Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISU World Team Trophy

Go down 
+2
inskate
helen91
6 posters
AuthorMessage
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

ISU World Team Trophy Empty
PostSubject: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:42 pm

The International Skating Union (ISU) and the Japan Skating Federation (JSF) in cooperation with TV Asahi Corporation have agreed to hold an international Team Figure Skating Competition, the “ISU World Team Trophy” for the first time ever in Tokyo, Japan, during the 2008/09 season. The subsequent “ISU World Team Trophy” event will also be held in Japan during the season 2010/11. TV Asahi has acquired the TV rights for the territory of Japan for both events.

The “ISU World Team Trophy” is an ISU Event that is unprecedented in the long ISU history. The competition will involve representative teams from the 6 highest ranked ISU Members, including the host ISU Member. Each team is composed of 2 men single skaters, 2 lady single skaters, 1 pair skating couple and 1 Ice Dance couple. The qualifying system to determine the 6 qualifying teams will take into account the results of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events & Final and the ISU World Figure Skating Championships immediately preceding the ISU World Team Trophy. The procedure of qualification is included in the ISU Announcement and Communication.

The first event is scheduled to be held in Tokyo on April 16-19, 2009, the date of the second event in the season 2010/11will be announced in due time.

The ISU wishes to extend congratulations to the Japan Skating Federation and TV Asahi for their participation in the launch of a new ISU Event which will contribute in the further development of Figure Skating worldwide.

Can't wait for this event Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Sounds like fun! The dates are a bit close to the usual date of Japan Open, though. I wonder if that event will be rescheduled? We'll see! flower
Back to top Go down
MissAero

MissAero

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 6:01 am

awww that would be really interesting! Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 am

I definitely can't wait to see this one. I think it's a fantabulous idea. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nanae

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:04 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 am

IIRC, the Japan Open isn't held this year (from what I can gather from the Japanese skating fansites) probably in wake of this event.

It's a great idea, but I guess I wanted to see more of a inter-CONTINENTAL competition Wink more than between individual nations...It's pretty much given that Japan has to send Takahashi/Tran into this, since they literally have no other eligible pairs team silent

Off the top of my head, the countries that qualify are the U.S., Canada, Japan, France, Russia... and I guess the last spot is between Italy and China? Not sure... scratch
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Hmm, now that I think about it, not every country is strong in each discipline... E.g. China has strong pairs skaters, but I'm not so sure for their singles skaters. So this will pretty much be equal competition for countries participating?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Team Trophy   ISU World Team Trophy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISU World Team Trophy
Page 1 of 1