Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate Canada

Go down 
+18
linglang
silenceisgolden
PochinkoPotanko
KariDebate
roma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
sweetdream
FigureArtist14
Alokya
AmazingGraceMao
ballerinamao
let`s talk
Haidogirl
l-spiralmao
inskate
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
shar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:21 am

According to ISU bio, Miki's best FS score is 134.76 in 4CC 2011
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00005594.htm
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 am

I've always assumed that Carol is a PCS monster, but her highest SP score is just 70 and LP score 131. She was far from perfect in her FS at Worlds13 and she still got personal best score there.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:59 am

linglang wrote:
According to ISU bio,  Miki's best FS score is 134.76 in 4CC 2011
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00005594.htm
Thanks again linglang.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 am

pearlyriver wrote:
I've always assumed that Carol is a PCS monster, but her highest SP score is just 70 and LP score 131. She was far from perfect in her FS at Worlds13 and she still got personal best score there.
And with the new rule, I'm guessing Caro will get 75+ in SP, and 140+ in LP if she skate clean.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:12 pm

I know I'm late to this, I can't believe how bad the men competition was. Shocked  Though it's better to get those mistakes out of your system now, than to be close to perfect, only to bomb in Sochi. I agree with Chan's win, he was the best on the night, however he was overscored, again.Rolling Eyes  Would it kill ISU, to actually give this dude a score he deserves, instead of pretending to be blind during his skate. Evil or Very Mad 

shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
And with the new rule,  I'm guessing Caro will get 75+ in SP,  and 140+ in LP if she skate clean.
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but what new rule? ISU has changed the rules so many times that I've lost track of them. Embarassed  The only rule I'm aware of, is the one that made getting level 4 on steps, easier.

Caro, was overscored at worlds 2013, IMO. The UR in her SP was ignored, and she did not deserve 131 points for that LP. But then again, she's always received far too generous scores for what she's actually produced, so no surprise there. I fully expect this trend to continue this season.Yep, Sadly 
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/733309?page=2

Julia Lipnitskaia was asked how she feels about competing against Akiko who is twice her age, and answered "nothing special".
After the press conference was over, she approached Akiko and told her (through a translator) "I admire you very much as a skater. But I was taken off guard by the question, I didn't know what to say"

I posted this because I remember last year, we were a bit Neutral at some things Julia said in interviews, but after reading this I don't believe she ever meant any disrespect. I think she's just a teenage girl who doesn't know how to answer all the questions fired at her.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:02 pm

dangerous_angel_face wrote:

Julia Lipnitskaia was asked how she feels about competing against Akiko who is twice her age, and answered "nothing special".
After the press conference was over, she approached Akiko and told her (through a translator) "I admire you very much as a skater. But I was taken off guard by the question, I didn't know what to say"

I posted this because I remember last year, we were a bit Neutral at some things Julia said in interviews, but after reading this I don't believe she ever meant any disrespect. I think she's just a teenage girl who doesn't know how to answer all the questions fired at her.
Oh, I remember that. Her word choice describing Mao wasn't the best. Hell, no! 

With nothing special, she also could've meant, that she's not intimidated by Akiko, she just sees her as another competitor she needs to beat. There is something about Julia that always gives the wrong impression. For example, her facial expression, last year, the way she looked and talked, to me it looked like she's arrogant. The same when her scores appear, it's like she' always pissed, whenever her score isn't in high 120. Maybe she's a really sweet girl in real life, but she just doesn't show it. scratch  I hope I'm making any sense.

I'm still not a fan of hers, but I have to give it to her, she's improved tremendously since last season.

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:35 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

With nothing special, she also could've meant, that she's not intimidated by Akiko, she just sees her as another competitor she needs to beat. There is something about Julia that always gives the wrong impression. For example, her facial expression, last year, the way she looked and talked, to me it looked like she's arrogant. The same when her scores appear, it's like she' always pissed, whenever her score isn't in high 120. Maybe she's a really sweet girl in real life, but she just doesn't show it. scratch  I hope I'm making any sense.

I'm still not a fan of hers, but I have to give it to her, she's improved tremendously since last season.

