Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skating Moves You Know Off Ice

Go down 
+11
Haidogirl
zhuyifan1129
i♥MAO
chelseamarie
Star85
linglang
FatiniAdlina
MaoMaoRevolution
Mirai
Yumei
getmewild
15 posters
AuthorMessage
getmewild

getmewild

Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Empty
PostSubject: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:32 am

What are the moves you can do?

I can double axel (complete rotation) off ice.... and a nice over the head biellman position... LOL

I've been trying them for a year then learned them... If there's just an Ice here...
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.blogspot.com
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:48 am

I can do Y spiral position off Ice lol!
and not flexible at all biellman position, hehe

Same as you, I have never skated in my life
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:26 am

getmewild wrote:

a nice over the head biellman position... LOL
Yumei wrote:
I can do Y spiral position off Ice lol!

oooh you guys are flexible! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:01 am

Ahh~ I can't get more than 1.5 rotations for an axel, lucky~! xD
I can get a decent beillman position though @__@
You are very flexible to get that Y-spiral
Back to top Go down
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:37 am

hi...i'm new here...anyway i've never skated before (apart from rollerblading)..i can only do a waltz and single axel off ice
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Should this video be posted on Dai's thread?
I don't know ... but it's off ice anyway.

Daisuke's triple jump on ground Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kqDNbyzbjM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:42 pm

I've tried doing some jumps, but it just don't work... lol. I've seen videos of people actually doing triples though. Guess it takes a lot of practice. I can kick my leg all the way to where my knee touches my shoulder, but I've never tried holding it there...
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chelseamarie

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:42 am

i can almost do a biellmann position off ice. . .well it's more like a catch foot position. i cant quite get both arms up without falling over. Razz

Last edited by chelseamarie on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:52 am

i can do Y spiral position, as i use it often for dancing, then just recently, after being a fan of Mao, i have learned to do the two handed biellmann. and an axel with 1.5 rotation.. Laughing for now i'm still trying for other fskating position.hope i wouldn't get injuries for doing so. lol!
Back to top Go down
zhuyifan1129

PostSubject: cd   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 pm

I am in love with the artical,it is so excellent~~
I love the style~~Hope author will get more attention~~

crystal bridal jewelry
crystal bridal jewelry
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 am

Wow you guys are all so athletic *sparkles*

I sadly dont get any rotation done! I watched tons of vids where they explain how to do it, but its not working with me Bawling

I can do Ina Bauer off ice, thats all Surprised
Back to top Go down
patknowsbest

patknowsbest

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 pm

i can do a 2T, 2S, 1Lo, 1F, 1L, the Y-spiral, the ina bauer, a 2-second spread eagle, a layback, a lay-over camel, a catch-foot and a biellman. sounds many, but what can i do. the rink is so far from where i live in. Whirly so i have to practice the techniques on land. Razz
Back to top Go down
CraZsk8r

CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm an actual figure skater, so not only can I do stuff off-ice, but on ice as well.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:16 am

I have been able to do all single jumps, 2Loop [inconsistent], arabesque, Y-position [I tried Mao's fan spiral, and it's hard to do!], 2-handed and 1-handed Biellmann, lay-over position, variations on the sit spin position, spreadeagle and ina bauer positions.

Have you tried to mimick footwork choreography? Or the actual routine (maybe not the 3jumps...) I've tried ones from my favorite routines, especially Mao's! Mushy Love And it makes me realize how DIFFICULT her step sequences are.

On ice, it's different case. Razz
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:01 pm

I can't skate, but while I was a dancer I could do 1A, 2loop, 2F and 1 lutz, spiral alla Sasha (man those were the days), bielman, Ina bauer, spread eagle...

Today however I'm affraid that if I try to do a split I'll tear my tendon. Sad i guess that's the price for being lazy.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I can't skate, but while I was a dancer I could do 1A, 2loop, 2F and 1 lutz, spiral alla Sasha (man those were the days), bielman, Ina bauer, spread eagle...

Today however I'm affraid that if I try to do a split I'll tear my tendon. Sad i guess that's the price for being lazy.

That's great! I'm sure you could work on your split little by little to get back to the rhythm.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:33 am

Abdiel wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

That's great! I'm sure you could work on your split little by little to get back to the rhythm.

Yes with a lot of patience it could work, but it's been almost 9 years, since I stopped dancing (training), so it's a bit scary to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skating Moves You Know Off Ice   Skating Moves You Know Off Ice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skating Moves You Know Off Ice
Page 1 of 1