Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angela Maxwell

Go down 
+2
clovera
chineseteacup
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:31 am

I think this young skater has a lot of promise. I really like her style. She has good speed over the ice and what looks to me to be a lot of artistry.

It's a pity about some of the jumps in this program. Her positions coming out of the jumps are all very beautiful.

She should work on her spirals, though.

Here's a link to one of her freeskate programs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M9j2HTsnsQ
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:34 am

She was on my "to watch" list of Junior skaters last season. Razz She did pretty well at Nats too.
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:28 am

She gave an even more beautiful free skate at nationals. She has also jumped 3f-3t in competitions!

Btw, is it true that she is half-Japanese?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Aibhlin wrote:
She gave an even more beautiful free skate at nationals. She has also jumped 3f-3t in competitions!

Btw, is it true that she is half-Japanese?
That will be correct! Razz She trains in the same rink as Miki and from what I can tell can speak a little Japanese, as she was seen chatting with both Yukiko and Kanako during JGP Sheffield and the JGPF last season. cat
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:58 pm

I was wondering why she did so poorly at Nationals, because from what I saw, her skating is a lot more exciting and pleasant to watch than Rachael Flatt's and even Caroline Zhang's.

Of course, her jumps aren't perfect and the other skaters may be technically superior to her, but there was an intensity in Angela's skating that I haven't seen from an U.S. skater in a while now.

I guess there's very little chance of her making it to Vancouver next year, but I'm hoping that we'll get to see her at the 2014 Winter Olympics. She is showing a LOT of promise right now.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:03 am

She reminds me of Irina Slutskya.
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:48 am

[quote="chineseteacup"]I was wondering why she did so poorly at Nationals, because from what I saw, her skating is a lot more exciting and pleasant to watch than Rachael Flatt's and even Caroline Zhang's.
quote]

I don't think she did poorly at all. If memory serves me right she landed six triples and singled one, no falls. The reason behind her low scores could be that she wasn't in either the penultimate or last group. I think she ended up in 8th place which isn't quite so bad for her first senior Nationals. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 am

New interview - she looks cute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpq9OpeRxP0
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Angela is an awesome skater!!
I really like her style, too. She kind of "bounces" across the ice with a lot of speed Very Happy

I had the pleasure of seeing her in an ice show at the on-ice level seats about 3 1/2 months ago...and she was just amazing! She can do a backflip, too!!
She's really different from a lot of the junior ladies and she stands out in a
really good way~

I will definitely be rooting for her at US Nationals. Cheering
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 am

I love how she chose music from Vampire Knight for her free program. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angela Maxwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Maxwell   Angela Maxwell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angela Maxwell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: