Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America 2015

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Skate America 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2015   Skate America 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 4:35 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
I missed the last three ladies because I had to eat dinner and my stream died during Karen, Alaine, Elizabet, and Haruka... so out of everyone I did see, I liked Mariah, SY, and Julia (except her jumps.)

My heart almost broke for Alaine, she was torn apart in TES. It was brutal.

I'm in love with Tursynbaeva. Hopefully she'll only gain strength when she grows and won't go down Julia's road. pale Right now, she's tiny and so are her jumps.

I don't understand what's going on with Satoko's PCS. Her jumps are very tiny that's true, but her program and SS are good. So why does a reigning world silver medalist gets 4 points less in PCS than a russian wonderbaby?! Really, no comment. Disappointed

I wish So-Youn would manage to skate at least one competition clean. It's getting ridiculous. I get it you have issues with jumps, but now she's also messing her spins? What's up with that? I'm not following korean skaters so I don't know if she's coming off from injury, but it's weird. I really like her, though to be honest, she's reminding me of Yuna more and more. Escape
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2015   Skate America 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 9:55 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I don't understand what's going on with Satoko's PCS. Her jumps are very tiny that's true, but her program and SS are good. So why does a reigning world silver medalist gets 4 points less in PCS than a russian wonderbaby?! Really, no comment. Disappointed

I'll guess small jumps = small PCS but +1 for every tano you add. Medvedeva seems to be a pretty good skater but the PCS marks are way too high for someone who just moved to seniors. Satoko is like Akiko... might never get the PCS she really deserves and that is really not good or motivating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2015   Skate America 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:39 pm

roma wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

I'll guess small jumps = small PCS but +1 for every tano you add. Medvedeva seems to be a pretty good skater but the PCS marks are way too high for someone who just moved to seniors. Satoko is like Akiko... might never get the PCS she really deserves and that is really not good or motivating.
Sadly I think you're right. It sucks for Satoko, I hope she will manage to get bigger jumps, because they are really holding her back.
I do wish ISU would limit tano on jumps. It's annoying when almost every jump is with tano.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2015   Skate America 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2015
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2