Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!

Go down 
+60
alex1
SoMiTripleAxel
Yschntä
Haidogirl
aoi88
Oscilla
chocomilk
mingming
supportmaoasada
illani
MikiAndoFan#1
sweetdream
will_power
NarumiAyane
jirachiness
ddmm
sofia
kirakira
chizu
Olive
dlnnyc
Clair de Lune
coconut
itcaip
e2girl
kaarolcia
murasaki
kawaiimao
bekalc
Mirai
chiyori
☆Genie
dangerous_angel_face
josling
Okami
sky
coolmeia
chineseteacup
maowataiyo
snowdrops24
tokitama
bellarina
hastaluego06
polosatik
sumin
inskate
Vash01
mika
chapis
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
summervie
Liffey
clovera
BowbowDaijin
sapphiresky
roma
tianrushui
bibi
Batsuchan
64 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Empty
PostSubject: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Ok, well you guys already started discussing one of the articles I'm going to post, but I figure 44 pages is enough, and it's time to start a news thread for the OLYMPIC SEASON!! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_flower

1) Here's a full translation of that article about Mao and the two triple axels:

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/psp-tp0-20091005-551817.html

Mao will keep her triple axels x 2

Figure skater Mao Asada (19=Chuukyou University) vowed to maintain the two triple-axels in her free program. At the first competition of the season, the Japan Open on the 3rd, she failed on both triple axels at the beginning of her program. Even so, "the only thing I won't give up is the 2 triple axels. I even told that to Tatiana (Tarasova)-sensei," she said, revealing that she had strongly demanded this earlier.

Up to now, she has been completely following Coach Tarasova's opinions, but despite her coach's view that she should lower the difficulty of her program, she insisted. Her free program music, "Bells of Moscow" is quiet from start to finish, and Asada said, "The beginning is not difficult, per se, but I felt vaguely dissatisfied. But if I can do the jumps perfectly, then it will be a good program."

Another related comment:

http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/20091004spn00m050012000c.html

Mao said, "It was the first competition, so the thought, 'I wonder how this will go,' was very strong. I was not able to do everything I practiced.'
This is why I'm not very worried about the jumps...I think Mao just psyched herself out because she knows she always does badly at the first competition of the season.

However, I *WAS* disappointed that she kept the same jump layout as last year. I really would prefer to have her do the 3F-3Lo and 3Lz instead of 3F-2Lo and 3S. But perhaps Mao 'dumbed-down' her layout for JO. We'll have to see.

If Mao wants to keep the two 3A's, if she believes she can do it, then I definitely think she should!! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! 23732

2) This is interesting, because it's about the Korean fans' reaction to Mao's program.

http://news.searchina.ne.jp/disp.cgi?y=2009&d=1005f=national_1005_002.shtml

[Korea Blog] Figure skating's Japan Open 2009 is an "Entertainment Failure"

On the 3rd, at Figure skating's "Japan Open 2009" held in the Saitama Super Arena, Mao Asada gave her first performance of her free program for the season. Team Japan's mistakes stood out, and they missed their fourth consecutive win.

In Korea, where interest in figure skating has increased dramatically thanks to Yu-Na Kim's efforts, the results of the Japan Open were widely reported. On the 4th, on the website daum, the keywords "Mao Asada mistakes" surged in popularity and attracted attention, and several net users raised the topic on their blogs.

Blogger maddux26 reviewed Laura Lepisto, Joannie Rochette, Mao Asada and Yukari Nakano in order, and among them, about Mao Asada, he/she wrote, "It's the worst costume which does not have one bit of the elegance/grace that Mao Asada naturally has. The music is also completely
heavy, and it seems like it doesn't match Mao at all. The step sequence did not seem to match the music, and compared to the song, the movement of her body seemed light, as a result only the music stood out." He/she continued, "Before the Olympics, she should change her free program," and also severely criticized Yukari Nakano's costume.

Another blogger, Kimai, expressed doubts about the music choice and said "I feel that her upper body movement and overall performance improved from last year. But because the music is too heavy or somehow, it feels like she is weighed down…Light music matches Mao Asada better.." She added, "No matter how I look at it, Mao Asada and Coach Tarasova don't seem to match."

