Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA

Go down 
+5
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
inskate
ElleluvsL
dangerous_angel_face
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Empty
PostSubject: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:51 pm

The second junior grand prix event is about to start.

Go Satoko ! Cheering
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Satoko finished the short program in first place with 54.76 Cheering
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:20 am

A lot of impressive skaters in this competition... I was quite impressed with Satoko and Angela, I especially loved their SPs. Courtney had nice spins and speed, Evgenia's also quite fast (both of them could improve their flow and control, though). Kiri, So Youn and Kako need to work on their jumps, but have nice presentation and skating skills. Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 am

I love watching junior competitions, there are so many amazing talents, hopefully all of them will survive the puberty. I like Satoko, she's a cutie, but her jumps are really small. Maybe they'll become bigger as she grows older...

It was sad seing an almost empty arena though. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:31 am

It was disheartening seeing the empty arena during Satoko's SP. I thought Lake Placid is an important event for juniors. It's like only the relevant journalists and a few FS fans occupied the arena. Btw, it's nice to see that Satoko has improved a lot over just one year. Her body movement and expression are much more mature now.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:23 am

Satoko won lake Placid. I really like her LP. unfortunately she got an "e" on both of her lutzes.

Her LP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTvVgzKtD4&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:12 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Satoko won lake Placid. I really like her LP. unfortunately she got an "e" on both of her lutzes.

...Which was weir, because she never got an "e" on her Lutz internationally... In fact, I think the only "e" she ever got was on flip..? (Or maybe I'm mistaking her with somebody else). ANyway, her Lutzes looked okay to me, although it's difficult to tell from the angle the videos were shot. In any case, she wasn't lilting to the inside so hopefully she'll be able to easily fix any issue that the TC might have had problem with...

I loved the choreo in Angela's SP and Satoko's LP (both by Tom Dickson, apparently). Although if I never hear Nino Rota's R&J after this season it will be too soon. Hell, no!

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 pm

I found Angela Wang's FS! Is her music Ladies in Lavender? Smile Anyway, she looks like she has a solid 3Lz+3T! Very interested in this girl.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:36 pm

inskate wrote:

I loved the choreo in Angela's SP and Satoko's LP (both by Tom Dickson, apparently). Although if I never hear Nino Rota's R&J after this season it will be too soon. Hell, no!

Laugh I feel you. Yep! For me it's Concerto for Aranjuez, I really hope, the senior skaters will take pitty on me and will spare my ears this particular piece. Looking at the skaters' music choices, you would think that there are only 50 music choices available.

And I wish skaters would use Dickson's choreography more often. I like his work.

klarification wrote:
I found Angela Wang's FS! Is her music Ladies in Lavender? Anyway, she looks like she has a solid 3Lz+3T! Very interested in this girl.

Yep, It's Ladies in Lavender. She's good.

Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Tomorrow next JGP, in Austria this time! Laughing Here are the ladies entries:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027910.htm
Radionova again!! cheers Woot! Notable changellers: Polina Agafonova, Hae Jin Kim, Risa Shoji, Hannah Miller and maybe Samantha Cesario...
Tomorrow Men, Pairs and Ice Dance!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm

will there be some free stream avaalable tommorow
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:42 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
will there be some free stream avaalable tommorow
No, I don't think, just the ISU channel, they wouldn't permit a streaming when that channel is on, they started itr because no one ever bought the rights to show the JGP (I think I read it somewhere...)
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm

i see well hopefully the videos will be loaded soon, but damn the whole experience is soo better when it's live!
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:53 pm

http://www.isuresults.com/events/JGP-AUT_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

seems it'll be another week before we can see Radionova and the other JGP stars... so... to pass the time Smile here are some beautiful JGP Lake Placid videos posted by a fan from the stand (not the official youtube channel of ISU)

Angela Wang SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7q4EkyED0

Angela Wang FS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-0v1ZoCZ3I

Alaine Chartrand FS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ZMfCITt1M

Courtney Hicks SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYb0fXCZk9s&feature=channel&list=UL

Courtney Hicks official practice SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAkOJ30OVlQ&feature=plcp

So-Youn Park FS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QwZXiJWr0k

https://www.youtube.com/user/spiral9509
this is the user's channel, where you can also find videos for other skaters like Ji-Hyun Byun, June-Hyoung Lee

I'm not sure how many other vids from Lake Placid will be shared. I haven't seen Satoko's vids from this user yet. Anyway, it's nice to see the skating from a slightly different angle.

Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:52 am

Oh, I just realized that JGP Austria is next week Razz Sorry...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA   ISU Junior Grand Prix  Lake Placid, USA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid, USA
Page 1 of 1