Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Secret Santa preferences thread

Go down 
+8
kaarolcia
klarification
PochinkoPotanko
europeanfan
aoi88
clovera
bellarina
polosatik
12 posters
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Secret Santa preferences thread Empty
PostSubject: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am

So here all participants write their preferences Very Happy

example
Favorite songs:
Favorite musicians:
Favorite color:
Favorite Mao programs:
Favorite Mao pictures:
Favorite skaters(besides Mao):

If you want something to add, it's up to you, may be favorite TV shows or something. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Favorite songs: Imagine (David Archuleta cover), I'm Yours- Jason Mraz, Don't Stop Believing, Lean On Me, anything by Taylor Swift, Fields of Gold (Eva Cassidy cover), anything by Colbie Caillat, Lift Me Up- Kate Voegele, King Of Anything - Sara Bareilles, Defying Gravity - Wicked
Favorite musicians: David Archuleta, Kate Voegele, Taylor Swift, Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles, Jason Mraz, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Carrie Underwood
Favorite color: purple, blue
Favorite Mao programs: Oh man...I'll try NOT to list them all: Ballade, Clair de Lune, Caprice, Nocturne, Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra
Favorite Mao pictures: Don't really have any favorites - anything is fine.
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Mirai Nagasu, Taka-chan, Jeff Buttle, Stephane Lambiel, Plushy, the Shibutanis, Armin
Favorite TV shows: Chuck, Ugly Betty, West Wing, Glee, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Community, The Middle, Friends, Arrested Development..I've recently gotten into Boys Over Flowers (the Korean drama version), especially the Soeul couple (Kim Bum/Kim So Eun) hehehe.
Other favorites/things I'm really into right now: Harry Potter, basketball (love John Wall, LeBron James, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash), American politics (AL FRANKEN, Sherrod Brown, the Daily Show and Jon Stewart, the Colbert Report and Stephen Colbert), musicals, Pixar movies (Finding Nemo, Up, etc)

Okay, I tried to put lots of info so it'll be easier to come up with something... hope that's enough Smile

And I just realized filling this info out is also a good way to get to know other people on the forum better. Very Happy

Last edited by bellarina on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Favorite music genre: Rock, Electro/Synthpop, Noise, Jazz, Anison
Favorite musicians: Ringo Shiina/Tokyo Jihen, Utada, Perfume, Björk, MUTEMATH, 30 Seconds to Mars, Dead Poetic, New Medicine and a slew of other bands
Favorite color: Black, white/silver/gray, various shades of blue
Favorite Mao programs: (from the top 5 thread) - Claire de Lune, Caprice, My Girl, Ballade, Bells
Favorite Mao pictures: All of them?
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Generally speaking, most of the current top ladies and men+P/T, K/S, T/T, SuiHan, D/W, Shibz, I/K; Tara, Irina, Sasha, Ilia Kulik
Favorite TV shows: Desperate Housewives, Heroes, ANTM, Hell's Kitchen, Judge Judy (haha), several anime series I'll refrain from posting to save space
Favorite Films: I'll just pick 8 - Pan's Labyrinth, Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, Children of Men, Spirited Away (千と千尋の神隠し), Dancer in the Dark, Hotel Rwanda, Wall-E, Cloverfield
Favorite Video Games: Pokémon, puzzle games past and present (Puyo Puyo, Mr. Driller, Tetris, Puzzle Bobble etc.), JRPGS, online MMOs
Other Random Likes: Definitely Harry Potter, the Artemis Fowl series, skiing, fluffy animals, high fashion models with a pixie cut (Tao Okamoto, Cecilia Mendez, Aggy Deyn, Twiggy), pea coats, checkered clothes, ties, newsboy caps and berets

To sum it all up: NERD. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Favorite songs: Pop, Rock, R&B, Classical, Jazz. I can enjoy most genres.
Favorite musicians: L'arc en ciel, Ayumi Hamasaki, Shiina Ringo, Alicia Keys
Favorite composers: Claude Debussy, Beethoven, Joe Hisaishi Love
Favorite color: Blue, Pink, White
Favorite Mao programs: Nocturne, My Girl, So Deep is the Night, Fantastie Impromptu
Favorite Mao pictures: Any ones that feature her dogs. All of her Nepia CM photos.
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Michelle Kwan, Yukina Ota, Lu Chen, Zijun Li, Yagudin, Gordeeva & Grinkov.
Favorite Films: Roman Holiday, Notorious (a Hitchcock film, not the bio-pic of the rapper Razz ), Vertigo, Gone with the Wind, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and ALL of Hayao Miyazak's movies.
Favorite TV-shows: Friends, Mad Men, The Wonder Years, Bewitched and so many Korean/Japanese dramas that I don't know where to start. Faint2
Favorite Books: Great Expectations, Emma, The Pride of Miss Jean Brodie, Spring Snow (Haru no Yuki)
Favorite Anime/Manga: Nodame Cantabile, Nana, X/1999, Death Note, Escaflowne
Other things that interest me: the ocean & marine life, Stephen Colbert, artistic gymnastics, angsty bishounens Mushy Love

Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 am

Favorite songs: Classical, Rock, and many others Razz
Favorite musicians: Bjork, red hot chili peppers, linkin park, U2...
Favorite composers: Chopin, Leszek Możdżer, I like music from movies: LoTR, Harry Potter, Signs
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite Mao programs:Bells of Moscow, Por una Cabeza, Masquerade, Caprice but I love all of them!!
Favorite Mao pictures: All Wink
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Michelle Kwan,Brian Joubert, Yagudin, Yuna and many others (only not Plushenko and Flatt!!!)
Favorite Films: City of angels, Memoirs of a Geisha , all movies with Johnny Depp
Favorite Books: I love books of Agata Christie, Dan Brown and Jane Austin

I think it would be interesting to see montage to this music (Signs- soundtrack):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8czt8R7Z4I

Or this (Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone Soundtrack):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7z8HGXVR80

But honestly_ I will be happy no matter what I will get. I like surprises and if you have your own idea you don't have to give me a gift based on my preferences my dear santa santa king
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 am

Favorite music genre: Anything by Ennio Morricone, Yoko Kanno, Michael Nyman, Philip Glass, and Joe Hisaishi/ Anything not J-POP (with the exception of some musician written below) & K-POP
Favorite musicians: The Police, Aerosmith, David Byrne, Kaientai, Anri Kumaki, Eccentric Opera, Chihiro Onitsuka, Josh Groban, Origa, Maria Callas, Cyndi Wang, classic David Bowie, Iggy Pop and the musician formerly known as Prince
Favorite color: ...anything but maybe not yellow
Favorite Mao programs: Bells of Moscow, Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra, Czardas, Por una cabeza, Clair de Lune, Ballade
Favorite Mao pictures: All of them, esp the ones when she was in elementary school
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Plush, Yag, Joubert, Jeremy, Sasha, Mirai, Irina, Nobu, Dai, Taka, Akiko, Miki, Shen/Zhao, Shibutanis, Yukina Ota
Favorite TV shows: The Closer, X-Files, ST Voyager, Heroes, Monk, Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, Nodame Canatabile, Kinpachi-Sensei series, Hissatsu series (I bet nobody knows the last 2)
Favorite Films: Paris Texas, Malena, Brother, Kiss of the Spider Woman, The Piano, Shimotsuma Monogatari (Kamikaze Girls), Dr Strangelove, The Hours, Dog Day Afternoon, Mishima, Little Miss Sunshine, 2001, Saving Private Ryan, Nostalgia, Delicatessen, Local Hero, Prospero's Books, Little Buddha, Resorvoir Dogs, Mina Tannenbaum, Raising Arizona, Munou No Hito, The Castle of Sand, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, Chinese Gong Lee art films, anything Martin Scorsese (sorry for the long list...you should never ask an ex-film student this question)
Favorite Books: The Last Temptation of Christ, The Autobiography of Malcolm X, Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, The Freedom Writers Diary, Adrian Mole series, Frost series, The Green Mile, Shissou, anything by Amy Tan/Nobara Dakemoto/Shuhei Fujisawa/Yukio Mishima/Masuji Ibuse
Favorite Manga:Nodame Cantabile, Gokusen, Yotsubato!, Azumanga Daioh, Genshiken, Azumi, Captain, Kuruneko, anything by Daijiro Moroboshi/Yumiko Oshima/Ryoko Yamagishi/Jun Mihara/Kazuo Umezu/Ichiko Ima/Hinako Sugiura/ recent Yoshinori Kobayashi
Favorite Anime:Stand Alone Complex series, Summer Wars, Genshiken, Rosen Maiden, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, Hayao Miyazaki in general
Other Random Likes: Cats, Dogs (esp Shiba-inu), Noh, Japanese Edo period cultures (esp Ukiyoe wood prints, Hokusai), Ai Tominaga, Meisa Kuroki, Monty Python, George Carlin, Mid-century modern designs/interior/antiques, Nepal, Tibet

