Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread

Go down 
+34
Batsuchan
princessinpink
skfan
Afsfan
kaarolcia
COHK
ElleluvsL
linglang
koala_lover
roma
bellarina
skating_fanatic
Lady_in_black
cashley
fgr8sktrfn
chiyori
Star85
ddmm
maowataiyo
ashcroft1086
let`s talk
chapis
polosatik
Alokya
babayaga
josling
Abdiel
kaabi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
CraZsk8r
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
swan
shikure
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:04 am

how many hours do we still have to wait before the start of the ladies sp? Smile thanks..

maowataiyo thanks for the translation.. heheh.. sorry, my japanese is not as good as it was ten years ago when i was still studying it.. Smile)
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:17 am

I think the competition starts in about 3 hours
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/

No problem ashcroft. And you weren't wrong about the contents of the clip so there's no need for you to apologize because I think you're Japanese is great if you can comprehended all the things you wrote flower

It's Fuji that does lots of misleads with narration and caption stuff Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:26 am

I really thought she was talking about her mom because of all the dramatic scoring done by Fuji tv. I guess I really need to brush up on my japanese then. Very Happy Thanks again maowataiyo, I can't wait for the sp.. All the waiting makes me catatonic and unproductive at work.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:34 am

Same thing happens with me. Everything turns into a standstill during competition time Razz

I'm going to sleep a few hours to save my energy for Mao Sleep I don't think I'm gonna be up for the earlier skaters since Mao is skating in the middle. See you guys later! Yep! Cheering
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 am

This person is tweeting from the ladies practice:

https://twitter.com/#!/Eleonorad

According to what that person posted on FSU, Mao is still struggling with the 3A and popped all her attempts.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:39 am

Thanks ~*AAA*~ for the news link.

In this article Mao also says she thought she's in good condition at her first practice in Nice but since yesterday her body doesn't move as she wants.

Sato-sensei told her to practice 2A at the end of official practice (on the 28th). Mao says she will attempt 3A in SP and 2A is not her option.

It seems she's so determined. I do hope she has changed her mind by now or Mr. and Mrs. Sato will talk her into choosing 2A in SP, not letting her decide it for herself.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am

Are we going to have a World Championships competition thread or are we just going to change the title of this thread? Just wondering. I don't want to miss anything regarding the competition. It will start in one hour, right?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:49 am

bellarina wrote:
This person is tweeting from the ladies practice:

https://twitter.com/#!/Eleonorad

According to what that person posted on FSU, Mao is still struggling with the 3A and popped all her attempts.

I hope the Satos can talk her out of that 3A if she still can't land a clean one during warmup. I'm getting really worried. On the other hand, I love that person's tweet: "Mao's skating quality is stunning live" Lucky her! When will I ever see Mao skate live? Sad

I don't think I can watch a stream live even if there's one available. My connection isn't fast enough. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 am

if any of you guys find any live streams please post them!
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:18 am

Has anyone noticed the new banner for the forum? It's beautiful!

I can't find any live streams, though I sincerely hope I can catch the SP later in eurosport.. Mao is making me nervous; but I like to think that she's not trying to win by other's expectations. I hope Mao ends this year's worlds with a performance she is satisfied with.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:18 am

I'm a bit worried concerning Mao's 3A.
From what I read, the ice condition isn't very good and the ice is too soft in some parts. And I think it really showed during the short dance - you could really see the "shaved" ice flying in clouds.
It's more difficult to spot on YT videos due to poor quality, but look here at any time W/P are getting close to the rinkside (for example 2:42) - the blue line makes it easy to spot the flying ice. I haven't seen so much snow flying in an official competition in a long time.
This could explain the freak accidents in pairs. Too soft ice is tricky to skate on, because it's easy to lose the edge or trip over the rut made by previous skaters (or your own).

What concerns me, too soft ice can also make it more difficult to jump upper-tier edge jumps. Because the skater puts a lot of pressure on the blade during the take-off they might either sink too much into the ice and lose some speed (and underrotate the jump) or lose the edge and skid/fall, like Mao at Worlds 2008 or Nobunari at 4CC 2006.

I suspect that Mao might be hindered by the ice a bit, but doesn't want to give up on her 3A because it's not in her style to give up because of external circumstances.

Personally I just hope they'll sort out the problems with the ice before the next events. Worship

Abdiel wrote:

Thanks! Smile I wanted to make one with the new costumes (from 4CC), but I couldn't find any decent photos (the ones I could find were too pixelated/blurred to use). I hope there will be some good photos available after Worlds. flower

Last edited by Okami on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 am

I LOVE the new banner! Love Hearts

As for Mao and 3A, I understand why she doesn't want to give it up, but if she hasn't landed a single 3A, then yes she should go for 2A instead. Sometimes it's really frustrating to be her fan Razz I can't imagine how Mr. Sato must feel.
And landing one or two 3A a day back at home, it's not something I'd called good condition (imo).
And lets not forget who the tech controller is. pale
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:41 am

Hi everyone

I´m so exited, at the begining when i heard Mao was confident i was really happy, but knowing that the 3A is not going well during the practice... i feel so worried, PLUS the Amano factor... i´m on my nerves.

