Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?

Go down 
+17
yuki
edberg830
iceskatingfan
ballerinamao
Star85
Mirai
roma
mingming
Batsuchan
coolmeia
illani
chiyori
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
tianrushui
aoi88
21 posters

What's your favorite Mao's LP of all time?
The Nutcracker (2005-2006)
Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_lcap6%Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Czardas (2006-2007)
Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_lcap16%Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 8 ]
Fantaisie-Impromptu (2007-2008)
Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_lcap38%Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 19 ]
Masquerade (2008-2009)
Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_lcap8%Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Bells of Moscow (2009-2010)
Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_lcap32%Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Vote_rcap
 32% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Empty
PostSubject: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:25 am

I haven't seen a poll like this on the forum, so I decided to create one. Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_smile I have only listed programs she has done since she entered the senior circuit, so her programs as a junior are not included. Picking a favorite LP of Mao is actually pretty hard as I find myself deciding among Nutcracker, Fantaisie, and Czardas. Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? 570713 In the end, I choose Czardas because I feel it brings out the sheer joy of skating in Mao. Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_flower

Last edited by aoi88 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 pm

I like Fantaisie-Impromptu best. It shows Mao's outstanding skating skills the best.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Definitely Bells of Moscow, I love it!!!! Many Hearts Love
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Uhh, this is hard! All of them are wonderful!

Drama!

But Fantaisie-Impromptu stands out from all the rest. I love that program!

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:31 pm

It was so hard for me to pick. Czardas was the first Mao program I ever saw and the one that made a hardcore Mao fan out of me, Fantaisie-Impromptu was absolutely beautiful and showed just how great Mao is artistically AND technically, and Bells is stunning IMO. I ended up voting for Fantaisie though, since so far (this may change when everything falls perfectly into place for Bells), that's the program I've connected emotionally with the most.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Aah! That was a hard one! I like all of Mao's LPs a lot!! scratch I settled for Bells of Moscow, but it was a really tight race with Fantaisie! And honestly, I couldn't really decide between the two until I thought that Bells touched me deeply even when it was not perfect while I had to wait for GPF and 4CC to truly feel that Mao was really feeling Fantaisie-Impromptu.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I voted for Bells, but Fantaisie and Czardas are right there too. I don't know, Bells is just so different from what most ladies skate to, and especially at Nationals, she made it work.
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:50 pm

I love the Bells. I think she's showing more improvement with this program than others.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Hmm, for me, it's probably Fantasie-Impromptu, but I'm picking 'Nutcracker' because it was the first Mao program I ever saw, and it fit her absolutely perfectly! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 am

It's too difficult...but I pick Bells of Moscow.
This will (also) be masterpiece of Mao!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 am

Gosh! I love them all. But as of this moment, I'll have to go with Fantaisie-Impromptu. This may change after 4CC or the Olympics, though. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 am

Fantaisie-Impromptu! Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? 420949 Bells came a close second, but I picked Fantaisie in the end because it showcased Mao's lightness & her amazing jumping ability the best IMO, while still being a mature and elegant program. Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? 5534

Not to mention I love her Fantaisie LP dresses the best Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

I had to go with Nutcracker. For one reason, that was the first program I ever saw Mao skate, and that was when I fell in love with her skating. The music, and choreography suited her personality, and her skating style really well. Plus, I really love all the music, and the story of the Nutcracker. I love Tchaikovsky's music too. Oh, and I also love pretty, princess-ie music for female skaters. At any age too. lol. A lot of people disagree with me there, but that's just me Smile

Fantaisie is a close second. I really loved that program too, and I think if Mao were to ever go back to an old LP, that would be the best choice.

Czardas was a good, solid 3rd for me. It was a great program too.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I really love every program mao has made, but in the end my vote goes to bells of moscow because it was after this performance that I became a hardcore fan of mao and actually is the first program I ever saw of mao, but my second choice would be nutcracker Smile

the reason why I chose bells is because it was sooo different from what most women skate to and has ever skated to. it just had soo much depth's and one could almost see the sad story behind it... not to mention to be able to pick such a diffecult piece to skate to is just incredible and shows how much courage mao has, and for such a delicate and light skater like mao to be able to to skate to such dark music and interpret it soo well it's just magnificent...just shows what a great artist she is.. Drama!
Back to top Go down
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel
iceskatingfan

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

Hmm this is definitely tough...but I think I'll choose Czardas. I just love the footwork she does into her triple axel!
Back to top Go down
edberg830

edberg830

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:17 am

Bells Of Moscow!!!!!! Powerful, dramatic unique and original.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Me too. Bells Of Moscow is the best!!!!!!

Whenever I watch the program, I make tight fists, forgetting the breath, keeping a feeling of tension through 4 minutes.

Nobody knows how much hard time got through for Mao to get the soulful expressiveness. I can only imagine the hardship. But that imagination always inspires and encourages me a lot.cheers
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 am

Bells of Moscow! It's really an outstandig program! I love the music and the costume.... simply everything!
Czardas, is my second favorite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 am

Fantasie-Impromptu. Especially how she performed at the World Champs.
It was one of the videos that hooked me to her!! Smile
Back to top Go down
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:06 am

Fantasie-Impromptu
everything began at the moment I saw it
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 am

Fantasie-Impromptu definitely. It was the first program I saw, and I immediately fell in love with it. I seriously think that LP showed Mao at her best: light, airy and magically captivating.

My least fave would be Masquerade. It was too monotonous for an LP, didn't have the drama of "Bells' to spice things up, and left me feeling like Mao could do better. It's a good program, yes, but it worked better as an SP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?   Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which of these LP by Mao is your favorite?
Page 1 of 1