Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funny Pictures

Go down 
+6
klarification
chiyori
MikiAndoFan#1
ddmm
coconut
sapphiresky
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 am

Hi guys:

Vancouver Sun posted some funny pictures of figure skating from the men's, pairs and ice dance competitions.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Photos+Skate+face/2598830/story.html

I had a good laugh when I was going through them lol- this isn't meant to be offensive at all though, just something light-hearted. It's a nice contrast to the "seriousness" of the Olympics!
It makes me wonder why they take such close-ups during jumps and spins- I think photographers want to entertain themselves ROTFLMAO
They also made a comment of whether to add the ladies into this "hall of fame" Razz
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 am

Oh, Taka-chan's face at first! Too sweet!
Many skaters hair go like Yikes!!! in the picture.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 am

sapphiresky wrote:
Hi guys:

Vancouver Sun posted some funny pictures of figure skating from the men's, pairs and ice dance competitions.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Photos+Skate+face/2598830/story.html

I had a good laugh when I was going through them lol- this isn't meant to be offensive at all though, just something light-hearted. It's a nice contrast to the "seriousness" of the Olympics!
It makes me wonder why they take such close-ups during jumps and spins- I think photographers want to entertain themselves ROTFLMAO
They also made a comment of whether to add the ladies into this "hall of fame" Razz

lol! Funny !
It also shows how fast they go.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 am

Evgeni looks like a zombie!

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

ROTFLMAO

Hahaha! That's exactly what I was going to post!! Razz
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

ROTFLMAO

EXACTLY WHAT I HAD IN MIND. lol!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm

I feel a bit guilty towards Miki to post this to you all, but check this: http://ameblo.jp/axolotl/entry-10493719255.html

Sankei newspapers used this photo of Miki on their net it seems, and got alot of critisizms for doing so (naturally), they took it down and apologized for being unthoughtful of Miki and her fans. Now, I'm not posting this so that it'd spread more, but just to let you know that the Japanese media has been using alot of embarrasing photos of their skaters in some articles for a long time, but at last they did the right thing by admitting they had done wrong.

Since I have some friends who are professional photographers, I know for a fact that they take countless photos in sport event. But still, somehow papers and magazines tend to use the most terrible ones! Sankei newspapers said that the photo wasn't taken by one of their own photographers, but that's not much of an excuse. I'm sure there's someone against Miki amongst their staff and he or she must've chosen it on purpose.

Miki had always been sniffing her nose during her performances, which I always wished she would stop doing. And this season she did stop, I was happy about it.....but I guess her not sniffing resulted in this photo. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I feel a bit guilty towards Miki to post this to you all, but check this: http://ameblo.jp/axolotl/entry-10493719255.html

pale That was gross.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Aw, poor Miki.

Depressed Crying

This is one reason I hate the media.

Disappointed
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:54 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Aw, poor Miki.

Depressed Crying

This is one reason I hate the media.

Disappointed

This is one reason I gave up being one of them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

YES, I have no patience for choosing such a photo to get attention. Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated

However, I have another feeling at the same time whenever I see such photos.
They are doing sports. Of course the looks are ugly but touching.
These photos notice me that skaters perform beautifully over fighting against gravity.

Anyway, I really hope Miki won't see it.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:45 am

yuki wrote:
YES, I have no patience for choosing such a photo to get attention. Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated

However, I have another feeling at the same time whenever I see such photos.
They are doing sports. Of course the looks are ugly but touching.
These photos notice me that skaters perform beautifully over fighting against gravity.

Anyway, I really hope Miki won't see it.

I agree that it's just natural for skaters to look bad during their performances, and those photos sometimes make us realize better how hard it is for them to do their spins and jumps.

What I hate more are those pictures of ladies falls in jumps. Some of them are taken from truely embarrasing angles, and I think Miki has been a victim of such more than anyone. IMO compared to those photos, this nose drooling thing isn't much. Miki's strong now so she'll probably laugh over the matter.

I think Miki should be credited for not sniffing her nose anymore during her performances anyway, just like Mirai let her nose bleed and didn't care less and went on performing her best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:52 pm

At least they didn't pick on Mao! I know that "jumping face" she often has (even when the tv isn't paused, because I know her skating so well. lol), and I'm glad they didn't get a pic of that! Some of those pics were funny, but it's kind of cruel in a way... They're going very fast, and contorting their bodies. When you freeze a moment, it's almost too easy to get a very unflattering face. Even more so than when you pause your tv on a normal show (which also isn't very hard...).[/i]
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

Funny Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Pictures   Funny Pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny Pictures
Page 1 of 1