I think she's just a shy teenager who doesn't know how to express herself comfortably in the public, especially when she's becomming more and more popular. I understand her answer about Akiko to mean that she felt at ease with competing with Akiko. Well, I'm not sure if I'd give a better answer when I was 15. I used to be shy and really bad at expressing myself so I can understand that.
As for her reaction to her scores, I get the same impression. But I think Yuna is the same. She always looks like: "What the heck is happening, judges? I'm gonna sue you" when her scores are below her standard.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I think she's just a shy teenager who doesn't know how to express herself comfortably in the public, especially when she's becomming more and more popular. I understand her answer about Akiko to mean that she felt at ease with competing with Akiko. Well, I'm not sure if I'd give a better answer when I was 15. I used to be shy and really bad at expressing myself so I can understand that.
As for her reaction to her scores, I get the same impression. But I think Yuna is the same. She always looks like: "What the heck is happening, judges? I'm gonna sue you" when her scores are below her standard.
OMG pearlyriver, we are of the same mind frame regarding Julia having the same outward emotion like Yuna. While it's good to always expect the best out of yourself, if one is not too careful, that kind of attitude can slowly go from confidence to arrogance. I hope Julia has good ppl around her to keep her grounded where she doesn't turn ppl off. Because honestly, I think Yuna is right on the cusp of the two, if she hasn't already moved firmly from C to A.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:49 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I know I'm late to this, I can't believe how bad the men competition was. Shocked  Though it's better to get those mistakes out of your system now, than to be close to perfect, only to bomb in Sochi. I agree with Chan's win, he was the best on the night, however he was overscored, again.Rolling Eyes  Would it kill ISU, to actually give this dude a score he deserves, instead of pretending to be blind during his skate. Evil or Very Mad 

shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
And with the new rule,  I'm guessing Caro will get 75+ in SP,  and 140+ in LP if she skate clean.
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but what new rule? ISU has changed the rules so many times that I've lost track of them. Embarassed  The only rule I'm aware of, is the one that made getting level 4 on steps, easier.

Caro, was overscored at worlds 2013, IMO. The UR in her SP was ignored, and she did not deserve 131 points for that LP. But then again, she's always received far too generous scores for what she's actually  produced, so no surprise there. I fully expect this trend to continue this season.Yep, Sadly 
I was talking about the same rule. But with Gracie Gold getting a huge score inflation this past SC, partly due to new rule, I figured Caro's (who's much better then Gold) inflation will be maximized as well. I hope i'm wrong though. I like Carolina's performance (I especially loved last season's), but I don't want crazy affraid scores being thrown around just so ISU can hype this upcoming Olympics.

Last edited by shar on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Oh, again that "nothing special". Julia doesn't English and she uses the interpreter. What she says in Russian means " It doesn't change anything for me. I must compete and that is all." Last year after CoC that tabloid "journalist" Vaitsekhovskaya twisted her words (about Mao) and Julia didn't talk to her for almost a year (cool!). She is not from St-Petersburg and even Moscow. The lack of elegance indeed takes place in her attitude. She comes from the same city as Kovtun where they act rather blant. I see it as cultural difference. But considering that she is at the international market now someone should probably teach her some tips. The fact that she went up to Akiko and explained herself after the press-conference says that there is some improvement going on.
The real fool was the jourmalist who asked that dumb question about twice age. He meant Julia is too young or Akiko is too old? Oh, please. Bad idea! 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:36 pm

let`s talk wrote:
Oh, again that "nothing special". Julia doesn't English and she uses the interpreter. What she says in Russian means " It doesn't change anything for me. I must compete and that is all." Last year after CoC that tabloid "journalist" Vaitsekhovskaya twisted her words (about Mao) and Julia didn't talk to her for almost a year (cool!). She is not from St-Petersburg and even Moscow. The lack of elegance indeed takes place in her attitude. She comes from the same city as Kovtun where they act rather blant. I see it as cultural difference. But considering that she is at the international market now someone should probably teach her some tips. The fact that she went up to Akiko and explained herself after the press-conference says that there is some improvement going on.
The real fool was the jourmalist who asked that dumb question about twice age. He meant Julia is too young or Akiko is too old? Oh, please.  Bad idea!   
Thanks for the REAL translation. The fact that she went to Akiko let me see for myself that she has a respectful attitude towards her opponent(s). I just hope she stays humble despite becoming  (if she does) one of the top skaters.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 am

pearlyriver wrote:

ROTFLMAO  I think you nailed it perfectly.

shar wrote:
While it's good to always expect the best out of yourself, if one is not too careful, that kind of attitude can slowly go from confidence to arrogance. I hope Julia has good ppl around her to keep her grounded where she doesn't turn ppl off. Because honestly, I think Yuna is right on the cusp of the two, if she hasn't already moved firmly from C to A.
IMO, Yuna is heavily gravitating towards the A.
I don't mind confident athletes, it makes press conferences and interviews much more interesting than the usual, "I'm just here to do my best, and have fun". But like many of you have already said, there is a very thin line between confidence and arrogance, and unfortunatly, many athletes cross it. Yep, Sadly