Okay...now you can guess how old I actually am... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:27 am

Favorite songs: The Listening by Lights, Entertain the Pain by My Favorite Highway, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, Love Story by Taylor Swift, On My Own by Lea Salonga, Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel, Halo (cover) by Charice, Love Like Woe by The Ready Set, First Love by Utada Hikaru, Gee by SNSD & most of Hisaishi Joe’s compositions
Favorite musicians: Lights, Paramore. Oh and Hisaishi Joe, although I consider him as a composer (but he’s a musician right?)
Favorite color: Purple, white, jester red
Favorite Mao programs: My top five, according to my mood today, are Ballade, Caprice, Fantasie-Impromptu, Clair de Lune and Bells
Favorite skaters (besides Mao): Michelle Kwan, Alexei Yagudin, Ilia Kulik, Kim Yuna
Favorite TV shows: GLEE, Big Bang Theory, Psych, Vs Arashi, Nodame Cantabile, 1 Liter of Tears, . Daejanggeum
Random things I'm really into right now: Harry Potter series (rereading it again because it’s that good!), this Twilight fanfic called The Not So Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (it’s very good, and you guys don’t know how much I despise the series!), The Hunger Games, Gintama, beagles, Alfred Hitchcock movies, royal milk tea, Cinnamoroll, kpop, jpop, German language, Disney stuff and the Christmas decorations in our neighborhood
Some Other Stuff:
For blends or artworks: If possible, make Mao the focus. And have some kind of positive message or something.
For videos: I’m not too picky. But maybe a brief TakaMao scene can be included?
For stories: Nothing too long. I’m fine with anything below 500 words. I guess a Mao-Kanako or Mao-Yuna friendship fic would be nice.

Oh wow, looking at all I wrote, I seem demanding compared to the rest of you! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Oooops, sorry! I have only just noticed this thread.
Here are my answers:

Favorite music: nice and pretty songs, rock, classical. I love musicals! My favourite is Tanz der Vampire (only German and Polish versions), I adore Thomas Borchert's voice. Oh and lately I listen to Lady Gaga's Alejandro often - lots of happy and crazy memoirs! But I don't think it suits anything Mao related Laugh
Favorite color: purple, pink, white and blue.
Favorite Mao programs: Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra, Por una Cabeza. But I love all of them. Love Hearts
Favorite Mao pictures: All of them I guess. Mao always looks exquiste on the ice. And I like photos with Mao and Taka... Wub Laugh
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze Many Hearts , Taka-chan.
Other Random Likes: tennis <3, skiing, Lindsay Davenport (my favourite tennis player, I started playing because of her when I was 11), Novak Djokovic, Aksel Lund Svindal and Kjetil Jansrud (favourite Norwegian skiiers).

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:37 am

Some participants have not posted here yet. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 pm

klarification wrote:
Some participants have not posted here yet. Sweatdrop
I'm waiting for everyone and will be posting last. Razz
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:36 am

I'm still selecting my favorites. You know I'm slow. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:27 am

Favorite songs: That's tough cause there's so many I love.... Well to name a few...: Many Mariah Carey songs from the 90's (Fantasy, Forever, One Sweet Day, etc.), a slew of Queen Songs (Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are the Champions, Somebody to Love, Fat Bottomed Girls, etc.), Future Lovers by Madonna, Let Me Think About It by Fedde le Grand and Ida Core, Propane Nightmares (not nearly as scary and dark as it sounds. lol) by Pendulum, I Want You To by Weezer, Ghost Town by Shiny Toy Guns, Super massive Black Hole by Muse, Got You Where I Want You by The Flys, I Keep Looking by Sara Evans, Pirates of the Caribbean Remix by DJ Tiesto... I also really like movie music, and Christmas music... And I guess I'll stop there, cause I could write a nice little book!
Favorite musicians: Mariah Carey, Queen, Muse, Shiny Toy Guns, Justin Timberlake, Offspring, Weezer, No Doubt, Whitney Houston, Leanne Rimes, Sugar Ray, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Janet Jackson, Keith Urban, Madonna (more so for songwriting than voice), etc. etc. etc.
Favorite TV Shows: Figure Skating, Survivor, Ancient Aliens, So You Think You Can Dance, Daria, Cake Boss, V, The Simpsons, That 70's Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Buffy, Degrassi, Bridezillas, My Fair Wedding, The Event, Sailor Moon, Xena, Ultimate Cake Off, Wife Swap
Favorite color: Purple. I also like pink, blue, black, and white. Oh, and rainbow, if that counts 0:)
Favorite Mao programs: 1. Ladies in Lavender 2. Claire de Lune. I also really like Fantaisie Impromptu and Nutcracker a lot. All three of her new programs for this season would be up there pretty high too even Ballade, even though I'm not usually favorable towards most exhibotion programs vs. competitive programs
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Mirai, Sasha, Shen and Zhao, Evan, Michelle
Other Likes: Music, singing, art, figure skating (obviously), dance, different cultures, traveling, pomeranians, food, cake shows, parties and clubbing, spirituality, stars and rainbows and other sky things, shopping, boating, sweets, decorating, event planning, history, science, antiques, animals, mythology (especially Greek), Harry Potter, holidays.... etc.

That's probably enough to get ya started (and hopefully not enough to make you think I'm a total dork now!... It's 2:30 AM so that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it Razz)
lol!

Last edited by Star85 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally said I AM favorable to ex programs to competitive programs. I meant to say I'm NOT more favorable to ex programs)
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Favorite songs: Aerials by System of a down, Uprising by Muse,Kuchizuke by BUCK-TICK , Rose by ANNA TSUCHIYA, Innervision by System of a down, Empty walls by Serj Tankian, Babylon by Scars on Broadway
Favorite musicians: Mostly I love J-rock and alternative rock, Buck-Tick, Jaurim,Gackt,Manga,Muse, System of a down, Scars on Broadway, Serj Tankian(I adore him), I like classical music, my favorite is Camille Saint-Saens , also I like folk(Goran Bregovic) and some k-pop music(f(x),BoA,2NE1). I don't like american pop,rnb music and hip hop.
Favorite color: red, black, white, blue and green.
Favorite Mao programs: Caprice, Fantasia for violin and orchestra, both Tangos (ex and sp), Bells of Moscow
Favorite Mao pictures: all pics in her lavender dress from Fantasia for violin and orchestra!(Worlds and 4CC)
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Yuna, Sasha Cohen,Plushy, Mirai, Dai, Domnina Shabalin, Grishuk Platov, Ksusha Makarova, Liza

From TV series, I like Korean drama, You're beautiful and amercian Tv series Alias. Hmmm...what else... I really like anime Shiki!yey! Razz My favorite actor is Johnny Depp, I love almost every movie with him, french comedies with Rishar and soviet movies. That's all I guess. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sofia

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:58 am

Favourite music: Well, I learn opera singing, so I like everything classical. Jazz, blues, rock (but not heavy)

Favourite musician: Definitely Anna Netrebko, the opera singer. My other favourite is Jovanotti, an Italian singer.

Favourite Mao program: Masquerade, The Bells of Moscow, Czardas, Ballade, Claire de Lune, A WHOLE NEW WORLD with Jeffrey... Very Happy

Favourite skaters besides Mao: Sasha Cohen, Stéphane Lambiel, Takahashi, Faiella & Scali, Meryl & Charlie, Tessa & Scott

Favourite films: Nearly all the films of Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. Especially The reader, Finding Neverland, Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Other:
I've never missed an episode of Desperate Housewives! sunny
And among my favourites I have to write my languages: Italian, Hungarian, Bulgarian, English, French - these are that I can speak, I study Chinese now and next year I take up Hebrew. I'm a completely international girl. Dance
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 am

dawnsherearequiet wrote:
Someone who got me as a secret santa, could you write me a PM please? :albino:

But dawn, that way, it won't be a secret! Laugh
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 am

dawnsherearequiet wrote:
Hey!That's not fun then!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:21 am

dawnsherearequiet wrote:

Nice try Laughing
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:42 am

It's so hard to make those lists. I don't have fave songs or musicians, I usually download what I like and listen to it until I get tired of it. I really like pop/rock (not heavy) and classical.

Favorite color: Black and blue
Favorite Mao programs:Fantasy
Favorite Mao pictures: Spiral ones.
Favorite skaters(besides Mao): Dai-chan, Kanako, Yukari, Sasha, Mirai, Joubert, Yagudin, Plush
Favorite books: Anything with mystery or enigma in it. My mind likes to be challenged.
Favorite films: Hard to choose, but "La Vita è Bella" is a movie I'll never forget.
Favorite sports: Figure skating (of course), gymnastics, soccer, volleyball, F1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa preferences thread   Secret Santa preferences thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa preferences thread
Page 1 of 1