Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Cup of China

Go down 
+21
polosatik
ilovethai
sweetdream
Alokya
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
AmazingGraceMao
aoi88
Mao2012
COHK
qingshui
sapphiresky
Haidogirl
chapis
tinalulu
ballerinamao
shar
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
pearlyriver
linglang
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 4:57 am

Alokya wrote:
Nan Song was.... gorgeous. WOW.
Yes but he Zayak'd repeating the 3Lz (the combo Bad idea!  )
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:02 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Alokya wrote:
And it cost him:

Nan SONG CHN
Technical Elements 61.74

Program Components 66.38

Segment Score 128.12

Overall Score 196.80
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:04 am

shar wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
Alokya wrote:
And it cost him:

Nan SONG CHN
Technical Elements 61.74

Program Components 66.38

Segment Score           128.12

Overall Score             196.80
I know, I was so irritated at that...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:24 am

did you guys notice Shanette Folle on the boards, so strange to see her with other skaters when one is used to seeing her sit beside Mao Smile 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:52 am

Taka is totally lost, I hope he will be ready for nationals Sad 
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:03 am

chapis wrote:
What is wrong with him? Is he injured? It's almost painful to watch him skate these days. You know he's going to bomb. I can't remember a decent performance from him recently. Such a talent Bawling 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:05 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
chapis wrote:
What is wrong with him? Is he injured? It's almost painful to watch him skate these days. You know he's going to bomb. I can't remember a decent performance from him recently. Such a talent Bawling 
I wonder the same. What exactly is he lacking? I can't remember the last time he delivered a memorable performance.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 am

I dont know, I think is a motivation thing, because ok, you dont land the jumps but at leat show some passion when you are skating like Mao or Daisuke.
Congratulations to Yan Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:17 am

I love Han Yan but I am not entirely sure how can he be so close to Kovtun...confused The kid landed two 4T and two amazing 3A while Han fell, doubled a jump, Ur'd another and step-out on his sole 3A...The TES margin is too small
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:24 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I love Han Yan but I am not entirely sure how can he be so close to Kovtun...confused The kid landed two 4T and two amazing 3A while Han fell, doubled a jump, Ur'd another and step-out on his sole 3A...The TES margin is too small
Yes, they were a bit generous with Han, but I don't mind a little home advantage:oops: 
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:25 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
Yes, they were a bit generous with Han, but I don't mind a little home advantage:oops: 
Yes, I am happy for Han and I am not a fan of Kovtun, but had it been Yuna winning in front of Mao in this way we would all be fuming...
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:32 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
Yes, I am happy for Han and I am not a fan of Kovtun, but had it been Yuna winning in front of Mao in this way we would all be fuming...
check the protocol, GOE says it all

every time yuan was beating mao by GOE, I hate GOE.... LOL
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:52 am

S/S would better stick with the throw 3S, even if they succeed with the 3A throw, it's pointless. V/T scoring 77 on PCS and S/S only 68, they are never going to win in Sochi. The risk would be worth taking if there would be still a chance. In this way they are jeopardizing the silver medal.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:20 am

V/T and S/S are like Yuna and Mao in 2010... Ok so V/T and S/S both won their first GP events but the score difference is so huge. I don't think S/S doing throw 3A will be beneficial to them. They've tried it here already, it didn't work and I hope they'll change it and just improve the quality of the other elements. Even if they get it in the end (Oly) they're not gonna get gold (like Mao was in 2010) the way V/T is performing and scoring now.
---

This event is disappointing after SA and SC. And Caro... that was not what I expected from her after what we saw last season. It should have been easy for Adelina to win here after Caro bombed but no... she bombed, too. *sigh* And Kanako -- I was expecting her to medal here but Sad

The most depressing was Zijun. Zijun here was very different from the Zijun of last season its alarming. It's like she didn't want to be there. After the fall she looked like she didn't want to jump anymore. I remembered she looked like that on her first FS outing in China but that was pretty understandable considering she was just sick recently at that time. But after tonight I'm not so sure anymore. That's not a good thing in Oly year after you've had really good performances the previous season.
---

Congrats to Han Yan. That's a first ever GP win for men in China. Congrats to Kovtun, too. But Taka... yes he got bronze but that's not enough. Now I fear he won't make the Oly team considering Oda and Machida are doing so well. I'm quite afraid for Dai, too. I hope he'll be alright by NHK next weekend.

