Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:

Go down 
+12
freesia
roma
Oscilla
MaoMaoRevolution
chineseteacup
ddmm
bibi
Batsuchan
illani
coconut
MikiAndoFan#1
Star85
16 posters

If Mao were to become a pairs skater, her partner should be:
Patrick Chan
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap0%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Evgeni Plushenko
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap18%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
Daisuke Takahashi
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap8%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Nobunari Oda
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap0%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Jeffery Buttle
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap33%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 33% [ 16 ]
Jeremy Abbott
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap2%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Takahiko Kozuka
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap33%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 33% [ 16 ]
Evan Lysacek
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap2%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Brian Joubert
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_lcap4%If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Empty
PostSubject: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 pm

I felt like coming up with a fun poll Smile. I only included singles skaters, and not guys who are already pairs skaters, cause those guys would be the obvious best choices. They are already experienced in pairs skating, and the singles guys wouldn't compare at all.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:24 pm

My vote goes to Takahiko!

Mushy Love

But he would be afraid to throw Mao, so that she wouldn't get hurt!

Razz

But they would be a perfect couple, in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Oh, this is a fun topic!
I love Takachan for this but he isn't tall enough to make a pair with Mao so I guess I choose Jeff! I just love all of Jeff/Mao performances from The Ice. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 pm

I chose Jeff, cause I think they really enjoy skating together, and have great chemistry together on the ice. Plus, I love how he looks at her like he's in love with her Wub
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Takahiko would be okay if this was a question about ice dancing instead of pairs, so height would make less of a difference... Laugh

But I guess I'd choose Jeff too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm voting for Jeremy Abbott!! Thumbs up!

I gushed about this in the Boyfriend thread, but I think he's got the right height and body type, the lovely style, and the genuine-ness to match Mao. Plus he's kind of goofy, so I think that would make Mao feel comfortable. Very Happy

If it were ice dancing, though, I'd probably pick Taka-chan. The Japanese ice dance announcers said, "Kozuka said he'd do ice dance next time. With Mao-chan."

(Here's a vid with that quote; it's been edited onto a video from the 2008 GPF finale.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bQAdDdehg

I'm still waiting for that to happen!!!! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
I'm voting for Jeremy Abbott!! Thumbs up!

I gushed about this in the Boyfriend thread, but I think he's got the right height and body type, the lovely style, and the genuine-ness to match Mao. Plus he's kind of goofy, so I think that would make Mao feel comfortable. Very Happy

If it were ice dancing, though, I'd probably pick Taka-chan. The Japanese ice dance announcers said, "Kozuka said he'd do ice dance next time. With Mao-chan."

(Here's a vid with that quote; it's been edited onto a video from the 2008 GPF finale.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bQAdDdehg

I'm still waiting for that to happen!!!! Too sweet!

Maybe they could ice dance together at THE ICE next summer Smile !! ahaha
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm

I suddenly realize that maybe we should include Armin on the lists! Razz
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:52 am

Brijou or PLushy !!!!!!! they look strong enough to throw Mao in the air for her to do more than a quad!!!! yay!!!!

Taka or Daisuke are not gentlemen enough! (but love them!).
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 am

As much as I love Plushenko and think he's the coolest male skater on the ice, I'm just not sure how well he and Mao would pair up. He looks so strong - I mean, can anyone imagine him throwing Mao into the air?! WOW!

So, my choice is...

JEFFREY!!! Because they're oh-so-cute together in those Disney numbers. And because he wrote 'I (heart) MAO' on his arm. And because watching Mao's reaction to that kiss still makes me lol!.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:29 am

chineseteacup wrote:
As much as I love Plushenko and think he's the coolest male skater on the ice, I'm just not sure how well he and Mao would pair up. He looks so strong - I mean, can anyone imagine him throwing Mao into the air?! WOW!

I voted for Plushenko...but when you put it that way... xD
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:47 am

A few seasons ago, I'd say Nobunari - they have a similar body build and very long legs for a Japanese, soft skating style, flexibility and extension. Their side-by-side 3As, spirals, spreadeagles, spins (pancake with hands over back, upright with attitude, twisted sit spin, back and forward scratch, laybacks) would rock.

Sadly, on the recent photos Mao looks taller than Nobu, so unless Mao was the one to do the lifts and throws, I don't think it would work. Sweatdrop

As a consolation: a clip with Nobu & Yukari doing a spiral and a throw 2S:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQVr1DvzEI

I re-uploaded it, because silly YT deleted the original clip. Most of my favorites is gone. Luckily I started downloading clips off YT some time ago (Firefox+DownloadHelper), but still, there are some clips that I forgot to save and now they are no more. Sad

So my vote goes to Jeff Buttle - except I'd prefer them to skate in ice dance instead of pairs. I just don't think even Jeff is buff enough to handle throws and twists. Ice dance lifts would be challenging enough. Smile They both have excellent edges in their step sequences and great chemistry. I love Mao's mini-programs with Jeff - her skating was at her most "Mao-like" back then. Wub
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:54 am

Jeff and Taka-chan are pretty good choices for Mao. But I really want Mao to skate with Dai!!! Dai is too short for pairs program, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:23 pm

coconut wrote:
I suddenly realize that maybe we should include Armin on the lists! Razz

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about him Whirly ! Well, there's always the "other" choice...

I figured there would be a lot of comments about ice dancing on here too. I almost made the poll for ice dancing instead, cause I actually think that Mao would make a better ice dancer than pairs skater. But then I thought, "well I don't even follow ice dancing, so I wouldn't really know which ice dancers to put on the list. So I'll just make it about pairs instead". But in the end, it wouldn't have really mattered anyway, cause I decided to only include singles skaters... Panic!

Maybe I will make another one for ice dancing. Or maybe someone else wants to?...
Back to top Go down
freesia

freesia

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

hi. this is my second post! i like fun topic Very Happy
i voted for takahiko
but i just wonder jeff is taller than taka?
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 pm

well, i voted for jeffery buttle, because there is so much chemistry when they skate.

but i´m happy seeing her skating and she can do it well with any one of them. Cool
Back to top Go down
sky

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:21 am

Jeffery Buttle and Mao.

Prince and princess.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I voted for pluschenko, I don't no why but they when mao and and pluschenko take the ice everything seems to sparkle around them

they also have many things in common like how they like to challenge themselves to become THE BEST and both are aiming for gold in sochi heeh Smile
Back to top Go down
Kesho:]

Kesho:]

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:48 am

Takahiko Kozuka Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://foro.thelsalvador.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:   If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Mao became a pairs skater, her partner should be:
Page 1 of 1