Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carolina Kostner

Go down 
+17
chapis
kisses
inskate
linglang
swan
l-spiralmao
shar
aoi88
Mao2012
silenceisgolden
polosatik
Lady_in_black
COHK
roma
Alokya
zarinaballerina
skating_fanatic
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am

On facebook International Figure Skating recently posted that Carolina Kostner will be sitting out of the Grand Prix circuit this fall. Does anybody know if she is only planning to sit out this year's Grand Prix or the entire season? I was just wondering if anyone else had any further information on this topic since she recently said she would be competing until Sochi.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:37 pm

There were rumours that she's having a surgery this summer (apparently she's been injured for quite some time now), so this might be a reason.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Speaking of Carolina, here is another thing she has to deal with. I saw the picture of her on the thumbnail and went - WHAT? There is a figure skater on Yahoo news! First time since Meryl/Charlie won worlds in 2011! However...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/gold-medal-winning-race-walker-alex-schwazer-relieved-173955426--oly.html
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:06 pm

WHAAAT??? are you kidding me?!!! This has to be the dumbest explenation, "excuse" I've ever heard. If he was so releived to be caught then why enter the Games in the first place. Lying to your girlfriend (assuming that Caro really didn't know), keeping the drug in the freaking refrigerator which you share with your girlfriend, and telling her it's just vitamines. halo?! what if Carolina would have accidentally taking it, not knowing what it was.
And he sounds like he was forced to do it. Rolling Eyes Sweety, it was your own decision, now face the music. Really stupid.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Carolina Kostner is currently competing at the 45th Golden Spin of Zagreb 2012 and won the SP with 64.99 points with 3Lo, 3T+3T and 2A. She mostly had level 4s except for the last spin. Honestly, I was expecting more for her PCS in this competition. It's Caro and she's the current WC. Don't have a video yet so can't really tell but 30.26 PCS is quite low for her esp in a senior B.

Protocols:
http://www.croskate.hr/media/ZP12/GSp12/GSp12_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:33 pm

BTW, here's Caro's SP & FS this season (both choreo by Lori)

SHORT PROGRAM : A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & THE DEVIL'S TRILL

"A Transylvanian Lullaby" from "Young Frankenstein"
Composer: John Morris
Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
&
"The Devil's Trill"
Composer: Tartini
Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pieta

LONG PROGRAM : BOLERO

Composer: M. Ravel
Conductor: Andre Previn & London Symphony Orchestra
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY5GW01udZ0 Caro's SP from Golden spin of Zagreb. She got 64.99. All level four except for the layback(level 3) and pretty low PCS, especially her skating skills(only 7.67). I was surprised to see her getting lower score than Ashley at GPF, I mean she has a 3-3 and can skate circles around Ashley, her overall skating is much much better. Not to mention her steps. Anyway, I cam a Caro fan so I might be subjective but I like the program a lot.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:24 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY5GW01udZ0 Caro's SP from Golden spin of Zagreb. She got 64.99. All level four except for the layback(level 3) and pretty low PCS, especially her skating skills(only 7.67). I was surprised to see her getting lower score than Ashley at GPF, I mean she has a 3-3 and can skate circles around Ashley, her overall skating is much much better. Not to mention her steps. Anyway, I cam a Caro fan so I might be subjective but I like the program a lot.
No, I'm very surprised too. Caro skating skills are the best among ladies, even I'm Yuna and Mao fan. What judges were smoking? Suspect And WOW! I love that short program, can possible became my favourite this season. And Carolina seems like in good shape! Her jumps are pretty good, her spins are ok, footwork is stunning! Can't wait to see Caro at Euros!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 am

Finally, a video link. Thanks!

From the looks of it her skate was very good. I love the steps, too. And that speed! That's why like you I'm stumped why this low PCS to think this was a B comp and she's the reigning WC. Aren't they supposed to mark higher? If Yuna can get almost 35 for that lackluster SP (sorry, am mostly remembering those slow steps) then all the more Caro deserves a high PCS, too. Somebody even dared to give her 6.75 for PE. Question Shocked

Can't wait to see her Bolero.

Btw, when is her next comp? Is it Euros?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 am

roma wrote:

From the looks of it her skate was very good. I love the steps, too. And that speed! That's why like you I'm stumped why this low PCS to think this was a B comp and she's the reigning WC. Aren't they supposed to mark higher? If Yuna can get almost 35 for that lackluster SP (sorry, am mostly remembering those slow steps) then all the more Caro deserves a high PCS, too. Somebody even dared to give her 6.75 for PE. Question Shocked

Most likely so. But she can enter Italian Nationals too, it's at 19-22 December.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 am

OT but, hasn't Adelina competed?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
No, she wasn't there. Smile
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:07 am

polosatik wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
No, she wasn't there. Smile

Thanks!
I thought I had seen her name on the list before.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:45 am

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:

Most likely so. But she can enter Italian Nationals too, it's at 19-22 December.
She will!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 am

Wow. I think I already like this program a lot. May become my favorite SP. She was underscored here! I like how there is tension in all of her movements that goes along with the music. This is something I hope to see more of in the beginning of Mao's Swan Lake program, where the music is very dramatic. It requires her to display more power and tension.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRevSNTNMKc Сarolina's FS. Very good program1 While she struggled at technical part, choreography is really good! I love Carolina creativeness in her movements, can't wait to see her compete!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:48 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Wow. I think I already like this program a lot. May become my favorite SP. She was underscored here! I like how there is tension in all of her movements that goes along with the music. This is something I hope to see more of in the beginning of Mao's Swan Lake program, where the music is very dramatic. It requires her to display more power and tension.

I agree about Mao's Swan Lake. I think she needs to emote more passion in her movement during the first half of the program, but I can also see why she doesn't. I think she worries too much about getting her jumps right, so she focuses less on skating with passion. And you know she's very capable of doing it, because she does it all the time during her exhibitions, where she not being scored.

I hope that coach Sato helps her with that, because I know her lack of passion is due to her being nervous and being pressured by her country to win. But bringing more emotion in her program will get her higher pc scores from the judges. I mean that's where Yuna gets some of her inflated scores from, being dramatic on ice.

P.S., I love both of Caro's SP & FS, It's much better then Yuna's. Now if she and Mao gets their jumps together, there will be a three way battle going into Worlds.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:

Love Hearts I love how this program is so quietly dramatic-it's one of my favorites of hers. Amazing 3lo Many Hearts I really don't get her SS scores as she has the best SS of everyone competing.

Lady in black-you're not biased as I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Kostner but I love this program.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:05 pm

roma wrote:
Carolina Kostner is currently competing at the 45th Golden Spin of Zagreb 2012 and won the SP with 64.99 points with 3Lo, 3T+3T and 2A. She mostly had level 4s except for the last spin. Honestly, I was expecting more for her PCS in this competition. It's Caro and she's the current WC. Don't have a video yet so can't really tell but 30.26 PCS is quite low for her esp in a senior B.

Protocols:
http://www.croskate.hr/media/ZP12/GSp12/GSp12_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

And here's the FS Protocols:

http://www.croskate.hr/media/ZP12/GSp12/GSp12_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks for the video and protocols.

This is another very good program for her. I see level 4 on all the non-jump elements but had some jump problems. Still, I don't think they affected her presentation much and her Bolero is interesting.

It's just interesting to note that her skate here has almost the same base value as Mao's NHK and Mao even got higher TES by more than 5 points. So far haven't read anything that bad regarding her FS except for a couple of comments left on Aunt Joyce's post. Hope she won't get the same amount of bashing Mao got after NHK.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 pm

roma wrote:
Thanks for the video and protocols.

This is another very good program for her. I see level 4 on all the non-jump elements but had some jump problems. Still, I don't think they affected her presentation much and her Bolero is interesting.

It's just interesting to note that her skate here has almost the same base value as Mao's NHK and Mao even got higher TES by more than 5 points. So far haven't read anything that bad regarding her FS except for a couple of comments left on Aunt Joyce's post. Hope she won't get the same amount of bashing Mao got after NHK.

She won't. Most of Mao bashers are Yuna-bots, and they aren't threatened by Caro like they are of Mao. If you notice, Mao's bashing had mostly died down until Yuna announced her return. I don't understand their blind hatred. But I do wish the best for Mao, Yuna, Caro, Akiko, and all of the WC hopefuls to do their best. Screw the haters.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:52 pm

i've grown to love carolina kostner, especially after this past year. her shostashkovic program is probably my favorite program of all time. i love and appreciate her abstract style and her effort to use music that is very difficult to interpret (how i would love to see this more often in exchange of the direct, theatrical, easy to interpret style most skaters seem to use). carolina has THE BEST jump technique in the ladies' field (i used to give this to yu-na until carolina did amazing things last season) when she's on (she's rusty here, but this is expected in a debut performance). i'm very delighted to see her interpretation of bolero and i'm very happy of the result. she's so good at executing unusual and unique shapes and it keeps the program very interesting. carolina, thanks so much for not retiring yet! i hope to see you on the podium throughout the season! flower
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 am

I really like her SP music, but so far I'm not a fan of her LP. I'll have to wait to see it on Eurosport at Euros, but somehow I can't imagine Caro and Bolero in the same sentence. Who knows, maybe in a month time I'll be blown away by it.

If Lori will choreograph one of Mao's programs next year, I really hope she'll give her a masterpiece. She does good choreo for Caro.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 pm

wow, did lori nichol really choreograph carolina's short program? i'm amazed because it's much different than what i'm used to seeing from lori. it's more theatrical than usual, but i like it because it isn't overdramatic with fakery all over the place. in fact, i'm loving the program Love Hearts !
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 am

I found this live stream link
http://fisg.idealweb.tv/live/

Will Caro skate after pair?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carolina Kostner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carolina Kostner   Carolina Kostner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carolina Kostner
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next