Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America 2007-08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Popon

Popon

Skate America 2007-08 Empty
PostSubject: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:29 pm

Results
http://www.isufs.org/results/gpusa07/

ladies SP

Kimmie Meisner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUIcbnKRM8
Miki Ando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Q7Rvv22vs
Caroline Zhang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_U3Ig_weY

Is this commentator TAT? :drunken:
Mai is 5th place after her SP!!!
Encore Encore Good luck! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:08 am

Thank you Popon for the link Very Happy
Kimmie and caroline skated nice flower Love Caroline's SP Love Hearts
Poor miki for the fall and combination jump looks like became 3+2..., good luck for tomorrow's free cheers
Mai-chan ganbatte tomorrow Love Hearts Good luck!

And again congratulations to Dai-chan Dance Encore

Last edited by on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
Popon

Popon

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 4:05 am

Thanks for the links, Popon! Very Happy

I'm sooo happy for Dai!!!!! Rockstar cheers
Dance
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Daisuke Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven
Worship
It seems I fell in love with his new programs even more than with the ones from the last season, which is quite impossible, actually Smile His step sequences are completely insane. (This reminds me of the "World Record" episode from The Animatrix, where an athlete broke a world record by violating the physical laws of the world inside the matrix Cool ).
And I like his 'Romeo and Juliet' outfit. =P
---
Love Hearts Mai Love Hearts
I just love her. Good luck all the season long, dear Mai!

And good luck for Miki!

Yes, Popon, TAT is commenting. It seems that she likes Daisuke quite much. Smile She was very fond of his last step sequence (straight line) in the LP (she said "amazing" three times in a row Cool ).
And it's pity that the Mai's SP video from the YouTube is so cut. I would like to hear TAT's commentary over her.
Back to top Go down
Yumei
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Yumei

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm

summervie wrote:
Yes, Popon, TAT is commenting. It seems that she likes Daisuke quite much. Smile She was very fond of his last step sequence (straight line) in the LP (she said "amazing" three times in a row Cool ).
And it's pity that the Mai's SP video from the YouTube is so cut. I would like to hear TAT's commentary over her.

Thanks for sharing TAT's comment Very Happy I loved Daisuke's step as always too, but judge seems strict giving Slst1 for SP, and Cist2 and Slst2.... Loved his quad Love Hearts It was perfect Very Happy I wanted to know what TAT says about Mai's SP that she choreographed too!

I only saw result of ladies FS, but it doesn't seem anybody skated their best. Yet, Congratulations to Kimmie for winning SA Encore
Miki, ya still have time till NHK, so ganbatte next time Exclamation
Caroline, Congratulations for your first senior medal Very Happy
Mai-chan, ganbatte for nationals Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://englishaffairs.cn
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:45 am

I loved choreo of Miki and Mai's performances. Too bad about the jumps, hopefully they'll get better with time.
I'm worried about Miki's injuries. She didn't seem fully recovered - she could not even do a catchfoot layback, not to mention Biellman. Sad, Lonely

The American commentators were so clueless and annoying - I thought that Miki did very well considering she was not in full health. She improved artistically, her spirals got better and she did her best to fix her lip.
And saying that skating to slow music is way easier is just just wrong. It is very difficult to skate to slow music and still interpret it well enough to make it interesting. Mao's Nocturne SP was skated to slow music, but it had very compex choreography. Mai was also great at interpreting the music at SA. Insinuating that she picked it just to make her life easier is in bad taste, IMHO, especially considering that her last season's SP (second part, Libertango) was rather fast.

Overall, I liked the programs more than the commentators. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2007-08   Skate America 2007-08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2007-08
Page 1 of 1