Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MaoMao brand clothing!!!

Go down 
+21
CraZsk8r
Cloviece
maowataiyo
Yunamao
Alokya
mingming
linglang
Spacey
kaarolcia
kirakira
Star85
europeanfan
polosatik
ballerinamao
snowdrops24
sapphiresky
☆Genie
Dani-Chan
aoi88
klarification
Batsuchan
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:19 am

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:32 am

Thanks for links, photos and videos!!

Mao has such a good taste on kimono. I do love her furisode -- cardinal red color and botan (peony) pattern -- very beautiful. Her obi knotting and hairdo suit the furisode very well. Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:33 am

I've just found this news article.

http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/news/20110107k0000m050065000c.html

Her costume at Nagoya Figure Skate Festival.

It's sooooo cuuuuuute!! Love Hearts

ETA: There is a thread for this show Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:37 am

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 am

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks everyone for all the pics, videos, and articles!! flower

Aww, our little Mao-chan is all grown-up, isn't she? Mushy Love

Well, I was wrong about the color of Mao's kimono, but I was right about one thing--she TOTALLY looks like a princess doll!!! Love Hearts I love her kimono, and she looks soo gorgeous! Swoon Swoon It totally suits her! Yep!

I think snowdrops24 mentioned in the other thread that she didn't really think Mao looked like a "traditional Japanese beauty," but I humbly disagree. Smile I've always thought Mao looked more classically Japanese (while Mai looks more "modern" to me), and I think the traditional kimono suits her so well. Many Hearts

Arrow But why is she not participating in the Coming of Age day ceremony next Monday?? Question That's what this video (and another one says):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYoMUDQ4jw

It seems like an awful waste to wear that kimono just for the press conference! She should show it to people (like Taka-chan)! Yep!

Arrow According to this article, the kimono cost 1,000,000 yen (like 12,000 USD)!! WOW! But since it was made by the company who is developing her clothing line, they gave it to Mao for free!! flower

Arrow And GREAT NEWS, everyone! They plan to sell Mao's clothing overseas via the internet!! Happy dance Confetti

Arrow A few things Mao said in the interviews:
1) About wearing the kimono, she said something like, "In the past, when I've worn a kimono, people have told me that it looks like Shichigosan (a ceremony for little kids), so I was a little worried, but everything turned out well and I think it'll be a good memory."
2) The interviewer asked her if anything has changed now that she's 20, and how far along she is to being an adult, and Mao answered that nothing had really changed and that she's still on the first step! Very Happy
3) They asked her who she wanted to show her kimono too, and she thought and thought and thought and finally said, "her family."
4) She said she's thinking all about Worlds. (Don't stress too much, Mao! Yep!)

Sighh...our girl is soo pretty, isn't she?? Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 am

Thanks everyone for the links.
Mao looks sooo beautiful Mushy Love Recently many Japanese girls wear kimono with heavy decorations and make hair set too much. I don't like that...but Mao chose a traditional design, her hairstyle was also very antique and very pretty Wub She looks like a princess of Edo era. Many Hearts

Batsuchan wrote:
Yes, she is! Love Hearts (Batsuchan, ohisashiburi! Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 am

Mao is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And her kimono is so beautiful!!! Red suits Mao perfectly! And her hairstyle!Wow!!! Many Hearts Love Hearts Love
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 pm

mingming wrote:

Batsuchan wrote:
Yes, she is! Love Hearts (Batsuchan, ohisashiburi! Very Happy )

mingming, Ohisashiburi~! flower あけましておめでとう~!

By the way, you should read the little fanfics I wrote if you haven't already! (And everyone else should too! Hell, no! Hell, no! ) I hope you enjoy them! Razz
http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t951-my-christmas-present-to-you-all
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 pm

kirakira wrote:
News clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IPf_vWNgU0

Thanks kirakira! Very Happy

Did you all see the MaoMao brand logo come up at 1:10? Question I like it!! Love Hearts

The lady announcer at the end was funny, she was like, "Cute~! SUPER CUTE~!"

I forgot to mention yesterday - in some of the other videos, they mention that Mao was kinda serious, so the photographers kept asking her to smile, and then one guy was like, "You're stiff!" and that caused Mao to burst out laughing. Razz

Then, they asked her to show off the kimono sleeves, but she didn't really know how, so she was like, "Is there someone who can help me...?" Wub It totally reminded me of that press conference at Chuukyou Uni that she did after the Olympics where some girl asked this long question, and Mao was like, "Uh, could you repeat the question? I forgot." Soo cute! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:43 pm

I love Maos kimono! I've never seen anyone where one in real life, or even seen one in any store, but I always thought they were pretty. I guess I'm not the best person to judge one, but if it means anything, I like Maos a LOT! What is she wearing on her feet?? It looks like socks with some sort of flip flop?! Here that's always been a big fashion no-no, but I have no idea of what the do's and don't are for kimonos (and if those really even are socks and flip flops).

Last edited by Star85 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:26 am

They're a special type of Japanese sandal. Actually, our flip-flops came FROM these sandals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z%C5%8Dri

And the socks - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabi.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:42 am

Awww...Mao is so pretty in her furisoke! I love that she chose the peonies! They`re beautiful flowers Very Happy

When I first saw her all dressed up, it really touched me...I just thought: is this the same girl that I saw 5 years ago performing her beautiful Nocturne program...Mao`s all grown up! I felt like a Mom seeing her daughter dressed up for prom, and I`m not even that old haha! ROTFLMAO

It just reminded me how long we`ve been on this journey with Mao Wub

Shocked At the cost of the furisoke! I`m glad that they decided to give it to Mao as a gift!

Batsuchan, thanks for letting us know that MaoMao will be available internationally!
I`m wondering if it`s more for teenage girls or for adults too...I really hope that the clothing will fit me lol!

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:05 am

Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:29 am

Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:19 am

Thanks Yunamao! The furisodes look beautiful. Yep!

I wonder why they don't try to sell it for 2012 seijinshiki?
Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 am

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 am

MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Tumblr_lmmlkuMEiP1qznloeo1_500
from tokitama blog
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:23 am

thaanks for the pictures yunamao, mao looks gourges
Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 am

You're welcome ballerinamao Wink
Here, I found another one from Tokitama's blog!

MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Tumblr_lmofz23Wy71qznloeo1_500
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Yunamao wrote:
You're welcome ballerinamao Wink
Here, I found another one from Tokitama's blog!

MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Tumblr_lmofz23Wy71qznloeo1_500

Mao looks absolutely stunning here, as well as in the last picture. Her eyes look almost like glass (but then again, I've always thought they do).
Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:33 am

Mao is so pretty. I love the composition of the photos, I hope they show more HQ pics!

Thank you for sharing everyone~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MaoMao brand clothing!!!   MaoMao brand clothing!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MaoMao brand clothing!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next