Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Earthquake in Tokyo

Go down 
+35
Okami
linglang
Alina
kaarolcia
polly10
ddmm
Alokya
KariDebate
illani
Jtsmith1
sapphiresky
tianrushui
klarification
Luckyone
jkblues
josling
chineseteacup
bellarina
Afsfan
MaoChan756
Ken Himura
polosatik
periperi
aoi88
☆Genie
bibi
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
alyssa
tilitom
clovera
dawnsherearequiet
PochinkoPotanko
roma
europeanfan
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

The Odai area has certainly progressed alot since the Toneri Liner was built. Before then, they only had busses to depend on. About 12 years ago, a guy who was member of the communist party became head of Adachi ward by accident. There were 2 candidates from the Liberal Democratic Party so the votes split for them, while the communist party supporters got together and voted all to that one guy. He immidiately announced that he will stop the plans for creating the Toneri Liner and will send all the budget for it to charities, and that he will not allow one of the major department stores to be built in Kita-Senju. That made eveybody living in Adachi furious, except for the communists, and although he new Chief was supposed to be acting for at least 4 years, there were so many complaints to the Adachi ward office, they decided to redo the election within an year or so. This was basically against the rules, but if couldn't be avoided. Everyone, and I mean everyone, esp companies which had already bought some land in the area the Toneri Liner was planned to run got so angry, and people in Kitasenju who were looking forward to the new department store being built so many people from other areas would come and spent there money here were totally pissed off. So we had the exceptional re-election, and we had a new Chief who did create the Toneri Liner, which made peoples lives in those areas much more convenient, and also allowed the department store to be made in Kita-senju. The status of Adachi has rised because of all that, and though some small shops had to close down in Kita-Senju, the money coming in from other areas in the new department have provided the ward much more tax incomes than before.

Do come to Adachi again, kawaiimao! You'd be so surprised how much everthing has developed here. I'd be happy to show you around too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 am

Oh yes! (tehee)
I love all your tidbits Pochi!
Always a fan of your details and effort in the posts you write on!

I'll soon be in Tokyo - But not in Adachi! Sad

I heard some German stars donating -
Concerts have been organised - (I think I saw a vid of Miki participating in a skating charity event!) - Lady Gaga has also been actively donating with the idea of wristbands! (very efficient - with the amount of fans she has! - she is like the YunaKim of showbiz! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks for the update Pochi!

It is good to know that Japan is already back on her feet. Or maybe his feet? I remember this cute anime called Hetalia where Japan is portrayed as a stoic young man:

Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Tumblr_lhydmcleZj1qavz50o1_500

Pretty cute huh? (Japan is in the middle. The people surrounding him personify countries such as USA, Germany, China, etc) sunny

Anyway, your stories about Adachi are very amusing. When you talked about the yakuza, my first thought wasn't "AH! Scary! >.<" but something along the lines of "Ah! Like Yankumi of Gokusen?" Hollywood movies tend to portray the yakuza as a rowdy bunch of trouble seeking guys, but Gokusen made me think that not all those who are in the yakuza are bad, some have integrity too!

This is so off-topic right? I'm just happy to know that Japan is doing well. And so many people are rallying behind Japan, donating money and giving help. It's times like these that make me think that world peace is not that impossible after all.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:16 am

Klarification! Very Happy

I am such a huge fan of Hetalia! - My first anime! Smile

[so off topic!]

But I feel a lil bit proud of Japan -
My respect for the culture has crossed borders! :p
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:23 am

Oh good MaoChan756! I thought I was the only one... It would've been awkward posting here without anyone knowing what I am talking about. Razz

Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:00 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Do come to Adachi again, kawaiimao! You'd be so surprised how much everthing has developed here. I'd be happy to show you around too! cheers

That would be most kind of you! Thank you!
I'm looking forward already but I still have to graduate and learn some more Japanese before I'm able to go.

Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 pm

F1 is showing support to Japan this weekend in its first event of the year in Australia. In the Red Bull garage there are boxes for donations and a book for people to write messages. They'll also display the page of the Japanese red cross in their cars' rearwings .

Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Japanese-wing

Other teams are also cooperating, especially Sauber, which Kobayashi's team. I know it's not much compared to the amount of money this sport controls, but at least they're divulging ways for ppl to help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 am

alyssa wrote:
F1 is showing support to Japan this weekend in its first event of the year in Australia. In the Red Bull garage there are boxes for donations and a book for people to write messages. They'll also display the page of the Japanese red cross in their cars' rearwings .

Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Japanese-wing

Other teams are also cooperating, especially Sauber, which Kobayashi's team. I know it's not much compared to the amount of money this sport controls, but at least they're divulging ways for ppl to help.