Furthermore, blogger CraZy said, "It seemed like the announcers were disappointed by Mao Asada's poor condition. In the end, from Japan's point of view, this was a competition that was a complete 'entertainment failure.' They wanted to raise the morale of their team of skaters, but they were completely defeated by 30 points by the Europe and American teams.”

In addition to this, several bloggers touched upon Mao Asada's jump mistakes, costume, choreography, and song choice, giving an altogether harsh critique, "The choreography does not show Mao's flexibility"; "The song is too heavy, it's endlessly the same rhythm."

Well, it is a very strange day when I agree with the Korean fans! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! 323704

I do not agree that Mao/TAT do not match, but oh how I wish they picked something like "Fantasy for Violin & Orchestra" or "Por Una Cabeza," which I absolutely adored. Those songs were not light, fluffy, pretty Chopin (I agree with polosatik that perhaps she's outgrown those)--but they were beautiful, elegant, lyrical, and I think they showcased Mao's talents and maturity. Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! 92512

3) Here's a quote from the Grand Prix press conference that the Japan team members attended on the 4th.

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20091004-551679.html

According to this article, Mao said "Yoyogi is a stadium where I can hear lots of cheering voices, so it's a good rink. I wonder if it matches me. But, first, I will do my best for the France Trophy [Trophee Eric Bompard]."

Mao-chan, ganbare! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! 23732
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks for the translations Batsuchan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 pm

My thought about the music choice:
Yes, it does not match with mao's natural style. But this dark,heavy music is almost the opposite side of the familiar mao style. I assume that we all agree that mao can do very well in various styles, but mao still can not control this heavy,dark,powerful style very well. So, this may be a chance for her. If she could survive in this, she will be superb. If she can't......well, I hope there is no if not. Finger crossed and pray for mao.
I am also in those people who are disappointed with mao's insistence with two triple axel. However,since it's mao's decision, what I can do is praying for her.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Well, it seems Mao-chan can be very stubborn. Hell, no!

I believe Mao can do what she wants to do including 2 3As but I hope she won't think too much about it that it affects her performance too much. If she misses her first jumps (which normally includes 3A) she becomes too cautious. I want to see the old Mao of 2008 WC where even if she fell on her trademark 3A she came back with a vengeance and delivered an amazing freeskate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Hahaha oh Mao, she is quite determined!

We all know that Mao can do 2 3As (as seen numerous times in practice) and that she is definitely capable of doing it in competition, but I'm just worried about the consistency of her 2 3As. It seems like even if she does not complete 1 of them, her score takes a great hit. If she attempts 2 3As and a 3-3 then it'll be okay even she she doesn't do one, but that would be a really tiring program... For the Olympics, she really needs consistent jumps, not in practice, but in competiton . Yes, we shouldn't worry because it's the beginning of the season and there's still the Grand Prix series, but what if she does her dream program clean only at select competitions- if this happens, I hope that she considers being more flexible. I hope that Mao can do something she is able to succeed in over and over in competitions-then she will definitely win the OGM.

Another thing is that Bells is a program that you have to watch over and over again to appreciate because there are so many intricate details. Everytime I watch it, I notice something else, something more beautiful. But this worries me too, because judges at each individual event probably only see it once, so they will likely only notice the slow and depressing music- although I like it, it's not a "crowd pleaser" type of music. People who are not fans of Mao will probably only watch it once too lol, so they only notice what's on the surface- but I actually do like it, it grows on me.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 pm

In my sight,
I agree with sapphiresky that when I first saw this FS, I think that it's not extremely
beautiful like some bloggers said. Spin with hands over in the back is something I saw
in Oda's and Yuna's program at World last year, and she did it not straight enough.
the shape of spin suits for "Bell", but not more beautiful than other skaters.

About spiral sequences, I think it's OK to be the same as last year because most of
skaters have their pros and cons in each type of spiral. Mao can do well with fan spiral
so she should put it in. Bielman is also. Only what we want is Arabesque not Kerrigan
but Mao cannot do right now.

Problems is Jumps.

I don't blame Step Sequences because it is quite good but not good enough in JO
because she lacked power in the end but I think it will be better soon.

I watched it again and again and....
It seems not that bad as I saw at a very first sight.
Why I'm so impressed after watching it 2-3 times. Perhaps, JO's monitor angle is
not what we usually appreciate too. For example, 3F-2L-2L< though it is downgraded
it will be better to see in the front not the back.

Last thing, I really want Mao to raise hands up when cymbals sounds. I don't want
her do it after cymbal sound.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
Spin with hands over in the back is something I saw in Oda's and Yuna's program at World last year, and she did it not straight enough.
... but not more beautiful than other skaters.
It is well-stretched, though. Having the arms straight up towards the ceiling with Mao's position is close to impossible due to Mao's free-leg (which is bent towards her body, making it a modified pancake position when you add the arms). Alissa had the same sit spin variation last year and she didn't have her arms straight up towards the ceiling either; they were, however, nicely stretched out an angle. A skater will have to be double-jointed in the shoulders like Katrina [Hacker] for your suggested spin to become a reality...or possess a sense of balance that is humanly unattainable.
study

As for the jumps - again, I really don't think there is any point fretting at this point because Mao is prone to changing them at any given time. I do wish it is a bit more CoP-friendly, which can be achieved even without a 3-3. She can easily make the layout for Bells a seven triple program by having her 2A in sequence, probably after the solo 3T which has become a very solid jump for her. Incidentally, Masquerade had the 3T and 2A in quick succession near the end of the program - just not in a sequence - so it certainly isn't too crazy of a suggestion.

In the end, though, we can only keep guessing. Razz
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:19 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:

Last thing, I really want Mao to raise hands up when cymbals sounds. I don't want her do it after cymbal sound.

This I'd like to see also... Maybe this is the plan when Mao can finally master this program. She might have experienced problems with the timing at JO after having jump problems.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh, last night I watched Asahi and there was Mao's interview.
Mao said that in this year, she will use FS program outline the same as last year to make it
more consistent. 3A+2T>3A>3F+2Lo+2Lo>Sp>SpSq>3S>3F+2Lo>3T>2A>Sp>SlSt>Sp
I'm not sure how long they will prolong this outline but hope that after she can make
it consistently, she will change 3A+2T to 3A+3T and 3F+2Lo to 3F+3Lo.
They also talked about expression too. Mao said that in FS "Bells", she hit her face
2 times (Pachi pachi) and opened mouth (say OH!!) by imitating Tarasova. It's
a style to make power. (though somebody said it's so Masochist.)

Quite disappointed that there is no Lutz, this season as Tarasova once said to TV that she
will put it in FS. (And I think Yuna don't have Flip or Loop also to play safe. I'm not sure
how people feels if their queen has no Lutz or Flip or Loop so if Yuna can do clean Flip and
Loop as well, she also deserves gold medal.)

In this news, they talked about SP Masquerade a little and it seems that it is not
a new program but Tarasova-cut Edition of last year's FS.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm quite disappointed><
At least, I hope a new program from Masquerade......
And, one thing I really don't understand is if she doesn't plan to have a 33 combination in LP, why not use a single triple loop to replace the 3Toe or 3 Salcow. A 3loop has higher base value than 3 toe and 3 salcow. And mao's 3 loop is more consistent than her 3 toe and 3 salcow......
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 pm

BowbowDaijin wrote:
Oh, last night I watched Asahi and there was Mao's interview.
Mao said that in this year, she will use FS program outline the same as last year to make it
more consistent. 3A+2T>3A>3F+2Lo+2Lo>Sp>SpSq>3S>3F+2Lo>3T>2A>Sp>SlSt>Sp
I'm not sure how long they will prolong this outline but hope that after she can make
it consistently, she will change 3A+2T to 3A+3T and 3F+2Lo to 3F+3Lo.
They also talked about expression too. Mao said that in FS "Bells", she hit her face
2 times (Pachi pachi) and opened mouth (say OH!!) by imitating Tarasova. It's
a style to make power. (though somebody said it's so Masochist.)

Quite disappointed that there is no Lutz, this season as Tarasova once said to TV that she
will put it in FS. (And I think Yuna don't have Flip or Loop also to play safe. I'm not sure
how people feels if their queen has no Lutz or Flip or Loop so if Yuna can do clean Flip and
Loop as well, she also deserves gold medal.)

In this news, they talked about SP Masquerade a little and it seems that it is not

Oh, Yuna definitely has a 3F this year. She's been doing beautiful ones in practice, and with a good inside edge. Whether or not she still lips in competition is yet to be seen, but she will have a 3F in her programs this year. In fact, Yuna has a 3F planned not only in her short program, but her long as well. The only thing she changed was her main 3-3 combination, which will now be a 3z-3t, instead of a 3f-3t. She is still without the loop though, and I have serious doubts if we'll see it this year.

As for Mao's SP, I thought it was the flute version? Question Is it really just going to be the same music again? scratch

Also, I'm really not crazy about the slapping face part of her choreography. There was a lot I loved about that program and its choreography, but that was not one of them. I was hoping Mao and TAT would get rid of it for TEB, but Mao really seems to like it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:49 pm

ohh...I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm

I heard that SP is flute version. But from TV's interview, it seems that they will not
change choreography so much so jump outline seems to be the same. I hope they
will change transition and step sequence a little to make it brighter with Mao's smile.
But we don't know until we see the real one. Joannie and Miki also in good form this
season.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:50 pm

BowbowDaijin wrote:
I heard that SP is flute version. But from TV's interview, it seems that they will not
change choreography so much so jump outline seems to be the same. I hope they
will change transition and step sequence a little to make it brighter with Mao's smile.
But we don't know until we see the real one. Joannie and Miki also in good form this
season.

They're not changing the choreography?! But... how will her SP be a "joyous ball", as it was described previously, with the choreography she had last year? This is all very confusing and a little worrying for me. Snow

But like Bibi said, we just have to wait and see. There are only 3 more days! And I think like BowbowDaijin said, a big Mao smile throughout that program could make a real difference! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Whatever Mao may or may not jump in her LP is a second grade question.
The most important is her short program! The territory of Yuna Kim, where Mao needs to engage her, otherwise everything else may turn out to be futile.
Mao needs a great, secure SP so that:
1) to have a not-so-big points gap to cover in her free skate;
2) to give judges (easily biased and seems like very weak and fragile organisms overall Rolling Eyes) an impression that she actually can compete with Yuna;
3) the pressure before the free skate to be distributed equally between the two. If Yuna knows that she can make two mistakes in her free skate and still to win, she won't make even one. If Mao goes on the ice knowing that she has to skate perfectly, and still she won't have many chances to win unless Yuna totally messes up her program (with Yuna skating freely with all her pressure gone - bear this in mind) - neither two triple axels, nor 3Lz, not even two 3-3's wouldn't save her. Because at that point she'd have already lost. Isn't it obvious?
The jumping layout of the *short program* (not long), the program itself are the key to everything. study

Last edited by summervie on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Yes, I agree that the short program is the key to everything.
And I strongly beleive that as along as mao doesn't lose too much in short program, she can win the total competition(08 world,08 GPF for example).
Somewhat, I am expecting TEB,hoping Mao could prove all my concerns and doubts are wrong. And somewhat, I am nervous about TEB......
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:16 pm

summervie wrote:
Whatever Mao may or may not jump in her LP is a second grade question.
The most important is her short program! The territory of Yuna Kim, where Mao needs to engage her, otherwise everything else may turn out to be futile.
Mao needs a great, secure SP so that:
1) to have a not-so-big points gap to cover in her free skate;
2) to give judges (easily biased and seems like very weak and fragile organisms overall Rolling Eyes) an impression that she actually can compete with Yuna;
3) and the most important - the pressure before the free skate to be distributed equally between the two. If Yuna knows that she can make two mistakes in her free skate and still to win, she won't make even one. If Mao goes on the ice knowing that she has to skate perfectly, and still she won't have any chances to win unless Yuna totally messes up her program (with Yuna skating freely, with all her pressure gone - bear this in mind) - neither two triple axels, nor 3Lz, not even two 3-3's wouldn't save her. Because at that point she'd have already lost. Isn't it obvious?
The jumping layout of the *short program* (not long), the program itself are the key to everything. study

Great post and ITA. I mean, look at WTT: Mao scored over a 75, and was less than a point off of Yuna's just-over 76 score at worlds. The judges will score her as high as Yuna if she skates cleanly, and I agree this is key. However, I would also caution that both girls have a bad tendency to make mistakes in the LP, so the jump layout in the LP (and more importantly what she lands in the the LP) does matter a bit in the end.

One interesting thing about TEB is that the starting order will be based on rank. Because Mao is ranked below Yuna (Mao # 3, Yuna #2, Carolina #1), Mao will skate first, and then Yuna. It will be interesting to see how Yuna does in the SP if Mao skates cleanly and receives a very high score. That alone could put pressure on Yuna, although the SP usually is her strong suit.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:10 am

I'm also hoping Mao will skate really well in her SP. For me, that'll lower the pressure for her to perform her FS perfectly. Based on past performances also she rebounds quite well when she skates a bad SP. But this season it'll be better is she starts with a clean SP.

Regarding the masquerade music, I hope it is a different arrangement. Something cheerful/joyful like what they initially described.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

roma wrote:
Regarding the masquerade music, I hope it is a different arrangement. Something cheerful/joyful like what they initially described.

Me too, but wasn't Mao's music officially decided as the flute version? Or do you mean an entire different piece from the whole Masquerade?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Here's another article about Mao. Nothing really new, just another columnists' opinion about Mao, and some of the other skaters who will be at TEB. Once again, another article where the author doesn't like Maos' music...

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20091014it.html
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:01 pm

I don´t understand why if tat´s husband is musician, she don´t asked his opinion about this, or maybe we all have bad taste and no apreciate this version Question

sorry my english
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:49 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
roma wrote:

Me too, but wasn't Mao's music officially decided as the flute version? Or do you mean an entire different piece from the whole Masquerade?

Oh.. my bad. Yes, I think it's a diff. arrangement (the flute version) but BowbowDaijin posted something about an interview clip shown in TV Asahi:

BobbowDaijin wrote:

---

But from TV's interview, it seems that they will not
change choreography so much so jump outline seems to be the same.

Like what they said in initial interviews after the music announcement they said something about being joyful. But if they won't change the choreography much from that of last season's...

I want to see a joyful Mao!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:11 pm

roma wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Last thing, I really want Mao to raise hands up when cymbals sounds. I don't want her do it after cymbal sound.

This I'd like to see also... Maybe this is the plan when Mao can finally master this program. She might have experienced problems with the timing at JO after having jump problems.
I would think the popped jumps affected the timing as well; Mao was clearly behind the music by a few seconds. There's a vid up on NicoNico Douga (which is in Japanese and requires an account for access) that was uploaded recently which adjusted Mao's skating to the music and it becomes pretty apparent the final pose takes place exactly when the final "boom" sound strikes.
Houdou Station confirms that the jumping passes - at least for Bells - remains the same as the "ideal" form of Masquerade (this will be the one she attempted at Nats with the 3F-3Lo). This should explain why there is no solo loop as she'll be repeating the axel and the flip. I'm slightly disappointed there's no lutz, but she's still going for 5 different triples so no complaints from me... Who, me?

Now, I'm not sure if this is the same TV Asahi interview BowbowDaijin was talking about (it probably is because of the "pachi pachi" segment with Shuzo Matsuoka) but there was no mention of the flute Masquerade having similar choreography to its FS counterpart whatsoever; Mao simply said she feels comfortable skating to it because she is used to the music. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Thanks for your insightful review, clovera. Smile
Back to top Go down
mika

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi!
I just joined here and this is my first post! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_biggrin

I think BowbowDaijin and clovera refer to same news clips, and yes, clovera, we can get nothing new about Mao's SP from those clips.

But I got some interesting titbits about her new SP. According to an interview for a magazine, Caprice was actually her SP not EX!!! Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Affraid
Though TAT really wanted to use Masquerade from the first time, Mao wanted something new and chose Caprice. However Caprice hadn't gone well until Mao hold a fan, and thus it ended up to be her EX!
I've been even more impatient for seeing new Masquerade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next