Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH

Go down 
+6
klarification
aoi88
kaarolcia
roma
ddmm
PochinkoPotanko
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Empty
PostSubject: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:46 am

Did you all know that Armin M. who made 4th place in men's SP at SA, was a huge Mao fan?
I think he's 'MrNimra' on Youtube, and he's loaded lots of vids of himself playing the piano, dedicating the music to Mao.
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrNimra
He even mastered Fantasie Impromptu for Mao's sake! Shocked
Wow! He's definitely one of us! Thumbs up!
I wouldn't even be surprised if he was already amongst us... scratch

Here's his SP at SA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKJIALjMOA
We've already seen some interesting positions for spins this season, but you haven't seen it all until you see him in this pro. Good music and fun choreo, too. Plus, he looks very cute! Swoon

Good luck in FP, too! Cheering

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 am

Yes, Pochipota, I knew Armin is a BIG Mao fan. And I have him in my friends list in YouTube. He's a good skater but also a good pianist. And yes, he's so dedicated to Mao, has good personality and he's VERY CUTE (how could we have forgotten him when we discussed about who's cute and who we want to marry? hehe).

I love his SP, he looks to be in good shape and I'm looking forward to his FP. I hope he can medal at SA.

I also wonder if Mao knows about his dedication towards her ??
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 am

Yeah... and this is how he listed his favorite skaters on his website:

Quote :

Favorite Skaters: Mao Asada (call me!), Evan Lysacek, Johnny Weir, Daisuke Takahashi

Hehe... he really highlighted Mao. I wonder how he'll feel if he gets to skate in a show with Mao.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:24 am

I remember there was a video on YouTube with Armin cheering for Mao in the stands while she skated. it was so cute! About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH 95568
I hope he does well today in the LP! About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH 23732
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:35 am

kaarolcia wrote:
I remember there was a video on YouTube with Armin cheering for Mao in the stands while she skated. it was so cute! About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH 95568

Is it this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--lj4Bkc3oM&feature=related The camera seems to be focused on someone who looks like Armin in the stands. This video is interesting because you get to see the reactions of people in the stands while the skater skates. cat
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 am

aoi88 wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:

Is it this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--lj4Bkc3oM&feature=related The camera seems to be focused on someone who looks like Armin in the stands. This video is interesting because you get to see the reactions of people in the stands while the skater skates. cat
Yes, that's the one I was talking about. Armin's reaction when Mao fell show how nervous he must have been when she skated. Just like we usually are during Mao's competitions Razz He is one of us (true Mao fans), that's for sure About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH 92512
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:50 am

kaarolcia wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. Armin's reaction when Mao fell show how nervous he must have been when she skated. Just like we usually are during Mao's competitions Razz He is one of us (true Mao fans), that's for sure About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH 92512

And you can also see him trying to give Mao a flower bouquet after her performance (and not throwing it like others do). He stood up and waved but Mao didn't see it. It's so cute !
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 am

ddmm wrote:
Yes, Pochipota, I knew Armin is a BIG Mao fan. And I have him in my friends list in YouTube. He's a good skater but also a good pianist. And yes, he's so dedicated to Mao, has good personality and he's VERY CUTE (how could we have forgotten him when we discussed about who's cute and who we want to marry? hehe).

YEAH! He's cute, he loves Mao, he can skate and play the piano...which well proves how rich his parents must be to have been able to give him such learning opportunities! I want to marry him for sure! Twisted Evil

Anyway...yes, the GPF 2008 video! Someone wrote 'Armin's pure feelings for Mao...' something, and I was wondering at first who this Armin person is. Later I found out he's the pianist guy. But somehow I never connected him with MAHBANOOZADEH. I mean, his surname has so much impact...I was only wondering how to pronounce it...and finally thought 'hey, isn't that the piano boy?' after seeing his performance in SA. Faint2

I hope that the commentator or the host for the Japanese broadcast would mention how much he likes Mao in tomorrow's show. I'm not sure if Mao knows he's a big fan of hers, but if they say it on air, she would definitely know once and for all. I hope he gets to meet her soon if not yet. He mastered Fantasie Impromptu just to play it for Mao...That's like somebody like me who uses U-Lead VideoStudio, mastering all the functions of Adobe Premire and Afterworks to make Mao a pro level montage...(I guess those who make montage vids are the only ones who'll understand what I'm saying!) Yep!

I'm going to pay more attention to his performances from now on...he has very soft flexible arm moves for a male skater, and has his unique style. But being in 4th after SP in GP series is big for him I think, so I hope he doesn't get too nervous in his FP. You can really see it in his eyes that he enjoys skating, just as Mao, so he should relax and try to have fun on the ice to perform his best. I think this will be the first time he'll be on air in Japan! Cheering
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 am

He is also pretty smart too. He got into Darmouth (one of the Ivy Leagues) but he deferred a year for his skating. cat
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm

I love how Armin is such a total fan like us! Well, I remember the time when bellarina and I planned to contact him and ask him if we can use his videos as part of the birthday project, but things got hectic and our plan didn't push through.

Anyway, he's a really nice guy and of course I'll be rooting for him to do well in his competitions!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Aw I love Armin and his love for Mao Very Happy That's right, klarification, I forgot about that! I forgot to tell you, klarification, but I actually sent him a message through his website asking for permission to use his videos. I asked him on twitter if that was the right way to contact him, and he replied (on twitter) that he reads all messages sent from his website, but he never got back to me about using his videos. Sad I don't blame him for it though - I'm not sure if he read the message, and the website's set up in a way that you leave your email address but it's not clear that he sees your email address when he gets the message..he might not have known where to send a reply.

If you guys want to follow him on twitter, his is www.twitter.com/armin_hammer. He gets lots of tweets from Mao fans and he's very sweet to all of them.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Congrats Armin for making the podium at SA! cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by PochinkoPotanko on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 pm

congratulations Armin, good job cheers Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:57 am

Congratulations Armin. cheers Cheering
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 am

Congratulation Armin !

Great performance.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Beautiful skate, Armin! cheers
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Congrats to Armin!! Yay!! He did so well. I LOVE his spread eagle RIGHT INTO a 3F. That must be so difficult.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Ontd skating did a cool tribute to Armin. http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_skating/892501.html

Apparently, he wants to get a phone call from Mao and he's already thinking of playing Liebestraum for her Wub
I think Taka-chan has some competition. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:45 pm

bellarina wrote:
Aw I love Armin and his love for Mao Very Happy That's right, klarification, I forgot about that! I forgot to tell you, klarification, but I actually sent him a message through his website asking for permission to use his videos. I asked him on twitter if that was the right way to contact him, and he replied (on twitter) that he reads all messages sent from his website, but he never got back to me about using his videos. Sad I don't blame him for it though - I'm not sure if he read the message, and the website's set up in a way that you leave your email address but it's not clear that he sees your email address when he gets the message..he might not have known where to send a reply.

That's too bad, bella! If we did get him, we might have indirectly introduced him to Mao! Well, like you said, we can't blame him. I'm sure he is a busy person! I read on his website that he is interested in wushu (Chinese martial arts) too! Shocked

aoi88 wrote:

Ontd skating did a cool tribute to Armin. http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_skating/892501.html

Apparently, he wants to get a phone call from Mao and he's already thinking of playing Liebestraum for her :Wub:
I think Taka-chan has some competition.

I'm not sure now whom I should root for! 20 year old Mao, you sure know how to attract talented and goodlooking men!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

klarification wrote:

I'm not sure now whom I should root for! 20 year old Mao, you sure know how to attract talented and goodlooking men!
lol! Couldn't have said it better. Very Happy

I really hope we get to see a video of Armin meeting Mao someday. (I don't think they've met yet?) His reaction will be priceless!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 pm

It really does seems like Mao attracts the attention of many male skaters. I mean there's her godfather Phillipe Candalerro. There's Plushenko who believes she's no.1. Yagudin seems pretty close to Mao too, at least from the pictures I have seen of them. There's her former training mate and ice show partner Jeff Buttle. There's her bro Daisuke, who wants to drink with her. Razz There's young Armin who clearly idolizes her. And last but not least, there's our dear Taka-chan, who secretly watches her from the sidelines. Btw, I'm still team Mao-Taka! flower
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:53 pm

bellarina wrote:
klarification wrote:

lol! Couldn't have said it better. Very Happy

I really hope we get to see a video of Armin meeting Mao someday. (I don't think they've met yet?) His reaction will be priceless!

I mean Armin is cute but i don't see him as love potential.. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:

I mean Armin is cute but i don't see him as love potential.. Love Hearts

Well, I love his dedication to her! I want a guy who can a dedicate a piano piece for me too! Sigh~ flower
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:16 pm

One of the commentators mentioned his piano tribute to Mao in the universals broadcast of his FS. flower

http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=207812a5-b83d-477a-bdae-a5b7d573c3e0.html#2010+skate+america+mahbanoozadeh+free (comment made around 1:50)
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH   About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About Armin MAHBANOOZADEH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: