Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011

Go down 
+13
chiyori
Luckyone
polosatik
ballerinamao
kaarolcia
maofan93
linglang
clovera
Ken Himura
europeanfan
Dani-Chan
kirakira
Batsuchan
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am

linglang wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2muls4ieyg

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Cloud 9 Swoon
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:29 am

linglang wrote:

Cloud 9
Just beatiful! This must be my favorite performance of this EX!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

linglang wrote:

Thank you, this was beautiful. Wub Maybe it's just me, but the combination of the dress and the hair seemed to make Mao look younger. But her exuberance and joy may have contributed as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 am

Argh! Mao and Dai's videos have been removed already. Bawling
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 am

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks for the links, kirakira! flower

Mao's skating is so gorgeous as usual. Wub But Mao seemed a little tired to me or something, or maybe it's just my imagination. Sweatdrop The flip looked a little off on the landing, and she didn't hold the slide spiral like she normally does. Suspect

But I don't blame Mao if she is tired--she's been doing shows and press conferences back to back to back! WOW!

I guess she should have a chance to get back into her normal training routine (with Taka-chan) soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Mao's skating is so gorgeous as usual. Wub But Mao seemed a little tired to me or something, or maybe it's just my imagination. Sweatdrop The flip looked a little off on the landing, and she didn't hold the slide spiral like she normally does. Suspect

But I don't blame Mao if she is tired--she's been doing shows and press conferences back to back to back! WOW!

I guess she should have a chance to get back into her normal training routine (with Taka-chan) soon. Very Happy

I am affraid at Mao's schedule for the past 3 years. I wonder what JSF thinks about it. The more Mao shows up, the more people make money but at the same time, she has less time to prepare for competitions. She has less time to train than other skaters in the world but people expect more from her and criticize when the results are no good. She had similar schedule during the Oly year.
With all those shows, CM, interviews and travelling time, I won't be surprised if she does not do well in Worlds and 4cc.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:07 am

Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am

I think the shows, as long as she gets back to her training soon, are good confidence boosters for her. She seems to be consistently attempting and landing her jumps in her exhibitions after nationals, so this may actually help her know that she can do it in front of a crowd.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:39 am

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 am

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 am

Can someone repost Mao's video? It was deleted. Sad
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:11 am

polosatik wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1LwzwkscJ8

Mao's performance starts at around 2:50. Razz
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 am

linglang wrote:
polosatik wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1LwzwkscJ8

Mao's performance starts at around 2:50. Razz
Thank you so much!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

hmm well I totally disagree I think her jumps were gourges but have looked a little unusuel since her technique has changed especially on the flip, and mao needs sometime to get used to all the changes she is doing.. and just thinking all the hardships mao has had this season and how hard mao has worked to get used to her new jumps before nationals and all the pressure she was under.. there is no doubt the the difficulty mao has faced this season was the hardest in her whole career... and I am just soo happy and relieved to see that mao has overcome her biggest challenge ever by doing something as HUGE and UNTHINKABLE as to change all her jumps and speed... and actually is still changing them..

anyway I loved mao's performance it was magnificent, I really enjoyed every second of the program, and I think that her charlotte spiral was held as much as usuel.... the only negative thing I have to say is that the lightning in the show was a bit too dark, but maybe that is because mao's dress was black!!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

I agree about the flip. It looked like her blade slipped a little on the take off and she didn't get the amount of hight she normally gets, so she finished about 1/2 of the rotation on the ice. It is actually incredibly hard to jump while being blinded by spotlights, because you often can't tell where you are in the air, so this may have contributed to her slightly off jumps that night.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:30 pm

maofan93 wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:

I agree about the flip. It looked like her blade slipped a little on the take off and she didn't get the amount of hight she normally gets, so she finished about 1/2 of the rotation on the ice. It is actually incredibly hard to jump while being blinded by spotlights, because you often can't tell where you are in the air, so this may have contributed to her slightly off jumps that night.

I also noticed the lack of height and awkward landing on the flip, but I don't believe it's anything to worry about. Exhibitions are always iffy when it comes to jumps—frankly, most skaters don't try the more difficult jumps under spotlights, but we all know how Mao likes to push herself. Since her flip has generally been quite nice recently, I don't think this one instance is any reason to worry. Smile
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:01 pm

maofan93 wrote:
I think the shows, as long as she gets back to her training soon, are good confidence boosters for her. She seems to be consistently attempting and landing her jumps in her exhibitions after nationals, so this may actually help her know that she can do it in front of a crowd.

I totally agree with you, maofan93! I think Mao can go to her next competition thinking, "I landed 12 triple flips in all the shows I did." Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011   Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stars on Ice Japan Tour 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2