn't expected at all! affraid WOW! I really hope Morozov is not the father and that she was not hiding the baby's face because she didn't want to show it... However, congratulations to Miki, especially for her decision not to abort: a FS career is not comparable to having a baby, especially if you have already won nationals, 4CC and Worlds! Worship But I don't think that she's actually coming back seriously: when you give birth to a child, your body changes a bit, you can't be back to full shape right after becoming mother so quickly, especially because she hasn't competed for two years... Anyway, congrats Miki! Dance 

While it does take time for your body to get back in shape after giving birth, if you were very active prior and during pregnancy, your body will more than likely get back in shape much more quickly than an average woman.

My stomach was completely flat within a week after given birth and completely firm just 3 weeks after birth, all before I could start exercising (I was following my doctor's order of waiting at least 6 weeks before resuming any workouts). And prior and during my pregnancy, I was told that my body would take 3-6 months to get close to my original size. I'm naturally small and only gained 16 pounds for throughout my pregnancy. I was able to get back to my level of activity less then 2 months (but after getting clearance from my doctor following my 6 weeks checkup) after giving birth because my body was already used to it.

All this to say that because Miki was very active for most of life before her pregnancy, those 9-12 months will have little affect on her getting her body back in shape. For all we know, she's probably already back in top form.

And congrats to Miki for having a safe pregnancy, and a healthy little angel. I hope she's ready for this new adventure. flower flower 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:00 pm

[quote="ElleluvsL"]I am very happy for Miki that she followed her heart and had her baby girl. I saw on Twitter that the baby's name is Himawari (sunflower)? flower So cute.

As for who is the father, I guess it would be either Yasuharu Nanri or Morozov??? Shocked[/quote

Please Worship  don't let it be Morozov, I can't stand that creep. Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Was so shocked when I saw a post on this on FB and followed by posts on twitter. I also hope it's not Morozov but I guess the most probable one is Yasuharu Nanri. Kudos to her for choosing to keep the baby. A baby is always a blessing.

Seems Team Japan has given us quite some surprises recently. Takahashi/Tran splitting, Nobu having a second child already, Mura getting married and expecting a kid, Taka's GF and plans of getting married and now Miki having a baby... All I can say now is Mao, please don't shock us so much! That goes to Dai and Akiko, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:57 pm

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! 
Wow. . . Congratulations Miki !
Didn't she do a triple salchow at an ice show? This is really impressive for someone who gave birth in april.
It's funny that figure skating is often considered to be a teenagers' sport, but the japanese team is full of skating parents (who are the ones who skate themselves).
I am SO hoping that Morozov is not the father . . . Didn't he get a former student of his pregnant? Is he trying to conceive the next generation who will take over figure skating's world?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Congratulations to Miki!
It was funny...I was just watching "some" FS youtube-podcasting when the hosts discussed how Miki "lucked out" for the 2 times she gained the World title. Then there came the news about Miki becoming a mother.
I think I will always remember witnessing Miki winning the 4CC in 2012. Her performance just touched my heart. And now I see the happiness in her as a mother of the new born.
Actually, I don't see the point to pressing who the father is, as long as Miki wants to keep the identity of her partner for a while.
But I guess I'll be curious to see how she'll be doing with the Japan sectionals-nationals that she'll be required to participate and see how everything goes (time's pressing, and she still needs a FS to be choreographed. I'm actually wondering if she couldn't make it to Sochi in the end, would JSF send her to the world to give her farewell performances...somehow I think JSF bend the rules just announced weeks ago to allow for this!)

Last edited by COHK on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 am

OMG i had never expected this!
Last year in winter i was so mad at her, because she didnt compete again, now i feel bad teehee Sweatdrop 

Im so happy for her! I envy her, i want a baby too!
Congratulation to Miki and the father! sunny Many Hearts 
I loved when she said, she kept the baby because she wasnt born to be a figure skater, but to be a woman! That gave me goosebumps!

Btw did someone make a screenshot or so of that interview and especially Miki holding her child, because the interview vids are deleted now...
Im always too late!

Anyway girls, thanks for bringing such a news!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 am

Shocked WOW! WOW! WOW! Shocked 
Oh my God, I did not see this coming. When I first saw the title of this topic, I thought linglang has made a mistake. Holy cow, talk about keeping your life private, not a single rumour in whole of her pregnancy.Shocked 

Congratulation to Miki on her baby girl. She has such a beautiful name.

As for the father identity, I really think it's Nanri. Morozov and Miki were supposed to get married in April/May last year, luckily Miki's mom talked some sense in to Miki's head. If I'm not mistaken, Morozov started dating Lena Ilinykh in 2011, so my bet is on Nanri.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 am

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130702-00000304-oric-ent

The above article says Morozov had a telephone interview by Fuji TV.
He didn't know Miki gave a birth to her baby.
When he was told about the birth he became silent and said "Repeat that again?"