I really wisht the best for Mao, on my TV it apears on eurosport airing it at 16:00 h Spain time, i think maybe it is not live isn´t it?

Last edited by jkblues on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 am

Okami wrote:

I suspect that Mao might be hindered by the ice a bit, but doesn't want to give up on her 3A because it's not in her style to give up because of external circumstances.

Personally I just hope they'll sort out the problems with the ice before the next events. Worship

Our poor Mao now has two big hindrances: 1] Amano 2] the ice. Seems like the latter will be an even bigger threat as it affects her jumps the most and Amano can be his DG/UR happy self. I really, really hope Mao and her team will be able to overcome this. I want her to finally deliver clean Worlds performances.

OTOH, the banner is really beautiful, Okami! cheers
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:47 am

Okami wrote:

Abdiel wrote:

Thanks! Smile I wanted to make one with the new costumes (from 4CC), but I couldn't find any decent photos (the ones I could find were too pixelated/blurred to use). I hope there will be some good photos available after Worlds. flower
The new banner is so pretty! Thanks Okami for creating it and updating the look of the forum sunny

I am also worried and nervous about mao, but I guess she will do whatever she and the Satos want and feel like. I can oonly support her with all my heart. GOOOO MAO! Cheering Cheering

And I have found a working stream! It's showing ladies SP live right now! And it's working for me great so far *knocks on wood*
http://svtplay.se/v/2741037/vm_i_konstakning
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 am

kaarolcia wrote:
Okami wrote:

Abdiel wrote:

The new banner is so pretty! Thanks Okami for creating it and updating the look of the forum sunny

I am also worried and nervous about mao, but I guess she will do whatever she and the Satos want and feel like. I can oonly support her with all my heart. GOOOO MAO! Cheering Cheering

And I have found a working stream! It's showing ladies SP live right now! And it's working for me great so far *knocks on wood*

OMG i love you really, thanks so so so much.
in which place is Mao skating?

Last edited by jkblues on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 am

Love Love Love the new banner Love Hearts
Thanks Okami!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 am

My thought is exactly the same as most of you guys.

If her 3a is not stable now, there is no point of doing it. Contrary to what Mao says, I don't think that being able to jump 3a a couple of times at home means 'stable' and I never think that a 3a can be better in a matter of one or two days.
I am just sad to see the old Mao coming back, I mean her old way of thinking where she puts too much emphasize on 3a. She did even said before this season that she must now also remember that results are important.
I am sure M. Sato doesn't want her to try 3a. But it must not be easy to convince Mao.
Looking at other skaters' condition, if Mao does for her 3a in both LP and SP, I am not sure if she'll on he podium.
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 am

jkblues wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:

Mao is in the second to last group, skating first, just after her warm up. It should be around 15:12 Nice time, according to the official time schedule.
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:59 am

Thank you so much kaarolcia! You're a sweetheart Many Hearts

Beautiful job, Okami! Swoon Thanks for always making such beautiful layouts. You could tell how much thought and love was put into them- just like your avatar Yep! I loved the old banner because Mao reminded me of a Phoenix and what that symbolized, but this banner is equally exquisite and it captures Mao's elegance perfectly.

I am a bit worried about the ice conditions as well from reading everybody's comments about the way the competition has gone for pairs. I have zero knowledge of ice texture and such, but it also made me worry that the ladies got only to practice on the competition ice the first evening and the rest were on the sub-rink. I wish the skaters had more chances to skate on the actual competition rink so they could get more accustomed because I'm sure there's even small differences there. I remember a couple of years back, Daisuke once said it's really important to get the feel of the ice and each rink is different no matter what even if you try to replicate the exact same conditions like temperature settings and water used. And gathering from what Okami was explaining, there are probably striking differences for skaters of how they toe pick and time their jumps as well too because when Dai was talking about ice conditions, I remember him saying that the rink at that particular competition had ice was much harder than he was used to so it ate alot up of his stamina since he had to work that much more to increase his speed into the jumps.
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:00 am

kaarolcia wrote:
jkblues wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:

Mao is in the second to last group, skating first, just after her warm up. It should be around 15:12 Nice time, according to the official time schedule.

thank you twice. Cool
Back to top Go down
patknowsbest

patknowsbest

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:00 am

live stream please!! i will not miss this for the world! #GOMAO World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 23732
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:01 am

Here's another livestream link posted by Noriko @ the FB page: http://tvsport24.info/tv_social_online.php?channel=54

I can't watch. My connection is pretty bad of all days... Sad will just have to read the outcome later. Wishing Mao, Akiko and Kanako all the best!I hope Mao skates clean. Go Mao!!!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:04 am

Thank you roma! You're a sweetheart too! Love I was being geoblocked, but I didn't want to be ungrateful Bawling You guys are awesome! Woot!
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:07 am

Found on twitter: http://t.co/2j9vyTAF
From today's official practice

Patknowsbest, I'm watching this stream: http://svtplay.se/v/2741037/vm_i_konstakning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread   - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next