People in all sorts of sport have been donating or having charity games and stuff in and out of Japan. It seems Mirai will be joining the charity skate show for Japan in the US too. People in sport are really generous. They all seem concerned about what they can do for those in need, much more than people in showbiz at least in Japan. Ayumi Hamasaki donated a large amount, and some others too of course. But then we have some actress/singer releasing a new song, to comfort the people in the damaged areas...there's nothing wrong with it, but I think she could be more of help by just simply donating some of her money, which she has alot of. She's hardly popular now as a singer either, so even if she's thinking of donating the sales money, I'm sure not many people are going to buy her CDs or buy downloading from the net. People writing and singing for the people in the damaged areas is fine, but those who are extremely rich should simply donate IMO. Rolling Eyes

Well, maybe some celebrities in Japan are donating anonymously, so I shouldn't be criticizing I guess.

ETA:just found out that AKB48 has donated over 600,000,000yen for the damaged areas! Wow! Is this the highest so far? Well, they've been criticized alot for they're tricky ways of making lots of money for some time now, so this amount might sound high, but I'm sure it's almost nothing to thier office. But anyway, well done! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:51 am

Quote :
ETA:just found out that AKB48 has donated over 600,000,000yen for the damaged areas! Wow! Is this the highest so far? Well, they've been criticized alot for they're tricky ways of making lots of money for some time now, so this amount might sound high, but I'm sure it's almost nothing to thier office. But anyway, well done!

Shocked cat
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Big congrats to Japan to the spectacular triumph at Dubai World Cup!!!! cheers

Now, let's hope the Worlds in Moscow can continue in similar fashion. Good luck!

GO JAPAN!!! Cheering Happy dance Woot! Dance Rockstar Encore
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:22 am

kawaiimao wrote:
Big congrats to Japan to the spectacular triumph at Dubai World Cup!!!! cheers

Now, let's hope the Worlds in Moscow can continue in similar fashion. Good luck!

GO JAPAN!!! Cheering Happy dance Woot! Dance Rockstar Encore

Thats great! At least some good news from Japan! sunny
Was that a benifit game or so?

Btw, is this true?
>Radiation has been found in food, seawater and even tap water supplies in Tokyo.<
Please not!
Some "vey clever" ppl from france said, the evacuating radius of 30 km is redicules, and that it wold be better to evacuate 100 km!
Where does he think should all this ppl go? Mad
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Btw, is this true?
>Radiation has been found in food, seawater and even tap water supplies in Tokyo.<
Please not!
Some "vey clever" ppl from france said, the evacuating radius of 30 km is redicules, and that it wold be better to evacuate 100 km!
Where does he think should all this ppl go? Mad

Well, I haven't read anything about food since there are very few people who farm in Tokyo. But the wind was blowing from north to south very strongly yesterday, so I guess it's only for some amont of radiation flying all the way to Tokyo bay, water purification plants, and surely the ground. So the vegetables made in some areas in Tokyo must've gotten some radiation on them, though I still don't think it's that much a harmful amount.

I went shopping to get some milk today, but I had no luck where ever I went. They were all sold out. So I bought 200~300ml small packs, though only a few were left anyway. I just hope the people who are buying all the milk are those with babies or little kids. If so, it doesn't bother me. But I have a feeling there are lots of selfish adults who buy a whole bunch of milk just for themselves. Yep, Sadly

And I sure hope the French are wrong about the 100km thing. I'm actually relieved that the wind has been blowing mostly to the south rather than the north. The damaged areas including Sendai where my friend lives is just about 100-150km from Fukushima, so it the wind starts blowing north, the most unfortunate victims of the earthquake and tsunami will have to even suffer fear of radiation. East towards the sea is the best, but if the wind has to blow someway, I'd prefer any direction than north.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:23 am

Quote :
I went shopping to get some milk today, but I had no luck where ever I went. They were all sold out. So I bought 200~300ml small packs, though only a few were left anyway. I just hope the people who are buying all the milk are those with babies or little kids. If so, it doesn't bother me. But I have a feeling there are lots of selfish adults who buy a whole bunch of milk just for themselves. Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 383730

I really hope too, that its only for the babys, since they cant use the water as well!
And i think its useless to buy so much for oneself, since milk is uneatable so fast!

But otherwise i so cant believe, that in a city as tall as Tokyo there is milk and mineral water completely sold out! That makes me so sad! But it will go over i hope! *crosses fingers*
I heard german ships with groceries are scared to ship to the ports of Tokyo, because of the water has radiations, so they ship to Osaka! I want to hit their faces so badly Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 506166
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Quote :
I went shopping to get some milk today, but I had no luck where ever I went. They were all sold out. So I bought 200~300ml small packs, though only a few were left anyway. I just hope the people who are buying all the milk are those with babies or little kids. If so, it doesn't bother me. But I have a feeling there are lots of selfish adults who buy a whole bunch of milk just for themselves. Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 383730

I really hope too, that its only for the babys, since they cant use the water as well!
And i think its useless to buy so much for oneself, since milk is uneatable so fast!

