Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork Empty
PostSubject: A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork   A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 pm

I was searching for new Mao clips @Youtube and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Qwq2dov84

An American skater who introduced himself as Chris in his profile performed Mao's LP footwork as a tribute to "those who are suffering from the devastation in Japan". From the video description:

Quote :
This is for those who are suffering from the devastation in Japan. I have friends from Japan and have families that are affected. Even though Japan can't host Worlds this year, I thought I'd do a little something.

I was captivated by the difficulty of this footwork sequence done by Mao Asada that I decided to try it out, it was actually harder than it looks. No wonder it is a level 3. Hopefully you enjoy this.

This is for Japan. We are with you all the way, and we are praying and trying really hard to help you guys out.

He did an amazing job with the footwork! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork   A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks for sharing this with us Okami!

Mao's footwork is very complex... No one can touch her there! Twisted Evil

And knowing that the skater is a Filipino is even more amazing! As you guys would probably guess, here in the Philippines, choosing to pursue figure skating as a sport is unheard of, unless you are rich. Well, it seems that he is based in US now, so ice rinks are not so much of a problem.
Back to top Go down

A cool tribute to Mao's LP footwork
Page 1 of 1