Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Guidelines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 9:25 am

Welcome and thank You for registering! I hope You will enjoy your time on our forum.

As I am sure we all would like the board to remain a peaceful and well organized place, it is important to observe a few basic rules during Your stay here.

1. Absolutely no bashing, flaming or otherwise insulting skaters and other users. If you feel that someone else's posts violate this rule, do not retaliate but instead report those posts to an admin or a moderator.

2. Please do not post any spoilers in boards other than "Competition & Shows Discussion". If you cannot help but post it, please use a spoiler tag.

3. Please do not speak in caps only and refrain from using too much netspeak.

4. Please do not post duplicate threads.

5. Please do not post direct links to photos from any photo agency - post a link to the website instead.

6. When in doubt, ask a moderator or an admin to help you.

7. Have fun!
I love you
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:28 am

Hello Maria flower ,
I have a few questions about the rules as I don't understand some meanings Embarassed
Quote :
Absolutely no bashing, flaming or otherwise insulting skaters
Bashing and insulting I understand, but what does flaming mean?

Quote :
Please do not post any spoilers in boards
I often see this word spoilers, but I never understand what it means, I looked up 'spoilers' on babble fish and they said 'supoira-' in Japanese..... Shocked can you please teach me cuz I am lost.... Question thank you!

Quote :
Please do not post direct links to photos from any photo agency - post a link to the website instead.
I didn't really understand this one either, sorry scratch but seems like should post a link to Flikr.com and not Flickr.com/Maocutepic.jpg
But if I find a cute pic on mao.com (not Photo site) can put the link to the photo as mao.com/maochanwithaero.jpg is OK? :bounce:

sorry so many questions Panic!

Quote :
7.Have fun! I love you
cheers Dance

you are doing a good job Maria, I love this forum Love Hearts thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 am

Yumei wrote:

I often see this word spoilers, but I never understand what it means, I looked up 'spoilers' on babble fish and they said 'supoira-' in Japanese..... Shocked can you please teach me cuz I am lost.... Question thank you!

Spoiler it is something like when you are watching your favorite dorama during, say, 5 seasons and wondering all this time who will marry, say, Yukari-san in the end, Daisuke-san or Nobunari-san. And then, when it's only 10 episodes left until the final, your best friend (who knows everything, because in Japan they've broadcasted it already) tells you that Yukari-san will marry Evan-san, and Daisuke and Nobunari are actually brothers.
This is a spoiler. Because your friend spoiled the final for you.
Something like this. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:14 am

Yumei wrote:

Bashing and insulting I understand, but what does flaming mean?

It means insulting or otherwise verbally attacking other poster/posters. It also can mean a very heated debate between some posters which is not held in a polite manner.
Thank goodness it is not something I see often on figure skating boards, but on some public boards the "flame wars" can go on and on for weeks. Sweatdrop

Quote :

It is tricky to find in a normal dictionary, because it is not formal English. It comes from the verb "to spoil". Basically, it is a comment which discloses plot details of a book, play, video game, or film; it and "spoils" the fun for people who want to be surprised by the plot.
On figure skating forums it means revealing how the skater skated and who won too soon. In most of the countries there is no live transmission, and some people prefer to wait until they are able to watch it on TV rather than know the result as soon as possible. So, if some other poster is able to watch competition live, posting details instantenously would spoil the fun for them. Sweatdrop

But, personally, I love spoilers! I want to know the results as soon as possible, because otherwise I would explode from being too nervous! Sweatdrop As long as spoilers are kept in forum when they can be posted, there's no harm in them. Thumbs up!

Quote :
Quote :
Please do not post direct links to photos from any photo agency - post a link to the website instead.
I didn't really understand this one either, sorry scratch but seems like should post a link to Flikr.com and not Flickr.com/Maocutepic.jpg
But if I find a cute pic on mao.com (not Photo site) can put the link to the photo as mao.com/maochanwithaero.jpg is OK? :bounce:

In some cases it is the best to give a link to the web page with photos, because their owners have adverts on the pages and the more visitors they have the more money they earn. Money
In cases when there's no adverts and the owner of the photos does not sell them, it is usually okay to post the link to the photo. In some cases it might not work, though - some website owners protect themselves from direct linking (to save the bandwith), and when someone clicks on the direct link, he/she will not see the photo, but a warning message. Smile

I hope this helps! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:17 am

summervie wrote:

Spoiler it is something like when you are watching your favorite dorama during, say, 5 seasons and wondering all this time who will marry, say, Yukari-san in the end, Daisuke-san or Nobunari-san. (...) Yukari-san will marry Evan-san, and Daisuke and Nobunari are actually brothers.

ROTFLMAO That was the funniest explanation of the word "spoiler" I've read. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks summervie and Admin flower

Now I understand everything
Dance
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
femariel

femariel

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 pm

OMG!...

By the way, hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I already posted a comment today in the post " How do you defend Mao?" However, when I browse this forum, there are sections for newbies and about the rules. The most unfortunate part (as I would say) is I haven't read these. I am so sorry guys I'am not a techie type of person... This is really my first time to enter a forum Sad I felt like I am entering a house without knocking the door). It was really an honest mistake and I think what I had posted did not violate the rules... so sorry again...But at least, I have now read some explanations about the rules...

Nonetheless, thanks for having this forum. I really appreciate... I really admire Mao!

Warm greetings from the Philippines. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey, don't worry femariel! I didn't see these forum guidelines before too and when I did see them, I just went, "Oops!"

Well, anyway, you're from the Philippines too! YAY FOR MORE MAO FANS! Boogie
Back to top Go down
femariel

femariel

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:10 pm

thanks klarification! Boogie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Guidelines   Forum Guidelines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Guidelines
Page 1 of 1