But otherwise i so cant believe, that in a city as tall as Tokyo there is milk and mineral water completely sold out! That makes me so sad! But it will go over i hope! *crosses fingers*
I heard german ships with groceries are scared to ship to the ports of Tokyo, because of the water has radiations, so they ship to Osaka! I want to hit their faces so badly Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 506166

It's okay, Haidogirl. Don't be angry at the German ships. As far as I know, there shouldn't be that much danger in Toyo bay, but it's better they be careful. Should some accident happen to the ships and sink, everyone on board will get wet with sea water, so if the radiation there at that point is high, they really might damage their health. The roads from Osaka to Tokyo must be hardly undamaged, so thier leaving the supplies in Osaka is more than enough for us. Yep!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:23 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Quote :

It's okay, Haidogirl. Don't be angry at the German ships. As far as I know, there shouldn't be that much danger in Toyo bay, but it's better they be careful. Should some accident happen to the ships and sink, everyone on board will get wet with sea water, so if the radiation there at that point is high, they really might damage their health. The roads from Osaka to Tokyo must be hardly undamaged, so thier leaving the supplies in Osaka is more than enough for us. Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 92512

But usually they are not that scared, but now when its about Japan, they are so weaklings, that just annoys me Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 744699
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:29 am

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:30 am

Haidogirl wrote:
alyssa wrote:
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/03/31/6380113-dear-mommy-i-hope-youre-alive-are-you-okay-4-year-old-quake-survivor-writes Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 275238

Oh my god, why they have to make those public? Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 813808 Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 813808 Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 813808

Yes, they're heartbreaking. I just wanna cry whenever I read posts like this especially since these had pictures. Bawling The other day I read this story about a 9-year old boy's sacrifice and I wanted to cry at work.
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/?id=467066&type=Opinion

They're so young but we can learn so much from them.

To have a society raise kids like these is amazing. I still remembered that when we had that massive flooding in my home country around two years ago we also got a lot of help. But people's reaction to the tragedy is a bit far from how the Japanese people handled theirs. I wished we had their resilience in handling events like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:58 am

Oh roma!

I am in the college library - and believe me - I am crying like a toddler!
For those who could not read the story (in case of no subscription)...
Here is another link http://voicesfromjapan.blogspot.com/2011/03/9-year-old-boy-teaches-self-sacrifice.html

I might as well drain up the last tear of my body over what happened...
But even that won't be enough!
Such a thing should never happen to a country like Japan! I cry when I think of the fate of these children...

The worse thing is that - I really want to help - I donated!
I feel that its not enough! :s
and fans here - Please donate in any way possible if you can! Some parts of the country needs help!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:51 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
Oh roma!

Here is another link http://voicesfromjapan.blogspot.com/2011/03/9-year-old-boy-teaches-self-sacrifice.html

Such a thing should never happen to a country like Japan! I cry when I think of the fate of these children...

and fans here - Please donate in any way possible if you can! Some parts of the country needs help!

I know what you mean! Its so hard to even imagine it happened to Japan!
But they did everything they could! Not to imagine this happened to a country that is not as well prepared as Japan, there would be way more dead ppl then the 12000 now!
Its sad that so many kids died, just today i heard of the schools reopen in some north areas, but of the usually 300 kids only 34 were there, the rest are dead Bawling
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:
Oh roma!

I know what you mean! Its so hard to even imagine it happened to Japan!
But they did everything they could! Not to imagine this happened to a country that is not as well prepared as Japan, there would be way more dead ppl then the 12000 now!
Its sad that so many kids died, just today i heard of the schools reopen in some north areas, but of the usually 300 kids only 34 were there, the rest are dead Bawling

Awwww that's just hearbreaking Crying or Very sad Sad Depressed Crying

I hate to change the subject, but I thought you guys might be interested in this:
Johnny Weir has teamed up with designer Tadashi Shoji to create a T-shirt to benefit Japan's disaster relief. The shirt is $25 and 100% off proceeds will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society.

You can see the commercial for it, and order a shirt here:
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/home/events/t-shirt-order-page/

They're actually kind of cute.

Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 HEARTFLAT1-e1301371863393

Sorry that's so huge!! pale
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:56 am

I also read about this:
Quote :

Japanese nuclear plant worker discusses choice to sacrifice his life

As Japan continues to grapple with catastrophic radiation leaks at the quake-damaged Fukushima Daichii nuclear complex, the plant's remaining workers have shown heroic dedication in the face of a task that amounts to a likely suicide mission.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110405/ts_yblog_thelookout/japanese-nuclear-plant-worker-discusses-choice-to-sacrifice-his-life

This just breaks my heart... Depressed Crying

On the plus side...

Quote :
Japanese Olympic Committee Hopes To Bid for 2020 Olympic Games
http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/olympic_bids/1216135649.html

Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:51 am

oh no the earth moved again in Japan, 7.4 , i hope this stops right now Mad
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:51 am

jkblues wrote:
oh no the earth moved again in Japan, 7.4 , i hope this stops right now Mad

I heard this too, it was just an hour ago or so!
I hope t will be better soon!

How was it in Tokyo, on the cameras it looked extreme strong!

Was this another after shock or a new earthquake?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake in Tokyo   Earthquake in Tokyo - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earthquake in Tokyo
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next