Obviously it's a big surprise to him too. (When I read this news I got in my mind an image of him counting months and shaking his head clown

I think Miki will be able to make it to the nationals without much difficulty, but I think it will be very difficult for her to make the Olympic team. I know it will be up to JSF discretion and they seemingly think Miki is so special ... Neutral  My wish is to see Mao, Akiko and Kanako sent to Sochi.  

It's pity that you cannot select skaters for team event in Sochi outside of skaters qualified for individual events.Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Shocked WOW! WOW! WOW! Shocked 
Oh my God, I did not see this coming. When I first saw the title of this topic, I thought linglang has made a mistake. Holy cow, talk about keeping your life private, not a single rumour in whole of her pregnancy.Shocked 

Congratulation to Miki on her baby girl. She has such a beautiful name.

As for the father identity, I really think it's Nanri. Morozov and Miki were supposed to get married in April/May last year, luckily Miki's mom talked some sense in to Miki's head. If I'm not mistaken, Morozov started dating Lena Ilinykh in 2011, so my bet is on Nanri.

Haha, when I read this news first time I thought it's something related to April Fools Day in summer or something. cherry
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:50 am

linglang wrote:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130702-00000304-oric-ent

The above article says Morozov had a telephone interview by Fuji TV.
He didn't know Miki gave a birth to her baby.
When he was told about the birth he became silent and said "Repeat that again?"

Obviously it's a big surprise to him too. (When I read this news I got in my mind an image of him counting months and shaking his head clown

I think Miki will be able to make it to the nationals without much difficulty, but I think it will be very difficult for her to make the Olympic team. I know it will be up to JSF discretion and they seemingly think Miki is so special ... Neutral  My wish is to see Mao, Akiko and Kanako sent to Sochi.  

It's pity that you cannot select skaters for team event in Sochi outside of skaters qualified for individual events.Yep, Sadly

Well, what did he expect, that she'll be "heartbroken" for ever, or that she'll wait for him? She moved on with her life as she should.

I actually agree with this rule that ONLY those skaters who had qualify to single events are allowed to compete in the team event. It's Olympics the most prestigious sport event in the world, you want to compete there, than be good enough to qualify on the Oly's team.Razz  It's what bugs me about Rochettes possible return. Some say she wants to come back to win a team gold medal, but she won't compete in an "actual" event only in the team. It's unfair to other canadian skaters if she'll pull this off. But then again, this is just a rumour...
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

I actually agree with this rule that ONLY those skaters who had qualify to single events are allowed to compete in the team event. It's Olympics the most prestigious sport event in the world, you want to compete there, than be good enough to qualify on the Oly's team.Razz  It's what bugs me about Rochettes possible return. Some say she wants to come back to win a team gold medal, but she won't compete in an "actual" event only in the team. It's unfair to other canadian skaters if she'll pull this off. But then again, this is just a rumour...

I think, its a very ambitious goal for her to make the olympic team, but maybe she can make magic! Smile

I would love to see Mao, Miki and Kanako there! Many Hearts 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:27 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Well, what did he expect, that she'll be "heartbroken" for ever, or that she'll wait for him? She moved on with her life as she should.

ROTFLMAO 

It's so true.  I think why I feel pity is because there are too many good skaters for three spots in Japan now (only in single men and ladies though).  It's good to see your favorite sport have the depth of good athletes, but it's not really good to see some of those good athletes cannot make to Olympics ever.  My heart still aches when I think about Yukari and her two time bids for Olympics. Depressed Crying

I didn't know about Rochettes possible return.  So, you mean, she will compete only in the team event but not in individual (single ladies) event? How many spots does Canada have, only one?  I wonder if it's because Canada wants to push Osmond for single ladies event. Question
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:17 am

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20130702-1150968.html
based on this one...father is Japanese and was competition skater (may turn pro?) then they dont' want to disclose the name
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 am

shikure wrote:
based on this one...father is Japanese and was competition skater (may turn pro?) then they dont' want to disclose the name

Maybe its not Nanri then?
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 am

Haidogirl wrote:
shikure wrote:

Could it be Dai? I'm kidding... or maybe not. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:15 am

linglang wrote:
When I read this news I got in my mind an image of him counting months and shaking his head clown
Hell, no! Sweatdrop Yep! 
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:12 am

shar wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
shikure wrote:

Could it be Dai?  I'm kidding... or maybe not.  Laughing 

Wasn't Nanri a competition skater as well? It would make a lot of sense...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando has become mother
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next