@let's talk, thanx for explaining the situation. It makes much more sense now.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

IMO, Yuna is heavily gravitating towards the A.
I don't mind confident athletes, it makes press conferences and interviews much more interesting than the usual, "I'm just here to do my best, and have fun". But like many of you have already said, there is a very thin line between confidence and arrogance, and unfortunatly, many athletes cross it. Yep, Sadly

What is A and C scratch ? I think Tatsuki's attitude at SA can be called confidence. His gesture at the end of his FS seems to say: "Here's my A game. Don't you dare to underscore me. ". It's interesting and not annoying at all.

Yuna's LP World2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEtiTNX6gc
Yuna's SP World 2008
Watch her reaction when receiving her scores. While I don't know what was going on in her head and I don't want to call her stuck-up but her reaction strikes me as being cocky. Unfortunately Yuna often gets away with this. Our queen is unhappy with the scores because she deserves much higher or because she was disappointed with her performance blah blah blah, while our dear Mao doesnt'. There are bots who called Mao's reaction when receiving her FS score at SA as being greedy and dissatisfied with the judge's gift LMAO .
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:03 am

pearlyriver wrote:
What is A and C scratch ? I think Tatsuki's attitude at SA can be called confidence. His gesture at the end of his FS seems to say: "Here's my A game. Don't you dare to underscore me. ". It's interesting and not annoying at all.

Yuna's LP World2007
Yuna's SP World 2008
Watch her reaction when receiving her scores. While I don't know what was going on in her head and I don't want to call her stuck-up but her reaction strikes me as being cocky. Unfortunately Yuna often gets away with this. Our queen is unhappy with the scores because she deserves much higher or because she was disappointed with her performance blah blah blah, while our dear Mao doesnt'. There are bots who called Mao's reaction when receiving her FS score at SA as being greedy and dissatisfied with the judge's gift LMAO .
A= arrogant
C= confident

Yuna doesn't often get away with this, she ALWAYS gets away with it. When she's giving us a bitch face it's because she's dissapointed, when she cries on the podium or doesn't look happy, it's because she's overwhelmed and/or sad that she couldn't give her all, blah, blah, blah. Commentator Frustrated  I am so sick of her fans. I know, that not all of Yuna fans are like that, and those who post here and are also Mao's fans, are all very nice, but the majority that posts on GS or FSU, should start living in the world called reality. Honestly, 99% of the time, I just want to hit them with something. Very Mad Frustrated Evil or Very Mad

And Laugh  ROTFLMAO LMAO , at those who called her greedy at SA. I guess they've never seen a disappointed expression, or heard of someone who wants to give her best at every competition, and when this doesn't happen she can be breaking world records, and she'd still be dissatisfied with her performance. Yep, that's our Mao, perfectionist untill the end. Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 am

let`s talk wrote:
She is not from St-Petersburg and even Moscow.  
I guess you are from St-Petersburg, aren't you?
People from Kyoto occasionally see us Tokyoites in a similar way. Laugh
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 am

Julia improved a lot in her skating but still her attitude needs an improvement too. But well, journalist was the worst in this situation, to my eyes it looked disrespectful to Akiko.Rolling Eyes 
let's talk, are you the same person from Russian FSO forum? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Julia needs to refine her manners. I agree with polosatiy, She was disrespectful to Akiko, She is her older and a great skater, She could be more gentle to answer that question, It's what people with good manners does  Rolling Eyes 

I love Mao for lots of reasons, but one of them is the fact that She has excellent manners, She is always a lady !!!  Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:50 pm

does anyone have a clip to the mens medal ceremony?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
let`s talk wrote:
Lol, I can understand that:lol!: lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:22 am

ballerinamao wrote:

I think, i watched it, but it seem removed! I cant find it anymore!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 am

Haidogirl wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
I see, no wonder I couldn't find it. I have heard that Oda and Hanyu had a very good time in the ceremony and therefor wanted to check it out lol! 
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:15 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
I see, no wonder I couldn't find it. I have heard that Oda and Hanyu had a very good time in the ceremony and therefor wanted to check it out lol! 
Here it is Smile 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OghHYVB_liU

2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Mmcsc_10
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:42 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
let`s talk wrote:
Hahaha! Laughing I live in Tokyo and I do see folks here in a similar way as a Kyotoites, even if I am not the one. LMAO 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Here it is Smile 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OghHYVB_liU

2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Mmcsc_10
awesome silenceisgolden, thanks alot cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate Canada
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next