Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011

Go down 
+48
kirakira
Luckyone
Ken Himura
purplemaze
edberg830
josling
Cloviece
haruka25
femariel
☆Genie
sarahjoanne419
ClairDeMao
linglang
aoi88
roma
patknowsbest
sapphiresky
sweetdream
purpledream
jkblues
dangerous_angel_face
kaarolcia
Abdiel
tianrushui
Okami
babayaga
Alokya
Mao_Asada_sunrise
bellarina
illani
maowataiyo
cherriee
zarinaballerina
ddmm
emmie
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
ballerinamao
alyssa
chiyori
supportmaoasada
europeanfan
ashcroft1086
Haidogirl
polosatik
shikure
MaoChan756
Batsuchan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:03 pm

just out of curiosity but does anyone know what jump layout Kanako and Akiko have for their FS tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:29 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
just out of curiosity but does anyone know what jump layout Kanako and Akiko have for their FS tomorrow?

Kanako tried this jump layout this season, in both her GP events:

3Lz
3L
3F
(second half)
3L-2A sequence
3F-2A sequence
3T
3S-2L-2L

She has some problems with her 3L this season, plus her flutz. But still this is a 7 jump layout.

Akiko(this is what she tried in the GP and GPF):

3Lz
2A-3T
3L
(second half)
3L-2T-2L
3Lz-2T
3F
3S

Also, a 7 jump layout.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:50 pm

I can't stop watching Mao and Kanako. Mao looks poised and confident, but also subdued, which I guess is to be expected. She did wonderful though! I'm thinking her last spin might not have gotten a level 4 since she seemed a tiny bit behind the music at the end of her step sequence (compared to what we've seen in the GP). I felt she had a little bobble on the twizzles in her step sequence as well, like she had at NHK. I need to watch again and compare to be sure though. That would explain the level 3. But I'm glad she was skating fast and I felt her jumps were higher than usual, even the 3L with it's tight landing. I don't care about who wins and who doesn't. I just want Mao to be happy. Cheering It was nice to see her smile despite the circomstances and to hear the crowd really cheering her on. Good luck in the FS Mao! I'm sure your mama doesn't care if you do a 3A or not. She just wants to see you smile. Love Hearts Just go with your heart and skate lights out!

Kanako was fantastic. That 3-3 just totally invalidated everything her haters are always saying about her being done because she can't rotate her jumps anymore. Her technique on toe jumps isn't great but she just proved that she can make it work even now that she's grown. Good for her! And I'm in love with this music. It's so powerful and emotional and this time, she really pulled it off convincingly, instead of looking like a little girl wanting to skate like a woman. And that dress. Swoon Swoon I don't know who designed it but he/she is a genius. The colors just look so royal together! Drama! If I remember well, her FS dress is very nice too. The only thing that bothers me about Kanako is her posture. I hope that once she feels secure and confident with her jumps again (shouldn't take much longer if she keeps this up), she starts working on that. She skates with her upper body bent forward a lot, like Miki, but her knees are softer than Miki's so it's not as bad. She has speed, I just wish she would stop bobbing up and down and rounding her shoulders. She would look a lot more regal with her shoulders back and her chest out.

Haven't seen Akiko's SP so I can't really comment, but this is still a nice score for missing a required element. Glad she is finally getting some recogniton for her SS!

Off to watch some vids of the men's FS. I've only seen Yuzuru so far and wow! He did fantastic despite looking like he couldn't find his breath from the start of the 2nd step sequence. As a reasult, there was a lot less power into it than at GPF, but still... wow!! Good for him, delivering like that and not only placing 3rd, but proving to everyone that he really deserves that world team spot by being right on the heels of the top 2 and actually beating them both in the FS. Can't wait to see him grow even more as a skater. His asthma is such a terrible thing though... I feel that while it is somewhat under control, it's still very unpredictable... He looked ready to faint at the end with he put his hand to his chest! And I didn't feel like he put more power in the first half of his program than he usually does... I can't help but think about what he could be if he could train more than 2 hours a day Yep, Sadly

ETA: OMG Taka-chan's FS!!! Even with the mistake, this is the first time this season that there was no doubt in my mind about this program and his capacity to deliver it. He was right on with the music and the beginning of the last step sequence... Cloud 9 Cloud 9 He'd have beaten Yuzuru if he'd had enough speed to had a third jump to his last combination but oh well... I feel like he was robbed of the title and should have beaten Dai-chan overall though. I love Daisuke with all my heart but even his 10 point lead shouldn't have been enough to make up for 3 falls. I felt like Taka-chan was really into his program as well, looking up at the judges and the audience instead of at the ice, which I always thought was what hurt his PCS. Here, I felt he was purely and simply robbed on PCS. Or rather, he wasn't robbed, but Daisuke was way overscored on PCS for what he delivered. Five points is just way to much. In fact, if PCS was actually scored on the performance delivered and not on reputation, Taka-chan should have the higher PCS (though not 86, that's just way too high for a flawed skate), then Yuzuru 2nd, and Daisuke third.

Last edited by chiyori on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:02 pm

By the way, does anyone know what is wrong with this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/icechannel2011?feature=BF ?

They have uploaded all the women short programs upto 16th place and the only one missing is Mao. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:09 pm

babayaga wrote:
By the way, does anyone know what is wrong with this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/icechannel2011?feature=BF ?

They have uploaded all the women short programs upto 16th place and the only one missing is Mao. Rolling Eyes

maybe it's because Mao's SP is already on youtube Smile
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
babayaga wrote:

maybe it's because Mao's SP is already on youtube Smile

You are probably right, I overreacted Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Kanako tried this jump layout this season, in both her GP events:

3Lz
3L
3F
(second half)
3L-2A sequence
3F-2A sequence
3T
3S-2L-2L

She has some problems with her 3L this season, plus her flutz. But still this is a 7 jump layout.

Akiko(this is what she tried in the GP and GPF):

3Lz
2A-3T
3L
(second half)
3L-2T-2L
3Lz-2T
3F
3S

Also, a 7 jump layout.

hmm interesting now i am really curious to see whether Mao will put her 3A back in the FS, cause i think it's time for her to put it back, and eve if it isn't perfect yet, but just simply to get used to doing it in competition again...
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:00 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

hmm interesting now i am really curious to see whether Mao will put her 3A back in the FS, cause i think it's time for her to put it back, and eve if it isn't perfect yet, but just simply to get used to doing it in competition again...

It might be too soon for her to do it know. Plus, take into consideration that neither Akiko or Kanako maganed to skate clean what they have planned, while Mao was very close to do it, at NHK. Smile
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Mao's layout 3A/3F+2Lo/3Lz/CCoSp/2A+3T/3F+2Lo+2Lo/3S/FSSp/SlSt/3Lo/FCoSp/ChSp

Akko 3Lz/2A+3T/3Lo/CCoSp/FCSp/ChSp/3Lo+2T+2Lo/3Lz+2Lo/3F/3S/SlSt/FCCoSp

Kanako 3Lz/3Lo/3F/FSSp/LSp/ChSp/3Lo+2A+SEQ/3F+2A+SEQ/3T/SlSt/3S+2Lo+2Lo/CCoSp

Haruka 3T+3T/3Lz/3F/3Lo/CCoSp/3S+2T+2Lo/ChSp/3S+2T/2A/SlSt/LSp/FCSp

Nishino 3Lz+2T/3Lo/3T/CCoSp/FCoSp/ChSp/2A/3Lz/3T+2T+2Lo/3S/SlSt/LSp
Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:05 am

shikure wrote:

thanks shikure for the updates... so she's really gonna do a 3A for the free skate.... i'm so nervous but exited as well... i hope everything goes well later.. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:12 am

ashcroft1086 wrote:
shikure wrote:

thanks shikure for the updates... so she's really gonna do a 3A for the free skate.... i'm so nervous but exited as well... i hope everything goes well later.. Good luck!

島津: 女子公式練習Group4 22.浅田 曲かけで3Aッ降りる!何度も3Aに挑戦。エレメンツ職人。23.今井 完全に起きている。ジャンプ全部入っている。「3T-3Tは入れる」と、木曜日からお話でした。http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=400#400

22 Mao landed 3A in her fs run through and tried 3A several times.
23 Haruka is totally awaken (since they said she looks like having jet leg and sleepy last two days) and she planed to do 3T-3T

Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:19 am

shikure wrote:

島津: 女子公式練習Group4 22.浅田 曲かけで3Aッ降りる!何度も3Aに挑戦。エレメンツ職人。23.今井 完全に起きている。ジャンプ全部入っている。「3T-3Tは入れる」と、木曜日からお話でした。http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=400#400

22 Mao landed 3A in her fs run through and tried 3A several times.
23 Haruka is totally awaken (since they said she looks like having jet leg and sleepy last two days) and she planed to do 3T-3T

wow.. that's good news... Very Happy i hope her good run-through would translate into her performance later.. and one more thing.. though this is a bit shallow... i want mao to change her fs costume.... she wore that lavender dress last year at nationals.. i'm fine or okay with me if she will wear the dress from japan open last year.. that one is also pretty... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:12 am

宮原知子の演技がスタート。SPは47.06点で15位。シニア用のプログラムは最初にコレオスパイラルを持ってきた。トリプルルッツ-トリプルトゥループを着氷するとループ、フリップ、サルコウと立て続けに3回転ジャンプを決めていく。後半もダブルアクセル-トリプルトゥループ、トリプルルッツからの3連続を決め、パーフェクトの演技。場内はスタンディングオベーション。フリーの得点は116.79、合計163.85で暫定トップ。

Satoko Miyahara 3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 3F, 3S, second half 2A-3T, 3Lz2T2T,2A, perfect performance and standing ovation. scored 116.79!!!!!!, totally 163.85
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:30 am

Hello everyone!! Sorry for being so late to the party, but I had Christmas Eve stuff to do with my family (it's still the 24th here)... Sweatdrop

I finally got to watch the men's FS this afternoon...

