Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A question(s)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:37 am

Everything is quite simple. I've got a movie on a DVD. I want to cut a piece out of it, and to upload it on YouTube (damaging at least a couple of subjects of intellectual property, hopefully Razz). Making FS-montages has little to do with DVD, still maybe someone here knows any free programs good for this purpose?
Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:41 am

Have you tried Ulead Video studio? I'm not sure,but I think you can do something with DVD in this program,if you want i can upload it for you!
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:17 am

Nope, haven't tried, haven't even heard of. If you could upload it to www.filesend.net (or to some other place; in China you just never know which site will work and which won't -P), I'd be really grateful, polosatik. Smile
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 am

I haven't tried to use Ulead to rip DVDs yet - hopefully it will work for you. Smile

If there are problems... I usually use AVS Video Converter to rip my DVD's, and then VirtualDub or AviDemux to cut the video into pieces. They are both quite easy to use. Here is an instruction how to download and use AVS video converter:
http://www.avs4you.com/guides/How-to-rip-DVD-to-DivX-XviD-AVI-MPEG-WMV-MOV-RM.aspx

VirtualDub:
http://www.virtualdub.org/

AviDemux:
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

VirtualDub is better fot "normal" videos, AviDemux is better for mp4 files and such (for example the HQ videos downloaded from YouTube can be cut and converted using this program). For the programs to work, you need to have Divx, Xvid, LameMP3, or any codec that the video you want to cut is encoded with.
If you don't have the codecs, or want to decode videos that are not supported by VirtualDub, you can use AviSynth script frame serving. I won't go into details now as it might be an overkill, but if the other methods fail, I can explain how to use this one (it's actually pretty easy Smile ).
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks a lot, Okami, that's quite a help! Now need to try all this stuff in action.
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 am

Okami wrote:

If there are problems... I usually use AVS Video Converter to rip my DVD's, and then VirtualDub or AviDemux to cut the video into pieces. They are both quite easy to use. Here is an instruction how to download and use AVS video converter:
http://www.avs4you.com/guides/How-to-rip-DVD-to-DivX-XviD-AVI-MPEG-WMV-MOV-RM.aspx
Apparently AVS Video Converter downloaded from the official page still needs a 40 USD investment in order to work properly (i.e. without a watermark floating in the middle of the ripped screen). Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A question(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question(s)   A question(s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question(s)
Page 1 of 1