Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISU counsel meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

ISU counsel meeting Empty
PostSubject: ISU counsel meeting   ISU counsel meeting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Here's a link to what happened at the ISU counsel meeting:
http://www.blazingblades.com/746091568/some-surprising-decisions-come-from-latest-isu-council-gathering/

Summary: Singapore Ice Skating Association's figure skating branch gets full ISU membership; Team Figure Skating event given IOC approval for Sochi winter games; a new 3-event ISU sanctioned pro-am series gets preliminary approval and ISU to pursue Social Media initiative.

I'm not too happy to hear that the team event will probably only include skaters who qualify for the individual events as well. I was hoping that there would at least be the option to send other skaters. Some skaters may not even want to do the team event, but other ones who would love to be there won't be able to...Sad.

There is some exciting news though: A new televised 3 competition series! Confetti
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

ISU counsel meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISU counsel meeting   ISU counsel meeting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Thank you for the update!

Quote :
I'm not too happy to hear that the team event will probably only include skaters who qualify for the individual events as well. I was hoping that there would at least be the option to send other skaters. Some skaters may not even want to do the team event, but other ones who would love to be there won't be able to...

I agree with you. The Olympics were exhausting enough when the skaters had to skate just one SP and LP - now some will get to skate two. Unconscious I just hope the "old" events will take part before the team event.

I still wish they included synchro instead: it can be very entertaining for a 'casual' fan to watch. But, of course, that would mean that the federations and IOC need to cover the cost of food/accomodation for the entire teams... Using the skaters who are already there is much cheaper. ISU/IOC get the money, the viewers get an additional event... Everybody wins, except for the skaters. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down

ISU counsel meeting
Page 1 of 1