Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Empty
PostSubject: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Here's the link to the interview: [x]

I came across this while lurking through another FS forum. I'm not sure how I feel about this. While I respect her decision, am I wrong to feel that her heart just doesn't seem in it anymore? I worry because I've heard that her parents were left in quite the debt last year because of having to pay for Fumie's skating career. I hope this isn't a case of a skater just being afraid to move on to another stage in his/her life.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 pm

she seems like she doesn't want to end her carrer without accomplishing something that will make people remember her. and I also feel like she enjoys skating and maybe doesn't feel like she could or can find something that's quite her beside skating no matter what I just hope that she will be a little more succesful so that she can pay her debt and skate without adding more debts to her parents...
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm afraid she might be disappointed at the end. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:07 am

She should have retire after the worlds 2006 silent
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:29 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:27 am

dawnsherearequiet wrote:
Personally, I'd leave deciding the life of Fumie Suguri to Fumie Suguri herself, unless someone here is ready to live it instead of her.

We're not deciding anything. We're just discussing. Isn't it what a discussion board is for?
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

dawnsherearequiet wrote:
alyssa wrote:
dawnsherearequiet wrote:
Personally, I'd leave deciding the life of Fumie Suguri to Fumie Suguri herself, unless someone here is ready to live it instead of her.

We're not deciding anything. We're just discussing. Isn't it what a discussion board is for?
Every time Fumie Suguri announces she's going to keep competing, there appear some people who are absolutely sure that she's making a mistake. Who know when and under which circumstances exactly she should retire. Smile And it always makes me to wonder about who those people are and why they are so concerned over her fate. Maybe Fumie owes them something? Maybe she disturbs their sleep by her skating? Maybe they are her close relatives (it seems they know what is good for Fumie Suguri better than Fumie Suguri herself)? Paying for her ice time? Know what's on her mind, with what ideas and hopes she keeps skating?
What makes them to think they can judge her and tell when she should retire? I can't understand.

I don't understand your reaction. Did Fumie hire you as her lawyer or anything? Your speech makes it look like we're imposing something to her. We're just saying our OPINIONS and that's all. If Fumie doesn't want anyone to talk about her then she shouldn't have become a sportswoman in first place, oh no, she's not the one who's complaining, it's just you.

This is the internet, it's a free world. You can talk about me or anyone else if you want. Wink
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:58 pm

dawnsherearequiet wrote:
alyssa wrote:
dawnsherearequiet wrote:
alyssa wrote:
dawnsherearequiet wrote:

Every time Fumie Suguri announces she's going to keep competing, there appear some people who are absolutely sure that she's making a mistake. Who know when and under which circumstances exactly she should retire. Smile And it always makes me to wonder about who those people are and why they are so concerned over her fate. Maybe Fumie owes them something? Maybe she disturbs their sleep by her skating? Maybe they are her close relatives (it seems they know what is good for Fumie Suguri better than Fumie Suguri herself)? Paying for her ice time? Know what's on her mind, with what ideas and hopes she keeps skating?
What makes them to think they can judge her and tell when she should retire? I can't understand.

I don't understand your reaction. Did Fumie hire you as her lawyer or anything? Your speech makes it look like we're imposing something to her. We're just saying our OPINIONS and that's all. If Fumie doesn't want anyone to talk about her then she shouldn't have become a sportswoman in first place, oh no, she's not the one who's complaining, it's just you.

This is the internet, it's a free world. You can talk about me or anyone else if you want. Wink
OPINIONS about what, alyssa? If you said you don't like her skating or even that her skating is poor, then no problem - it is your opinion. But people are basically telling her when she should retire. Is this an "opinion"?

Even if she will be disappointment in the end, this is her life and her decision. What's to discuss here, unless you know her and her situation close enough to suggest you might give her some advices?

Yeah, I think she should retire and this is MY OPINION, you're entitled to yours just as I am to mine. Period. You think it's wrong to talk about her career but I say there's nothing wrong with it and I'm not changing my mind just because of what you think, neither Fumie is retiring because of what I think.

Now that's exactly what I needed: to be censured in a free discussion board. Faint2
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry, I've been a bit oversensitive these days. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi   Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fumie Suguri wants to compete in Sochi
Page 1 of 1