Congrats to Dai for winning! Confetti
Congrats to Kozu for landing his quad!! Thumbs up! Really beautiful program! Love Hearts
Congrats to Yuzuru-kun for winning the FS!! Happy dance

I have to admit, I totally thought Yuzuru-kun deserved to win the FS! Sweatdrop I thought he would really be gunning for it since he messed up the 4T in the SP, and so I was so proud of him when he landed the 4T, 3A, and then 3A-3T-2T (?) in his program! Cheering (Yeah, you show those oniisans [older brothers] how the quad and 3A is done! Yep! )

And then I saw him concentrating so hard before the 3S because that's the thing he missed at the GPF--and then he popped it! Poor baby! Bawling

I have to admit, even though I love Dai and Taka-chan, I like Yuzuru's FS the best. Many Hearts I can't help but root for him because he reminds me of Mao--you can totally read whatever he is feeling on his face after he finishes his performance, and he is so adorable in the kiss & cry! Too sweet!

As for the ladies...

Well, I absolutely LOVE the music Kanako is using, and she had a higher base value, so I'm not so surprised about the scores there. But what I found more interesting was that Mao and Akiko were almost tied in PCS--although perhaps that was because the judges wanted to lift Akiko into 3rd? Question

To me, Mao looked pretty satisfied after her performance, but less satisfied during the K&C. I know she said she doesn't care about the score/placement, but I'm guessing that after she put down that clean performance, she was hoping to be scored higher...? Neutral

At any rate, it did make me think she totally wants to go for the 3A in the FS. pale That is what sets her apart technically from everyone else, so I think she wants to go for it.

I was also really surprised by how subdued the audience reaction was--but maybe that was because Mao herself looked only subdued satisfied instead of full-on, beaming smile, hopping up and down Mao. Yep!

I bet that if she kills it today, the crowd will go totally insane! Cheering

So, GOOOOOOO MAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheering Cheering

BTW, where did Kumiko-sensei disappear to after Mao's SP??? confused I feel totally gypped because we didn't get to see a Kumiko-sensei bear hug for Mao... Razz

Finally, in the interview after the SP, when they asked her about her performance, Mao said that she didn't know about the levels for the elements yet, but she thought she did everything she could--which is *EXACTLY* what Taka-chan said the day before. Too sweet! (Totally meant to be!!! Yep! Hell, no! Hell, no! )
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:32 am

shikure wrote:
宮原知子の演技がスタート。SPは47.06点で15位。シニア用のプログラムは最初にコレオスパイラルを持ってきた。トリプルルッツ-トリプルトゥループを着氷するとループ、フリップ、サルコウと立て続けに3回転ジャンプを決めていく。後半もダブルアクセル-トリプルトゥループ、トリプルルッツからの3連続を決め、パーフェクトの演技。場内はスタンディングオベーション。フリーの得点は116.79、合計163.85で暫定トップ。

Satoko Miyahara 3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 3F, 3S, second half 2A-3T, 3Lz2T2T,2A, perfect performance and standing ovation. scored 116.79!!!!!!, totally 163.85

Could you please post the link with live updates? Thank you flower
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:34 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
shikure wrote:

Could you please post the link with live updates? Thank you flower

here you go Smile
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/590
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:38 am

Thank you! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:41 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

When is the free skate going to start?
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

The first 2 groups already skated! cheers
Merry Christmas to you too!
Back to top Go down
sarahjoanne419

sarahjoanne419

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:43 am

it started already i think the 3rd group is having warmup now. risa shoji's next.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:43 am

Now is second to last warm-up with Risa sunny ganbare Risa!!!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:44 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

The first 2 groups already skated! cheers
Merry Christmas to you too!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering

What group is Mao? How long until do you think? Which website is the one that keeps updating the scores?
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:47 am

Mao is in the last group(group number 4), the forth one to go. Kanako is last. I'm watching the results here: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/590 (Shikure post it)
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:53 am

Agh, I wish there was an English translator like yesterday...
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:58 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Mao is in the last group(group number 4), the forth one to go. Kanako is last. I'm watching the results here: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/590 (Shikure post it)

Thank you so much! Aaaaahhhhhhh That means group 3 now, right? She's almost going to skate! Do you have an english webpage for it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next