Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Montage of 'Ballade'

Go down 
+4
Ken Himura
aoi88
alyssa
PochinkoPotanko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Montage of 'Ballade' Empty
PostSubject: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:36 am

I finished making a montage video of Mao's 'Ballade'. Actually, it was mostly finished a few months ago, but I was waiting for her to skate a perfect version of it, without her skirt covering her head when she does her charlotte spiral... Sweatdrop Mao did perform this pro without the skirt problem in 'The ICE' show, but the lighting and the camera didn't fit the decorations I had ready for the montage, so I decided to stick to the performance I based it on at first. I made the footage a little blurry on purpose to sort of make it look illusional. Hope you like it. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA7n5H0W_HE
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Wow! WOW!
Wonderful, Pochi. Actually, I like it better than the original music. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Hauntingly beautiful. Love it. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Really nice, thank you Pochi Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 am

Thank you, Pochi. I love the artworks floating like a butterfly in the background.
The music reminds me of Japanese anime such as "Space Pirate Captain Herlock" or "Galaxy Express 999".
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:33 am

I'm glad you liked it guys, thanks for watching! Very Happy
To be honest, though I like 'Ballade', I think the music I chose fits this pro better...btw, I know what you mean yuki about the resemblance to the Reiji Matsumoto anime music. We heard lots of women singing 'Aaaaah~' in those animes didn't we? Laugh

But actually...this music is from a horror movie! affraid
It's the ending theme from Dario Argento's 'Opera'. For those of you who do not know him, he is like the king of Italian horror films. Frankly speaking, though most of his films are crappy, they are very scary, and for some reason...the music is usually freaking great! This theme composed by Claude Simonetti was not included in the original soundtrack album, because Argento got into a terrible fight with Simonetti right after the film was finished. But I loved this theme so much, I searched for it for years and finally found a CD with all of Argento's film music in it which had it. The music is actually a bit faster than it is in the montage. I had to have it played slower to fit the lenght of the pro. Wink
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:15 am

Sorry I missed this Potato! Well anyway, amazing job as I always! Watching your videos and montages always puts a smile on my face. Smile
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 am

Wonderful montage Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:57 am

Wooooooooooooooow! That was soooo beautiful! Shocked affraid Love Many Hearts Thank you for sharing Pochi~!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 am

klarification, europeanfan, polosatik, thank you all so much for watching my video. Smile

I'm hoping Mao will be able to deliver a good performance for her SP and FP this season by the end, so I can create something with those pros too. Her skating inspires my imagination so much, that I always have an idea or two in my mind for some new video to make based on her pros. Not all of it works out, but I find it fascinating that most of the music I choose fit her moves. It's like she's always expressing something even when she's just skating around, so her moves will fit either the melody or the rythm. It's really fun to change the music into something completely different and find out it fits, which can make you realise some aspects of what's in the pro which you didn't notice with the original music. Once I started making these montages, I got to understaned how deep Mao's skating is much more than before. Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Montage of 'Ballade'   Montage of 'Ballade' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Montage of 'Ballade'
Page 1 of 1