Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!

Go down 
+55
BowbowDaijin
silenceisgolden
pearlyriver
MaoChan756
dangerous_angel_face
kirakira
bellarina
sapphiresky
Mao2012
josling
cera
haruka25
Qian
ashcroft1086
tuyet
inskate
Sviatoslava
swan
klarification
dawnsherearequiet
kenkyo
Afsfan
illani
ElleluvsL
let`s talk
will_power
europeanfan
bibi
shar
WayCon
skfan
linglang
ddmm
Abdiel
babayaga
patknowsbest
qingshui
jkblues
Alokya
Eris
femariel
sadistyi
chapis
Star85
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
chiyori
kaarolcia
koala_lover
skating_fanatic
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
polosatik
shikure
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:36 am

Morozov rumor was started by a Japanese gossip magazine. It quoted an anonymous person (as always) from the Japanese figure skating circle who said Morozov was trying to sell him as a choreographer to the Asada team by contacting several people from JSF. Nobody can confirm if the magazine really interviewed this anonymous person or it made up a story.

Morozov and Mao ... no, no, no Disappointed

I hope TAT will recover soon and will be able to choreograph programs for skaters again, but I'm sorry to say, only for gala programs.

According to a sports magazine "number," Mr. Sato said "You dance as you skate. That’s figure skating competition. Having peculiar arm movements unique to a music does not mean a figure skating performance. When fluid gliding and acceleration/high speed match the music, it will make a performance mesmerizing."

When I read it I thought Mr. Sato was not favor of TAT's choreography. Mao's Scheherazade is one of my favorite programs, I love both the music and choreography. But, when I first saw the mini clip Mao released on her blog, I didn't like hectic arm movements done immediately after 3L. I was so happy they eliminated it from the competition program.

I assume why Mao's Scheherazade had low PCS while her Liebestraume got decent PCS at the same competitions (comparison within the same competition like 4CC and worlds) is because of choreography. It's a layperson's assumption so it may be wrong. It's sad judges didn't buy her SP as much as ordinary audience did.

I wonder if Mr. Sato will have some say in choreography... Anyway, there is a proposed rule change, Choreographic Sequence, so they have to wait for a while. As Shikure reported earlier, Mao is said to go to Canada this month to get her gala program done by Lori. I just hope Mr. Sato will take a good care of Mao.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:57 am

man this is getting more and more interesting, after hearing sato's comment i think he will try to persue her to try other choreographers, but who will be intersting
Back to top Go down
WayCon

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:33 pm

As an aside, I have to say, even after a show, Mao is amazing. When I watch her with the public, such as in:

浅田真央(mao asada) PIW 2012(4月29日) 触れ合いタイム ~ 抜粋総集編

she has enough time for each person. She acknowledges each person, pauses for a photo, turns slightly for the next. She has the patience of Job.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:24 am

I want to have some clips would really like to see maoperforming at PIW
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:57 am

This isn't news, but I was watching Mao's SP from Worlds again, and I just noticed that her attitude layback position has gotten incredible!! Look at this:

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Vlcsna10

Her free leg is sooo high! Her knee is barely bent and look at that turn out! And I can't get a good screen cap because I suck at this, but if you look at the video, it stays perfectly up and turned out when she switches to a sideways layback. Even Czisny's leg drops a little when she changes position and Nagasu drops it completely, though that's most likely due to the "look-at-me, no-spine!" arch in her back. If she was less bent backwards, she probably could hold her leg better through the air-cutter. I like that she drops it though, instead of hitting an ugly position with a bent knee like most girls. She knows she can't do it so she just puts her feet neatly together and it looks classy.

I hope Mao works some more on the speed of her spins this off-season. Her incredible positions (who else does a Y-spin like that? Alissa's is incredibly fast but I always found her position to be a bit awkward... The arm not holding her leg is clearly muscling through the spin to gain spin and isn't graceful at all) get very little acknowlegment.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

chiyori wrote:
This isn't news, but I was watching Mao's SP from Worlds again, and I just noticed that her attitude layback position has gotten incredible!! Look at this screen cap:

Her free leg is sooo high! Her knee is barely bent and look at that turn out! And I can't get a good screen cap because I suck at this, but if you look at the video, it stays perfectly up and turned out when she switches to a sideways layback. Even Czisny's leg drops a little when she changes position and Nagasu drops it completely, though that's most likely due to the "look-at-me, no-spine!" arch in her back. If she was less bent backwards, she probably could hold her leg better through the air-cutter. I like that she drops it though, instead of hitting an ugly position with a bent knee like most girls. She knows she can't do it so she just puts her feet neatly together and it looks classy.

I hope Mao works some more on the speed of her spins this off-season. Her incredible positions (who else does a Y-spin like that? Alissa's is incredibly fast but I always found her position to be a bit awkward... The arm not holding her leg is clearly muscling through the spin to gain spin and isn't graceful at all) get very little acknowlegment.

WOW, that's a stunning position! Love Hearts I agree, I hope she'll improve her speed of her spins as well, especially in bielman spin. Her Bielman postition is great, but she's really slow, so she looses ta-da moment. Her Y- spin though, is the best in the business, IMO. Yep!

I'm not a fan of Alissa's Y-spin, she looks so stiff when she puts her other arm down.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:45 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:
This isn't news, but I was watching Mao's SP from Worlds again, and I just noticed that her attitude layback position has gotten incredible!! Look at this screen cap:

WOW, that's a stunning position! Love Hearts I agree, I hope she'll improve her speed of her spins as well, especially in bielman spin. Her Bielman postition is great, but she's really slow, so she looses ta-da moment. Her Y- spin though, is the best in the business, IMO. Yep!

I'm not a fan of Alissa's Y-spin, she looks so stiff when she puts her other arm down.

That is a beautiful, beautiful layback.

In order for Mao to improve on her jumps and spins, she needs to gain more muscle weight, and she won't do that unless she gains body weight first. Take this from a skinny chick who had to go on a special diet to gain weight so I could build more muscle, and once I did that, I was able to do more with my body as oppose to when I was as thin as Mao. But considering she had to deal with her mom's sickness/death, it was only natural for her to lose a lot of weight. And when you are naturally thin, it will take a lot longer to gain it back. When my boyfriend died, I went from 98 lbs down to 80-85 lbs. And couldn't gain any weight for over 3 years.

Mao will be ok, she just needs to have the right ppl around her who has her best interest in mind. And did I mention this girl has one of the most beautiful well sculpted legs in her field. I sooooooooo want her legs. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:19 am

is it just me or are they taking forever to post the performances from piw on the internet
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:38 am

shar wrote:

Mao will be ok, she just needs to have the right ppl around her who has her best interest in mind. And did I mention this girl has one of the most beautiful well sculpted legs in her field. I sooooooooo want her legs. Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, I agree with you. I hope she'll be able to gain weight and muscles, but I think someone explained (can't remember if it was one of the forum members, or if I read it somewhere else) that in order for Mao to keep 3A she needs to stay very thin. If this is true, then IMO, 3A is NOT worth it!

About her legs, I'd like to have them as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
is it just me or are they taking forever to post the performances from piw on the internet

they will boradcast PIW on 5/20 or 5/21 but not yokohama session is toyohasi session, so no Mao and Taka in it.

ETA: finally officially website update http://maimao-asada.com/mao/news/2012/05/16/304/
she said she looks forward to the ladies' group number by Mai and Yuka (let's wait and see when the administrator will find out he/she got typo of yuka's name...she is 有香not 由香)
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 A43i6311
Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 A43i6410
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:58 am

thaaanks for the news shikure, Mao looooks great can't to see her new gala
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:38 am

Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:15 am

Morozov and Mao? Please... Nooo... No I hope it's only a rumor.

Thanks for all news guys Smile
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:52 am

I just randomly typed "Mao Asada" on twitter search and a result caught my eye:
Quote :
#MaoAsada at my home club getting choreography done with #Lori #Figure #Skating stuff lol Smile From: https://twitter.com/#!/Shaq34D/status/202447444766756866

Is this true? She's already having a program choreographed by Lori? If yes, I wonder what it'll be... *excited*

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:35 pm

roma wrote:
I just randomly typed "Mao Asada" on twitter search and a result caught my eye:
Quote :
#MaoAsada at my home club getting choreography done with #Lori #Figure #Skating stuff lol Smile From: https://twitter.com/#!/Shaq34D/status/202447444766756866

Is this true? She's already having a program choreographed by Lori? If yes, I wonder what it'll be... *excited*

Ype, most likely exhibition cause she mentioned it before Smile
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:17 pm

So does that mean that neither her SP or LP will be from Lori ? I like Lori but I hope It will be from someone else just for a change.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:44 pm

ddmm, I really hope Lori will only do an exhibition. I want Mao to try other choreographers -- see what side of Mao they'll show us in the new season. But please not Morozov. *shudders*
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks bibi for the clip link. In this video, Mao said she's leaving for Canada for her exhibition program. She also said she was able to put her feeling when performing Jupiter. So, she wants to choose a music again for the coming season with which she will be able to show her emotions in skating.

Rome, I think she is with Lori now for gala program. I too hope Mao will choose other choreographers. My wish is a male choreographer to check if it will work for Mao or not before Olympic season, Kenji Miyamoto or Camerlengo. It seems many skaters use Camerlengo next season.

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:28 am

Though I like Camerlengo choreo but mostly it related to men's programs. I wish Mao chooses even someone unknown or any Japanese choreographer. Also I have one crazy wish, I want a program for Mao done by Platov Razz
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:58 am

linglang wrote:
Thanks bibi for the clip link. In this video, Mao said she's leaving for Canada for her exhibition program. She also said she was able to put her feeling when performing Jupiter. So, she wants to choose a music again for the coming season with which she will be able to show her emotions in skating.

Rome, I think she is with Lori now for gala program. I too hope Mao will choose other choreographers. My wish is a male choreographer to check if it will work for Mao or not before Olympic season, Kenji Miyamoto or Camerlengo. It seems many skaters use Camerlengo next season.

Yes, Roma, I think like you and Linglang. I hope Mao does only the EX with Lori (sorry if my message was not clear). Miyamoto ! yes !
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:03 am

ddmm wrote:
linglang wrote:

Yes, Roma, I think like you and Linglang. I hope Mao does only the EX with Lori (sorry if my message was not clear). Miyamoto ! yes !
Well, Mao was always quite early on her choreo decisions. If she hasn't made it clear, I think she decided to use Lori only for Exhibition.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm

From Denis's twitter Very Happy

https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/50/91/70/atmz_g12.jpg

Good to know that they are having fun together. Razz
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:21 pm

linglang wrote:

Sweet Smile Thanks for the picture! Are they all in Canada working with Lori? And who is the girl in the middle?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

babayaga wrote:
linglang wrote:

Sweet Smile Thanks for the picture! Are they all in Canada working with Lori? And who is the girl in the middle?

That would be Mai Asada. I wonder what she is doing there...
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:37 am

Alokya wrote:
babayaga wrote:
linglang wrote:

That would be Mai Asada. I wonder what she is doing there...

Thanks! I didn't recognize her at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next