---
And P/B did pretty well. Too bad on the exit of that last lift in SP. Was it supposed to be like that? If yes they have to redo it otherwise it will always be counted as a fall. The FS was gorgeous and I like their lift in the middle. But they have to work on speed more...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Yay!!!! Finally catching up with figure skating week.
I didn't like any of Caro's programs....they are boring...but the SP is better and the dress actually matches the program Faint2. Her landings seemed very shaky to me, in general. Her dress in the FS is scratch , I hope she changes it to a less colorful version that fits the song more Wub 

I like Adelina's SP and I love that last spin she does, pretty impressive. Shocked too bad about those FS mistakes...Snow it seemed like she lacked stamina at the end, her step sequence was slow.

Congrats to the winner Anna Pogorilaya!!! Dance Cheering 

I agree with everyone saying this was a disappointing competition after SA and SC, too many mistakes... Whirly

Now I'll catch up with the mens competition.lol! 
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 4:46 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
IMHO, after seeing them on a big tv screen in good quality, even with the mistakes Han made, he did much better than Maxim. I got the impression Maxim was slower than the other guys when I saw him in streaming, and after seeing him on tv, he obviously was slower. The other thing is, although he can manage 3 types of quads, the quality isn't all that good. In addition, his edgework and overall skating is pretty bad; after seeing his FP, I couldn't help feeling that Pattie's edgeworks do make alot of difference after all. Otoh, while Han is not yet totally brilliant in footwork, I think it's clear that he does skate much better than Maxim. Even if he only has a toe quad, I really feel Han is way better on the whole compared to Maxim. At this point, the only thing which makes Maxim special is that he can do 3 different quads, that's all. There's hardly any depth in his edges while he's skating, and the judges noticed that for sure too when you see his protocls. I have to say, that even with those jump mistakes, Han is still a much better skater than Maxim at the moment. I am all for guys who go for more difficult quads than a 4T, but even with those quads, if the other elements are that bad, such pros aren't appealing to me. Han has much better footwork and spins so I think he well deserved his PCS this time. I don't think there was too much home advantage either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:17 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
IMHO, after seeing them on a big tv screen in good quality, even with the mistakes Han made, he did much better than Maxim. I got the impression Maxim was slower than the other guys when I saw him in streaming, and after seeing him on tv, he obviously was slower. The other thing is, although he can manage 3 types of quads, the quality isn't all that good. In addition, his edgework and overall skating is pretty bad; after seeing his FP, I couldn't help feeling that Pattie's edgeworks do make alot of difference after all. Otoh, while Han is not yet totally brilliant in footwork, I think it's clear that he does skate much better than Maxim. Even if he only has a toe quad, I really feel Han is way better on the whole compared to Maxim. At this point, the only thing which makes Maxim special is that he can do 3 different quads, that's all. There's hardly any depth in his edges while he's skating, and the judges noticed that for sure too when you see his protocls. I have to say, that even with those jump mistakes, Han is still a much better skater than Maxim at the moment. I am all for guys who go for more difficult quads than a 4T, but even with those quads, if the other elements are that bad, such pros aren't appealing to me. Han has much better footwork and spins so I think he well deserved his PCS this time. I don't think there was too much home advantage either.
Yan's skating skill is way better than Maxim
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Carol's fashion taste is a bit weird. Today she has a beautiful dress, the other day she dons an awful costume which I don't get why none of her team comments on that.

I wonder what Phil has to say about this. He prefers a clean but scratchy performance among a bunch of splatfest to a well-rounded performance with beautiful spin and footwork.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Caro's FS costume ain't the real one. i think it's not finished yet. That's the costume she wore for Denis' show.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:02 pm

roma wrote:
Caro's FS costume ain't the real one. i think it's not finished yet. That's the costume she wore for Denis' show.
Yes, thanks for the info. I've just read your comment on the FB group Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 pm

roma wrote:
Thank goodness. Now hopefully by her next GP assignment, she debuts a much better executed programs and outfit. Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 am

Interesting article regarding Zijun's condition:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sports/2013-11/02/c_132853893.htm
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:23 am

roma wrote:
Interesting article regarding Zijun's condition:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sports/2013-11/02/c_132853893.htm
Aw!!! I feel bad for her! I hope she gets back up after this. She still has the next Olympics at least!
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:38 am

Love Hearts 

2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Byj6y2102013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Byj6gm11
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 am

Beautiful girls. But my favorite Zijun picture is when she stood next to Yuzu Razz .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Cup of China
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next