Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who are your favourite singers?

Go down 
+9
imantrybes
tilitom
Star85
polosatik
illani
clovera
bellarina
MaoMaoRevolution
MikiAndoFan#1
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Who are your favourite singers? Empty
PostSubject: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:41 pm

I had nothing to do, so I decided to create a new thread!

Razz

So, who are your favourite singers or bands? Mine are Utada Hikaru and Lady Gaga!

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:21 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

So, who are your favourite singers or bands? Mine are Utada Hikaru and Lady Gaga!

Many Hearts

Wow...me too!!! Actually, I just need to add Billy Joel and Enya to that list and it's complete Hell, no! ~~!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

My favorite is David Archuleta. He's actually like Mao in some ways...they both are unmatched when it comes to the artistry, beauty, and musicality they have with ballads/slower songs, they both are very sweet and modest, they both got second place but should've won IMO, etc. What's interesting is that what really got David into music in the first place was hearing Eva Cassidy's Fields of Gold when he saw Michelle Kwan perform her exhibition at the Olympics.

He's done some absolutely beautiful ballads but here's what he's probably best known for- he did a cover of Imagine by John Lennon when he was on American Idol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bXg7EIatPY
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Hikaru...good choice! Thumbs up! I'll also add Ringo Shiina, Amy Lee (of Evanescence) and Björk to that list. I love you
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Loreena McKennitt is my favorite at the moment. I also like Simon & Garfunkel (yes, I got my taste in music from my mother Razz).
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:59 am

clovera wrote:
Hikaru...good choice! Thumbs up!

Too sweet!

I just can't get enough of her! Her voice, her songs!

Swoon

I even know the song Heart Station almost by heart!

lol!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 am

clovera wrote:
Hikaru...good choice! Thumbs up! I'll also add Ringo Shiina, Amy Lee (of Evanescence) and Björk to that list. I love you
I love Björk and Amy! cheers From the past I love Carl Anderson, Ted Neeley. Both of them were in Jesus Christ Superstar rock opera Love My favorite singer is Serj Tankian. Also Freddie Mercury, Gackt, Kim Yoon ah, Petr Nalitch.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:38 pm

For me (Vocally. Not particulary song-wise, or performance wise), it's the divas, and the singer's singers: Mariah, Whitney, and Celine have always been my top faves. Especially Mariah. lol. I also really like Leeann Rimes, Christina Aguilera, and Gretchen Wilson off the top of my head. Also, whenever I hear singers from like, 50 years ago, they rarely fail to amaze me at how great they were. Vocally, hardly anyone today really matches them. Singers like Judy Garland, Nat King Cole, Barbara Strizand, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:14 am

i love italian singers!!! i'd marry andrea bocelli if i could...sigh... that voice...i used to listen to his duet with haleigh westenra (vivo per lei) so many times daily...someday i wanna see mao skate to that song ;-)

i'm loving this old english band (60's) too...they're called Procol Harum and their song "a whiter shade of pale" to me is the most mysterious song of all time. it leaves me wanting to be a mermaid...sigh

i don't have the links but pls check them out on YT if you can guys!!!and tell me whatchoothink!!!!
Back to top Go down
imantrybes

imantrybes

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:08 am

tilitom wrote:
i love italian singers!!! i'd marry andrea bocelli if i could...sigh... that voice...i used to listen to his duet with haleigh westenra (vivo per lei) so many times daily...someday i wanna see mao skate to that song ;-)
oh, have you seen this year's world championships finale then? It was choreographed to Vivo Per Lei and I think it was one of the better finales I've seen. 
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:16 am

Freddie Mercury and Janis Joplin! Worship
Back to top Go down
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sofia

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:53 am

Jovanotti! But I think he's known just in Italy... he doesn't have a big voice, but the texts he writes are wonderful.

Boogie
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 pm

imantrybes wrote:
tilitom wrote:
oh, have you seen this year's world championships finale then? It was choreographed to Vivo Per Lei and I think it was one of the better finales I've seen. 

really????!!!! wow thanks for the tip! no, i haven't seen it yet. in fact i haven't seen any of the recent finale/exhibition vids. right now i'm checking out mao's old sp and lp vids with the judges detailed scoresheets in hand, trying to understand goe's and stuff. i didn't think all those numbers would be interesting but now i'm actually addicted!

see ya around imantrybes!!

long live mao!!! Worship
Back to top Go down
ds333

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 pm

My favourite singer is Lenka, an Australian singer. Her gently voice is so beautiful and i love her songs too. Those lyrics are very cute and soft.

JeneenMao

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:39 am

Mika Nakashima! I love her voice; it's unique and has depth which is quite rare among Jpop singers. She is also elegant and classy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favourite singers?   Who are your favourite singers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who are your favourite singers?
Page 1 of 1