Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yukari Nakano - an interview :)

Go down 
+3
Okami
Batsuchan
☆Genie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Pooping wrote:
this isn't mao but yukari nakano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dApdRGYDtc4&feature=channel_page

Thanks for the link! Very Happy

HEY MODERATORS - can we move this to one of the threads on Yukari Nakano in the 'Other Skaters' section? Question Then I'll be happy to translate... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:32 am

Batsuchan wrote:

HEY MODERATORS - can we move this to one of the threads on Yukari Nakano in the 'Other Skaters' section? Question

Done! Smile

This was a nice interview, BTW! I laughed at Yukari's attempts to explain the difference between "romance" and "love"... Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:40 am

Okami wrote:

I laughed at Yukari's attempts to explain the difference between "romance" and "love"... Many Hearts
Hm. Let's see, let's see... Smile
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:34 am

Thanks so much for the link!

Would someone maybe make a little translation, please? She is one of my fav skaters! She is always so beautiful and i felt so sad, as she fell in 4th at the jap. nationals T___T
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Here's a translation (it's a little rough; several words I wasn't quite sure about Sweatdrop ):

0:21
Narration [paraphrasing]: In the short program of last season's Japan Nationals, Yukari Nakano finished 1st with a wonderful performance. There was hope for her first win. But in the free program on the next day, she made several mistakes, and she fell from 1st to 5th and missed her chance to appear at Four Continents and Worlds.

0:49
Honda: After finishing the 2008-09 season, what are your thoughts?
Yukari: Yes well, it was a difficult season, but it was also a season where I learned all kinds of things.
Yukari: If you face the competitions without practicing enough, nothing good will come of it. If you face the competitions while holding onto doubts, that will come out in everything - from that part, I learned once again, how important practicing in the off-season is.

1:22
Narration: In this, the Olympic season, her short program is "Phantom of the Opera" and her free program is "Firebird." The theme of those programs are...

1:33
Yukari: Last year, in my short and free and exhibition programs, I skated with the theme of "love" [romantic love]. This year, for my short program, [the theme is] "love" [more general love...anyone else have a better way to translate 'koi' versus 'ai'?? Question]

Narration: Her short program theme is "love." If we ask her about the difference between 'koi' and 'ai' [love and love]...

1:55
Yukari: What do you think? What do you think is the difference between 'koi' and 'ai'?
[On-screen: Backwards interview!]
Honda: 'Koi' seems a little more fresh.
Yukari: It is slightly different, isn't it.
Honda: 'Ai' is more...
Yukari: It's deep, isn't it.
Honda: There's a mashed up and messy side to it...
Yukari: Yes.
Honda: ...like it's overflowing with deep/profound humanity
Yukari: I think it's like that.
Honda: I'm answering all the questions!

2:20
Narration: In contrast to the short program with the theme of love, the free program image is...

Yukari: Yes, I think "passionate" is the closest word. This is again another piece of ballet music and it has a story, so I think it would be good if I could perform it according to the story.
Honda: It seems like it will be a deep program.
Yukari: Yes. I still haven't practiced it enough yet, but if it can get to the point where it is said to be part of my "best hits compilation", I think that would be good.

At the end, Honda-announcer says something like she was impressed by Yukari's drive/determination, which was shown by the fact that she completed her programs so early.

The 'backwards interview' part was pretty funny! Razz
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's new programs!! Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:04 am

Awwww thanky you so much Batsuchan!! Love

How come, she wasnt practising enough last season? How can this happen to a skater like her? confused
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:53 am

thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:01 am

Haidogirl wrote:
How come, she wasnt practising enough last season? How can this happen to a skater like her? confused
From what I can tell from Japanese boards, it appears to be mainly academic, since Yukari started grad school (it must also be difficult to maintain drive). I love you

I hope she can have a successful season. cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yukari Nakano - an interview :)   Yukari Nakano - an interview :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yukari Nakano - an interview :)
Page 1 of 1