Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did anyone else know this was going on?...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Did anyone else know this was going on?... Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone else know this was going on?...   Did anyone else know this was going on?... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 am

Ok, I came across something today that surprised me. Did anyone else know about the "Gay Games"? It's like olympics for gay people, and they have pairs skating. I don't have anything against gay people. I've even had gay friends. But I've never been very comfortable watching them kiss. I feel about that comfortable watching them skate together... pale

Anyway, here is an article, and a pic of two guys in leotards doing a lift:
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/7091183.html

And here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ex5rFU6pMI

(sorry if anyone thinks thinks is an inappropriate, or lame thread! It's the off season. There's not a whole lot to talk about at the moment!...)

Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know this was going on?...   Did anyone else know this was going on?... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:16 pm

I don't believe that this is a lame thread Star85

Although I have nothing against gay people just as you said i do understand why it may make you feel a little uncomfortable. I don't know if its because its something that we're not used to, but something about it doesn't sit right with me.
I don't think it's "wrong" per-say but it's definitely not something i'm into. It is however great that gay people can have their own outlet without being criticized
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know this was going on?...   Did anyone else know this was going on?... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Wow, this is really interesting...I've never heard or seen it before!
I think it's a good thing to have for those who want to participate, but it makes me wonder how it's judged. It has jumps and side-by-side spins like pairs, but it seems it would be difficult for a male-male pair of similar weight and stature to do any "pairs" lifts above the head.
I wonder... Whirly
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know this was going on?...   Did anyone else know this was going on?... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:27 am

I'm not really bothered, some programs can be really fun. Obviously the level of skating is a little lower than in the ISU-regulated competitions, but the programs are sometimes more original and the audiences are very supportive. Smile
One thing I find weird-ish is that some of the competitions seem to take place in the 'gala' spotlights, or with skaters using music with vocals - I find it rather distracting. But that might be just me - in a lot of figure skating movies (On the Edge, Ice Princess, Blades of Glory) the skaters who were supposed to compete at Worlds/Olympics skated to music with vocals and with lightning effects... Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know this was going on?...   Did anyone else know this was going on?... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did anyone else know this was going on?...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: