Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yeah Johnny!

Go down 
+11
clovera
Dani-Chan
Figure_skating_love
kitkat00
darlingdaydream
PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
chineseteacup
bellarina
Star85
alyssa
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey huys, take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGdNmAsQ1A

You deserved it, Evan!

Edit: The whole interview with Evan can be read here:
http://indianapolis.metromix.com/events/article/q-and-a-with/1911540/content

Last edited by alyssa on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I like them both!... Even though sometimes Evan says some under the belt things about Johnny...Evan is like Mr. Conservative, and Johnny is Mr. Liberal. They obviously have completely different views, and Evan must be one of those people who is not very accepting of gays. God, just about every word that comes out of Evan's mouth is so damn politically correct! That's the thing I like least about him!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:29 pm

But I think what he said didn't concern Johnny as gay, but as a person, I mean, he implied J. only wanted to make money, and also said J. wasn't good enough to join the cast. No
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, I thought Evan's comments about Johnny were WAY out of line. Not only has Johnny gotten better results than a lot of the cast, but Johnny was never invited even when he was the national champion! And what was up with Evan's comment about the scoring system!? He seemed to imply that because the new scoring system "can't be manipulated" (yeah, okay, Mr. I-Squeezed-Out-Every-Single-Point-I-Could), Plushenko lost, meaning Plushenko only won in the past because he manipulated the old scoring system. Seriously!? I hope Evan's comments were severely edited or taken extremely out of context or twisted around, because they were pretty horrible IMO.

Last edited by bellarina on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:39 pm

But I think a lot of the negative (yet so polite! lol) things that Evan says about Johnny all boil down to him being gay - and his homosexual demeanor. I mean, we all know that's the real reason stars on ice said Johnny wasn't "family friendly" enough for the show...
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Star85 wrote:
But I think a lot of the negative (yet so polite! lol) things that Evan says about Johnny all boil down to him being gay - and his homosexual demeanor. I mean, we all know that's the real reason stars on ice said Johnny wasn't "family friendly" enough for the show...

Exactly. Evan tried to mend it, but just made it worse. No
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 pm

I feel that Evan's comments are becoming too mean and too caustic, even if there have been an ongoing rivalry between him and Johnny. To suggest that Johnny's primarily doing it for the money - it's demeaning, it's bad sportsmanship and it's just downright rude.

Johnny entertains the audience. I love watching Johnny's exhibition pieces (especially the one to 'Poker Face') because he looks like he's having so much fun on the ice, which makes me smile. It doesn't matter what his motivations are for performing in these shows. He's bringing happiness to the audience and, for that, he is entirely deserving of being invited to shows.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 am

I love Johnny Weir. I admire him as a skater but most of all as a person. This guy's clever. Look at out he can keep his cool at all time. And what an entertainer !
Love ya Johnny !!!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

ddmm wrote:
I love Johnny Weir. I admire him as a skater but most of all as a person. This guy's clever. Look at out he can keep his cool at all time. And what an entertainer !
Love ya Johnny !!!

Me too! Who can not love Johnny!?
I think he's been really badly treated by the judges and some commentators all along, but the way he deals with those matters are so classy, funny, and very mature. The only thing I can't understand about him is his obsession with Vitton stuff, but otherwise...he's truely a great guy! Yep!

As for Evan...I finally got a look at the video alyssa introduced to us...I'm really a bit shocked. He seemed like a nice guy, but those comments on Johnny is unbelievable. If he had been Japanese and had said those things here, he would've been bashed to death. I think he's kind of jealous about Johnny, cause...Evan can skate well, has an OGM and everything, but alot of people seem to adore Johnny's personality much more. Yep, Sadly

But I quite liked how this program spotlighted the Johnny vs Evan issue in the open. Japanese tv shows always try to hide stuff like that pretending they never happened. They always try so hard to make us think that all athletes admire eachother and are very good friends, which is sometimes way too hypocritical, I find it annoying. Don't know if they think it's the mature thing to do, or if they just want to avoid trouble, but that's surely one of the reasons most of our talk shows are boring, and I find myself spending more time in front of my PC than my TV. They never talk about stuff everyone really wants to know about.

Like...you have Fumie on some show saying 'Mao should go back to basics and try to skate more neatly', right after Mao won silver in Olys and gold in Worlds, and probably everyone who was watching it was saying 'What the...!?', but the host pretends like she said nothing and just goes on to the next topic! It would've been nice if he asked her why she thinks so, maybe stating a thing or two about the fact Fumie couldn't even make it to the Olys or Worlds, and if Fumie could've answered in a Johnny like manner (sarcastic a little but funny), maybe she wouldn't have been bashed on the net like crazy after that program was aired. Being polite is a common virtue amongst us, but ignoring things quite clearly frustrates viewers, resulting into luring them taking things too seriously sometimes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:57 am

I forgot to say that I like the way he sits on the couch, his shoes and hair stuff and how he looks at the camera. It's always fun where Johnny is.

And Evan.... Frustrated Very Mad
Back to top Go down
darlingdaydream

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:02 am

johnny>evan
evgeny>evan
jeremy>evan (oh, jeremy, your skating is so beautiful!)

evan has a fantastic personality and i admire his athleticism but what gets me is when he talks about johnny... and god knows how much love i have for johnny (i can't wait until season 2 of be good johnny weir!). well, to be fair, i guess johnny said some things about evan that would make evan's fans disappointed, but i absolutely love how flamboyant and funny he approaches the rivalry situation. i think that johnny's personality is the reason why it seems like he has more fans than evan does. evan is polite and well mannered (except when he talks about johnny! that slore!) but johnny has color and drama that makes him much more exciting and interesting.

in the end of the day, i think that johnny has discovered the secret to happiness. just be yourself and love yourself for who you are. that's what i love the most about him.

you go johnny! you don't need stars on ice! stars on ice needs you!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 am

Here's a silly question: can someone tell me what exactly does 'slore' means ? I know it's not a good word but just curious..
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:13 am

I heard it's slut + whore.
But I'm not sure. Can anyone who has further knowledge on insults help us? Razz
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:54 am

Who can not love Johnny? I can not love Johnny! Twisted Evil

I kind of liked him for a while but I was not at all happy with him after the Olympics when he started saying he was robbed of a medal. I thought that was hugely disrespectful to the guys who did win, I might not like Evan that much but I do like Daisuke and I like to think he earned the medal tyvm Johnny. I also think he's said somewhat rude things about Jeremy, on Be Good Johnny Weir he talked about how Jeremy was a judges darling which insinuates that he wins just because the judges like him, not because of his talent. I think those are just as bad as Evan saying Johnny isn't the best of the best. Johnny always likes to blame other people for his failures when he really has no one to blame for them but himself, so I think Evan was right when he says he's a whiner. He used to be a great skater but he's not what he used to be.

Also I think he did use the Stars on Ice thing to gain attention for himself. If he was asked to be on it he probably would have said no or asked for too much money anyway. Which is pretty rotten when you think about it. I mean most of the skaters on SOI really have no other way to support themselves and they really need it, it's not doing that well and could go out of business at anytime and in order to get more attention for himself Johnny did a press tour which could make even less people go and see the tour this year. I wouldn't blame the skaters on SOI for being mad at him! I wouldn't be surprised if Evan said how the other skaters on the tour feel.

lol! I went on a rant. I actually don't hate Johnny at all but the more I think about it the more I think of things he's done recently to make me mad.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:56 pm

kitkat00 wrote:

I kind of liked him for a while but I was not at all happy with him after the Olympics when he started saying he was robbed of a medal. I thought that was hugely disrespectful to the guys who did win, I might not like Evan that much but I do like Daisuke and I like to think he earned the medal tyvm Johnny. I also think he's said somewhat rude things about Jeremy, on Be Good Johnny Weir he talked about how Jeremy was a judges darling which insinuates that he wins just because the judges like him, not because of his talent. I think those are just as bad as Evan saying Johnny isn't the best of the best. Johnny always likes to blame other people for his failures when he really has no one to blame for them but himself, so I think Evan was right when he says he's a whiner. He used to be a great skater but he's not what he used to be.

Also I think he did use the Stars on Ice thing to gain attention for himself. If he was asked to be on it he probably would have said no or asked for too much money anyway. Which is pretty rotten when you think about it. I mean most of the skaters on SOI really have no other way to support themselves and they really need it, it's not doing that well and could go out of business at anytime and in order to get more attention for himself Johnny did a press tour which could make even less people go and see the tour this year. I wouldn't blame the skaters on SOI for being mad at him! I wouldn't be surprised if Evan said how the other skaters on the tour feel.

lol! I went on a rant. I actually don't hate Johnny at all but the more I think about it the more I think of things he's done recently to make me mad.

Yes, neither one of them are saints, and I do believe that Evan gets harsher criticism for anything negative he says towards Johnny rather than the other way around, but like I said before: I do like them both.

But when did Johnny say that he was robbed a medal at the Olympics? I'm not trying to say that I think you're just making it up. I just don't remember that, and it makes me curious scratch
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:31 pm

kitkat00 wrote:

Actually if i remember correctly Johnny didn't seem to care much about any of those things scratch
He didn't really seem to care about not medaling, his fans made all the fuss for him, and if I remember correctly he didn't really have a reply to not making it to SOI, once again the press made all the noise for him. He seemed like he understood why SOI said he wasn't child friendly. It was everyone else who said the reason was that he was "to gay for figure skating."
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:46 pm

You guys must not be reading any of Johnny's interviews then Razz

Here is the most recent example I remember from here:
Quote :
Because of politics I wasn't an Olympic medalist so there's a lot that I have to talk about.
Oh because of politics Johnny, really? No other reason?

In almost every single interview I've seen with him from after the Olympics ended he talks about how he didn't get a medal because of politics. After 7:30 here is what he's been saying.

Obviously there is politics that goes in to judging and judges aren't completely honest all the time but that's cr*p, if it were like that then would there have been two Asians on the podium in ladies? Two Chinese teams on the pairs podium? Two American teams on on the ice dance podium Johnny needs to come up with a better story.

As for that not family friendly thing with SOI, yet another story. As far as I've been able to tell Johnny was never told that, from what I've seen it was something made up by his fans that got to his agent. In the end Johnny did admit that he had no clue where the "Not family friendly." thing came from. No one called him on it because no one cared and at that point everyone believed it to be the truth plus Johnny got some good press out of it and that's all that mattered.

I feel like I'm being so mean to Johnny! But really it's because I care about him, if I didn't I wouldn't be able to be so mean Laugh
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah, since this concerned my dear Dai, of course I hated that!
But I'm sure Johnny knows he didn't deserve that medal. The best he could've gotten in Vancouver was to be ahead of Patrick and participate in the gala.
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes, it's because of Daisuke that I got upset the most. I agree, I think that the being robbed of a medal thing is just sort of a tagline he's using to attract attention because less people would care if he was saying he was robbed of 4th or 5th place. It just bothers me that there are a lot of people who listen to that and believe him and think that Daisuke shouldn't have been on the podium because he fell Sad

Anyway I'm really looking forward to Johnnys book! But every time he opens his mouth I get more and more worried about what it's going to be like Razz
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Geez, kitkat...I never knew the US guys were so in bad terms with eachother. Kinda sad...and Johnny does seem to have an attitude more or less like Evan etc....*sigh* Depressed Crying

Guess I didn't know much about it cause they never have articles on those things in Japan. Even if they knew, our media wouldn't mention it. Except for tabloids that is, but they're all caught up with Mao and Yuna. Neutral

Well I have to say...I'm glad our boys seem fine with eachother! You'd never hear any of them speaking ill of other skaters for sure. So that's probably why everyone here seems to like Dai, Takahiko and the others alot. And I am sure proud they are like that!

cheers cheers cheers

edit: But I still enjoy reading about what the US guys have been saying about eachother...just a bit! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:51 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
edit: But I still enjoy reading about what the US guys have been saying about eachother...just a bit! Hell, no!

Who doesn't? ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:27 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
Yes, it's because of Daisuke that I got upset the most. I agree, I think that the being robbed of a medal thing is just sort of a tagline he's using to attract attention because less people would care if he was saying he was robbed of 4th or 5th place. It just bothers me that there are a lot of people who listen to that and believe him and think that Daisuke shouldn't have been on the podium because he fell Sad

Anyway I'm really looking forward to Johnnys book! But every time he opens his mouth I get more and more worried about what it's going to be like Razz

Although being robbed of a medal is going a little far i will say that it was my honest belief that Johnny's program was good enough to have landed him at least 4th, that much he could argue at least half way validly
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Just found out Johnny will be skipping next season Sad. He wants to concentrate on all his other projects, including a singing career (?!). I didn't even know he could sing!

Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Star85 wrote:
Just found out Johnny will be skipping next season Sad. He wants to concentrate on all his other projects, including a singing career (?!). I didn't even know he could sing!

No offense to Johnny..he can skate, but he can't sing at all. The NBC Olympics page posted this video of him singing karaoke and it was pretty terrible. But it's not like talent really matters in the music industry these days anyway Sad

Which I guess is my (really mean..oops) way of saying I'd hoped Johnny would continue skating.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:49 pm

bellarina wrote:
Star85 wrote:

No offense to Johnny..he can skate, but he can't sing at all. The NBC Olympics page posted this video of him singing karaoke and it was pretty terrible. But it's not like talent really matters in the music industry these days anyway Sad

Which I guess is my (really mean..oops) way of saying I'd hoped Johnny would continue skating.

It seems his song is called "Dirty Love"

Who, me? Who, me? Who, me? Escape Escape
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yeah Johnny! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah Johnny!   Yeah Johnny! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeah Johnny!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next