Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2011!

Go down 
+81
CraZsk8r
Artistry
fefe_sky
michelle
tilitom
tokitama
dangerous_angel_face
let`s talk
McKenzee
Lady_in_black
clarice
clovera
midnightfrostifyx
dlynndao
WayCon
Lee
kenkyo
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
Ken Himura
sarahjoanne419
dlnnyc
BowbowDaijin
Jtsmith1
chapis
shikure
~*AAA*~
josling
Alokya
beppu
kirakira
Rose
zarinaballerina
inspiration*
supportmaoasada
COHK
emmie
4u4a
shar
PochinkoPotanko
hirahira
ddmm
Haidogirl
tianrushui
skfan
Spacey
Batsuchan
ballerinamao
Hotaru
ElleluvsL
bibi
Cloviece
Yunamao
kawaiimao
jkblues
kaarolcia
ClairDeMao
Mirai
kitty
europeanfan
periperi
illani
maofan93
KariDebate
bellarina
chiyori
snowdrops24
Okami
sapphiresky
Star85
swan
linglang
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
babayaga
maowataiyo
klarification
aoi88
MaoChan756
alyssa
polosatik
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 am

i agree aoi88 but you can't just expect and ask for a masterpiece of a competitive program from a choreographer and get it.. since the choregrapher always does his best or is atleast suppost to wheter that is enough to create a program the judges like is a totally different case..
no matter what is going to do for mao as long mao is in great condition and have completely gotten used to her new technique she will do fine.. since even if the judges don't like her program as long as the technical content is there she will be unstoppable... just think about 2010 where mao's sp masquerade and fs bells wasn't well received but she still won national, 4cc, and worlds that year.. so for me the biggest obstacle and the only thing that I am worried about is that mao has gotten used to her new technique which I think she has thinking about how she performed at nationals and 4cc... and ofcourse is in good condition..
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 am

ballerinamao wrote:
i agree aoi88 but you can't just expect and ask for a masterpiece of a competitive program from a choreographer and get it.. since the choregrapher always does his best or is atleast suppost to wheter that is enough to create a program the judges like is a totally different case..
no matter what is going to do for mao as long mao is in great condition and have completely gotten used to her new technique she will do fine.. since even if the judges don't like her program as long as the technical content is there she will be unstoppable... just think about 2010 where mao's sp masquerade and fs bells wasn't well received but she still won national, 4cc, and worlds that year.. so for me the biggest obstacle and the only thing that I am worried about is that mao has gotten used to her new technique which I think she has thinking about how she performed at nationals and 4cc... and ofcourse is in good condition..
This. To me all these talks about programs are just excuses, let's remember Plushy. If you're in great shape, hitting all your jumps, you're a top skater, no matter what program you have. No matter how masterpiece your program is , it won't help you if your technical side is down. I know almost all Mao fans like Dreams of love LP, but I'm the one who is not fond of it, it's too mediocre. Mao is capable of more, much more then repeating herself from 2006 and to me it doesn't look good anymore.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 am

well I don't thik mao has repeatet herself just because mao's s liebestraum is soft music and reminds of mao's nocturne... I looooved mao's fs this year and I am one off those who wouldn't mind her keeping it since it's a wonderful piece og music and choreograpy... and pretty unique how mao beginns and ends the programm... and like a said before it's the te4chnical content that matters and mao's condition...
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 pm

maofan93 wrote:
I agree with comments expressed on the previous page about TAT. Even in Mao's Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra back in 07-08, she had to take out some choreo because she was late. I honestly think that TAT spends too much time in the step sequence that all the other elements are crammed together and there is no room for other choreography. With the rule changes for the one-foot section, and now new rule changes including 2 "sequences" of three different difficult turns on each foot, step sequences can be shorter and have more flow, like Mao's Leibestraum. Mao always seemed to be rushing through TAT's footwork in competitive programs because, as said above, I think she figures it out in her head before trying it on the ice, and believe me, everyone can do things much faster in their head! Sorry for this rant, but I think Mao should get an EX from TAT, because for some reason those work very well, but she needs to branch out to other choreographers for a new SP. The SP has been her downfall for a long time, perhaps starting back at 07 worlds. She really needs a wow short program this season to show the judges she is still the best in the world.

THIS so much. It's not that I don't like Tatiana and her work-- in fact, I loved "Bells Of Moscow" right from the get-go (unlike most, that and Rachmaninov is by far one of my favorite romantic composers...ever), and her exhibition programs have always been outstanding. However, I can't deny that sometimes Mao seems overwhelmed by how dense her programs are-- from the jumps, spirals...everything. And then half of it gets taken out ("Tango" SP suffered as a result and looked off by a beat or so at times) or there are absolutely empty pockets of time with little to no choreography (i.e. the opening of "Bells"). Also, some of the music cuts are so monotonous, especially "Masquerade" which was 10x better as an SP.

As for Lori, to me she's much like David Wilson. Their 'signature' sometimes over-encompasses the skater, not to mention their choreography starts to look the same after awhile (probably because they work with virtually every skater it seems). If anything, I'd want Mao to perfect "Tango" if she was going to keep a program and continue working with Tat, and instead drop Lori's "Liebestraum". Because the former could be so much more with better direction and more time (it was evident at AOI), but the latter is more-or-less Mao's safe zone. Again, it's not that different from "Clair De Lune" IMO. Lori was excellent with "Czardas" and "Nocturne" among others, but Mao really needs to branch out.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 am

I am sorry - I have no technical or insane knowledge about choreography!
But you gotta do what the judges want!
And for the last three years - Judges have been intently scrutinizing minor details and giving high scores to skaters who maintain a flow in their choreography (Yuna/Mirai for example)
Okay Tat is an extremely talented lady - But what she does for Mao is just not appreciated by the judges -
I really loved Mao's Olympic SP or the Bells LP! They were powerful pros - But as stated in many posts above - It felt incomplete - You just feel a bit weirded out when Mao just flows on the ice - with no movement - It was as if she stops too much in between her choreography - and obviously skaters like Yuna who really perform every single move - overscore Mao!

Okay liestraume is a soft romantic thing which seems another Lori's act - But it was a good change for Mao - I mean she did not skate on something likewise for the last two seasons - and what's wrong in doing what you do the best! Plus it has a variety of jumps - the choreography seems so much complete - (You don't see her pausing) - Its like a pro which would get her huge marks! If I had to choose between Liestraume and Bells - It would have been Liestraume - Maybe Bells was something unique and is now a 'Mao-Cult' - But I would not encourage something new - specially if Mao is still working her jumps -

I just hope Tat won't pressurize Mao to do two 3A again - or leave down her 3-3 which she should include if she wants to remain at the top!

EDIT: I miss you guys! Exams in a week! Sad
Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:17 am

Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:36 am

Yunamao wrote:
Taka & Mao at Kyoto! cat

Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Omikuji

Source : http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/06/post-73c3.html

they look fantastic Very Happy i´m happy to see Mao relaxed enjoying the off season. I tried to traslate in ggogle the comment of Takahiko, is like they picked luck notes or something like that and Taka was bad luck note and Mao was in tears(i guess of laughing).
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:17 am

jkblues wrote:
Yunamao wrote:
Taka & Mao at Kyoto! cat

Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Omikuji

Source : http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/06/post-73c3.html

they look fantastic Very Happy i´m happy to see Mao relaxed enjoying the off season. I tried to traslate in ggogle the comment of Takahiko, is like they picked luck notes or something like that and Taka was bad luck note and Mao was in tears(i guess of laughing).

Taka got 凶...which is the worst one and Mao got 大吉 the best one means lucky for everything
I forgot i read that somewhere that they went kyoto for other tv show and we may see the clip soon
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:36 am

polosatik wrote:
This. To me all these talks about programs are just excuses, let's remember Plushy. If you're in great shape, hitting all your jumps, you're a top skater, no matter what program you have. No matter how masterpiece your program is , it won't help you if your technical side is down. I know almost all Mao fans like Dreams of love LP, but I'm the one who is not fond of it, it's too mediocre. Mao is capable of more, much more then repeating herself from 2006 and to me it doesn't look good anymore.

Polosatik, I get what you're saying. I also think Lori's choreography lacks originality. Personally, I want Mao to find a entirely new choreographer altogether. TAT does have more original ideas but they don't translate well into Mao's competitive programs for various reasons that others have listed.

In regards to Plushy, I have to say I am not a fan of his skating. I thought he could have done far more in the artistic area with his talents and charsima. I am someone who values the artistic side of skating more than the technical. Contrary to popular opinion, Mao's real strengths lie in the aesthetic aspects of her skating rather than the technical. It is her beautiful lines, posture, position, flow that set her apart from the others, moreso than the triple axel. She deserves to have programs that showcase these wonderful qualities. There have been skaters who have declined technically as they aged but still had memorable programs. Yukari and Lu Chen comes to mind. It saddens me that Mao's competitive programs in recent years haven't been memorable("Bells" is memorable but for the wrong reasons.) because I know that she is capable of much more as you said.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:14 am

The thing is simply, enough is enough, I love bells, masquerade sp, liebestraum, but Mao need something new, just a chance, if its not work then she can change it,, but, please, even yuna with david wilson is so much, just for once, something new.
I hope Tat is coreograph her ex or just one program.
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 am

I think it would be interesting if every skater tried to work with a different choreographer this season! It would be nice for Yuna to work with someone other than Wilson, and Mao to work with someone other than TAT/Lori. There are so many good choreographers out there, and no one needs to be limited to the same person/people every time if they have the financial means that both Mao and Yuna have.

Does anyone know who did Risa Shoji's choreography this past season? Her programs were beautifully choreographed and included interesting moves that were not in everyone else's programs. Also, I think this more fluid style fits Mao, and could help her keep her flow between elements, which the judges really like. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:21 am

maofan93 wrote:

Does anyone know who did Risa Shoji's choreography this past season? Her programs were beautifully choreographed and included interesting moves that were not in everyone else's programs. Also, I think this more fluid style fits Mao, and could help her keep her flow between elements, which the judges really like. Just an idea.

I think her short was done by Miyamoto and her Long was done by her coach. I loved her LP!

You know what would be an interesting choice of music to skate to? Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. It got 10 times the angst of "Bells" or "Tango". I wouldn't mind the angst and darkness if it has a little rock to it. Wink
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:13 pm

^I believe that Alexe Gilles's lp last season was Bohemian Rhapsody or Queen music.
It didn't go very well for her, but I think that Mao could pull off something like that.

Being something of an opera junkie myself, I would like it if Mao picked something opera-themed(excluding Carmen and Turandot of course Neutral...too overused).

But that wouldn't be too much of a departure from what she's already done and I know that many people are looking forward to seeing a "new" and different Mao next season.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Hmmmmmm, strange.....there's been absolutely no news that Mao is working with Tat in Japan so far (correct me if I'm wrong). Last season's SP I ended up not liking much, but the EX was fab, so I basically still believe in Tat. But still, I would like to see Mao trying out other choreographers.

Btw, did someone already post this link?:
http://kimono-hosho.co.jp/gallery/

Seems like they've made Mao's kimono brand site, but it still seems incompleted a bit. But she looks great in the photos! Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 289804
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Pochi-san! Glad to see you back! cheers We've missed you.

Mao's site looks great! Love the kimonos she's wearing. I'm hoping we also get to see a blue kimono and a faint yellow kimono modeled by her. I think it'll look great with her tanned skin. Mushy Love And the hakama she's wearing is lovely. I've always wanted to try on a hakama after seeing my cousins graduation.

*A page before, snowdrops linked a nikkansports website that says she is/was in Russia for choreography. I agree with everyone that said they'd like to see Mao branch out and work with different choreographers even though I do like a lot of the programs that TAT has made.

I'm a little late, but love the expression of Taka's face after he got his omikuji. Thanks Yunamao!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:04 am

I serously need some news about mao I really miss her.. by the way does anyone know when the granprix series is going to beginn...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 am

I'm going to my summer practice in Syzdal for two weeks, I hope to see more good news when I will get back!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 am

^Do you partake in some type of instrument or sport, polosatik? Have fun! Hopefully the grand prix assignments will be announced by the time you're back. Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:43 am

maowataiyo wrote:
^Do you partake in some type of instrument or sport, polosatik? Have fun! Hopefully the grand prix assignments will be announced by the time you're back. Yep!
I'm an artist, thanks!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Oooh, no wonder you could make such beautiful banners! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:06 pm

http://maimao-asada.com/mao/private/2011/06/05/58/

Mao's blog was updated. She is in Moscow and the photo is taken at a Uzbekistan restaurant. She's excited to experience her first Uzbekistan cuisine.

So, she's in Moscow and definitely with TAT ... Snow
I hope they are working on an exhibition program.

Well, even if they are working on competitive programs, it may be much better to get wrong music and programs for coming season rather than in the Olympic year. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 am

One of the reasons why Tango might not have been the best program could be that Tarasova simply didn't have enough time to work on it. I remember she was complaining that she only had three days to choreograph three programs. Maybe if this time Mao actually spent some time with TAT they might have created a more balanced program.

I hope that they only do one program and that Mao will get her LP from someone else. Not because I don't like Tarasova but because I'm dying to see what other people can do for her!!

I can't read Japanese, but I am curious if there is a place on Mao's website where people can leave comments? Maybe someone can tell her about Camerlengo's offer? flower
Back to top Go down
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 am

thaaaanks for the pictures mao seems to be enjoyig herself I hope to get some practice clips soon heh
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:06 am

babayaga wrote:
One of the reasons why Tango might not have been the best program could be that Tarasova simply didn't have enough time to work on it. I remember she was complaining that she only had three days to choreograph three programs. Maybe if this time Mao actually spent some time with TAT they might have created a more balanced program.

But she also made "Ballade" in the same time frame and it was quite wonderful. I think the problems lies in what Okami says about TAT not really understanding CoP rules. Now, I'm hoping that Mao keeps Liebestraum now to prevent having all TAT-styled programs this season. Drama!

On the bright side, I'm glad Mao looks more cheerful in her recent pictures. I hope she gets back to good shape during the off-season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mao News - Off-Season 2011! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2011!
Page 13 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next