Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The tragedy in Smolensk

Go down 
+9
illani
alyssa
bellarina
Batsuchan
roma
kawaiimao
imantrybes
kaarolcia
Oscilla
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

The tragedy in Smolensk Empty
PostSubject: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:32 am

With great shock I learned that a Polish airplane carrying the most important politicians and people connected to Polish sport and Church crashed near Smolensk. According to the current press release no one has survived. pale

Among the victims was Lech Kaczynski, the president of Poland, his wife, Maria, the president of Polish Olympic Committee Piotr Nurowski, General Franciszek Gągor and many others.

The press isn't unanimous on how many passengers there were on the plane - some say that 88 people died, some that 132. Regardless of the number, it was a great tragedy.

My prayers are with the victims and their families. [*]
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:51 am

I am in shock... pale

[*]
Back to top Go down
imantrybes

imantrybes

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:07 am

This is so so sad.. Truly a national tragedy. Such terrible things shouldn't happen to anyone. No
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:34 am

I've just read about it a few minutes ago. Absolutely shocking...
My prayers are with everyone affected by this tragedy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 am

OMG! I feel so bad about what happened to the Polish leaders who died in that horrible plane crash. My condolences to the Polish people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:54 am

I just read about this...unbelievable!!! The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_pale
(And immediately I thought of the people on this forum...)

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by this...
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 am

Such a horrible tragedy... my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims and all of Poland.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 pm

My goodness! So many countries being hit by tragedies recently... =/

My condolences to their families and Polish people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh my, so horrible... Sad My thoughts and condolences to the families of those lost, and everyone in Poland.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:28 am

My thoughts and condolences to the victims, their families, and friends of the crash. Sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 am

Sad That's terrible. All Polish leaders were in one plane crush, how can it be possible?My thoughts and prayers go out to the all Polish people.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:37 am

I am still so shocked. pale

So many people important for the country have died - not just the political leaders, but basically all the military leaders, Church officials, people from the financial sector, people connected to the sport...

It's a great tragedy, because people close to them can't even grieve in peace, but have to quickly think about replacing them in order to not let the country fall into chaos. That can't be easy.

My prayers are with the victims and their friends and families. [*]

polosatik wrote:
All Polish leaders were in one plane crush, how can it be possible?

That was definitely a huge mistake and possibly a breach of the military protocol. Not to mention the plane was very much outdated - it's been in constant use for at least 20 years, from what I can remember from TV.

It was a big mistake, but we also have to look at things from the perspective of the political reality in Poland. A few years ago our Government was accused of embezzling money and buying luxurious cars, etc. for themselves. Although the people connected to the scandal are not involved in politics anymore, our current government is still under scrutiny from the media and they try to save money everywhere they can, sometimes in ways that can be possibly dangerous. I'm pretty sure that had the government bought new planes, they would be attacked by the media for "wasting the taxpayers' money". This wasn't even the first time an outdated plane with political leaders has crashed - not so long ago Leszek Miller (our former Prime Minister) was in a plane crash as well, although luckily he has survived.

I hope this tragedy will be a reminder why it's worth to invest money to secure people's safety. pale
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:48 am

Thank you for the insight, inskate.

Sad The families and people of Poland are in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The tragedy in Smolensk   The tragedy in Smolensk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The tragedy in Smolensk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Miscellaneous :: General Chat-
Jump to: