Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara

Go down 
+12
Batsuchan
clovera
kitkat00
chapis
bibi
zakkan
Star85
coconut
Maxgato
Oscilla
Aibhlin
inskate
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Empty
PostSubject: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:21 am

I really like those two young skaters! Thumbs up! They are coached by Mao's former coach Machiko Yamada. They are at at Novice level.

Recent video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q185naM7-4

Sayaka's EX, Novice Asian Trophy 2007 (she won, scoring way higher than novice boys or junior girls)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eNtkhFc42c

Kanako montage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-VP1Uc6Pg

Another montage featuring a lot of talented novice & junior skaters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLApCiEPPQ
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm also very interested in these young up-and-coming skaters.

Does anyone know if they have been assigned any international competitions this season (beside JGP Madrid)?

I've read that Murakami will probably get the JGP Sheffield spot as well. Can anyone confirm this? confused
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Aibhlin wrote:

I've read that Murakami will probably get the JGP Sheffield spot as well. Can anyone confirm this? confused

Although the official roster isn't updated yet, I think it's highly probable that Kanako will get a spot at Sheffield along with Yukiko Fujisawa, as JSF usually sends to the last JGP event those skaters who placed the highest in their first competition. Smile

Here is the official roster, it should be updated soon:
http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00006392.htm
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:36 am

Thank you for your answer.

It seems there's already been a change at the JGP Republic of South Africa (but not involving Murakami, though).
Back to top Go down
Maxgato

Maxgato

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 pm

I wish Kanako had gotten a spot at Junior Worlds this season -she did so well on the Jr. Grand Prix!
I adore Caroline but was sad Japan didn't medal...
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 am

Sorry, to revive such an old thread but I've been wondering what has become of Sayaka Matsubara. I know Murakami has been winning competitions and breaking her own personal bests but I've heard nothing at all about Matsubara and she seemed so graceful and promising to my naked eye during the previous seasons. Does anyone have any info at all about her? Did she quit skating or is she not skating as well anymore?
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Aibhlin wrote:
Sorry, to revive such an old thread but I've been wondering what has become of Sayaka Matsubara. I know Murakami has been winning competitions and breaking her own personal bests but I've heard nothing at all about Matsubara and she seemed so graceful and promising to my naked eye during the previous seasons. Does anyone have any info at all about her? Did she quit skating or is she not skating as well anymore?

Sayaka didn't quit yet, but she's not doing good. pale
She placed 17th at Western Japan Jr.Championship this summer.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:00 pm

I didn't see this thread before. The first two videos are now removed, and I wasn't able to watch them Sad. I was able to watch Kanako though. She's really great! Very pretty too. She's gonna be a knock out when she gets older!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:49 am

Quote :
Sayaka didn't quit yet, but she's not doing good. pale
She placed 17th at Western Japan Jr.Championship this summer.

Ouch. That's not very promising... pale
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:07 am

kanako was 5th on 09 japan nationals! congrats!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:08 pm

bibi wrote:
cutee!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ec8hXSvJQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=Kcy4zqRqDTY&feature=sub
What does she says about Mao at the end?

I don´t understand nothing, but Kanako is suuuuper cute!! Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Ahhh Kanako is really so cute! It looked like she was talking about how she considers Mao so high above her. But I don't know...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Another adorable Kanako fluff with bits of Mao too! Many Hearts
bibi wrote:
What does she says about Mao at the end?
The narrator was mentioning Mao whom Kanako admires very much, and how Kanako might be Mao's rival in the future. Kanako is flattered by this, and mentions -

Kanako: Even if I skate perfectly and Mao-chan makes a mistake...I don't think I'll be able to catch up to her. It's like (the difference between) heaven and earth.
Narrator: How big of a gap (distance) is there between heaven (Mao) and earth (Kanako)?
Kanako: Like a god - in the high heavens - to the floor! Razz
Narrator: How much of a gap will you like to see it become in the future?
Kanako: Mao-chan will be...up in the sky as a cloud, while I'll be a house. I'll do my best to lessen the distance. Very Happy

So kitkat00 got the basic idea right. I love you It'll be such a treat to see the two compete in the same competition again!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:41 pm

thank you Clovera. mmm, this japanese skaters why all of they have to be so good? , if Kanako go to seniors this season then to choose the world team will be a nightmare again with Mao, Miki, Akiko, Fumie and now Kanako too WOW! .
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:20 pm

thank you sooo much !! :O)
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks bibi for the clip, and thanks to clovera for translating! flower

I thought Mao's comments in the middle were kinda funny for what she didn't quite say...like she was hesitating whether or not to call Kanako "Kana-chan" or probably something more formal. And then she was like, "I'm the older one, but...well, she's like a little sister." I almost felt like she was going to say something more like, "I'm the older one, but it feels like we're the same age!" Razz

Kana-chan was soo cute at the end where she kept being like, Mao's so good, so above me, I can't touch her. Wub

As for the uniform blazer that Mao gave to Kanako, we now have two conflicting stories. Kana-chan claims that she asked Mao if she could have it, and Mao said yes. Mao said that Kana-chan's mom asked Mao's mom about it. Suspect

MY guess is that they're both right: Kana-chan probably asked Mao, and Mao happily agreed to it--and then completely forgot about it. Hell, no! So then Kana-chan's mom asked Mao's mom and that's how she finally got the blazer. ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm

I'll just post this news here, since Yuzuru's thread was located a tad higher on the Other Skaters section prior to me posting this. Razz

http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/news/20100525k0000m050073000c.html

The JSF just announced their 特別強化選手list a few hours ago (I guess you can compare it to USFS's "A" Team Envelope in terms of funding and support) and both Kanako and Yuzuru made the list! Cheering

The rest of the members are:
Dai
Tono
Kozu
Tatsuki Machida

Mao
Miki
Akiko
Haruka Imai

The JSF website isn't updated yet; also, Fumie is off the list for the first time in years (she's listed as 強化指定A, which is more or less Team "B" if this was the USFS). I must say I'm not too surprised by this decision. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:36 pm

I was so happy for everyone! I can't wait to see all of them in the Grand Prix this season Very Happy It seems they picked everyone by nationals results so it makes sense that Fumie wouldn't be on there.

The website hasn't updated but is there a full list out yet? I'm interested in seeing where everyone fell.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:54 pm

clovera wrote:
I'll just post this news here, since Yuzuru's thread was located a tad higher on the Other Skaters section prior to me posting this. Razz

http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/news/20100525k0000m050073000c.html

The JSF just announced their 特別強化選手list a few hours ago (I guess you can compare it to USFS's "A" Team Envelope in terms of funding and support) and both Kanako and Yuzuru made the list! Cheering

The rest of the members are:
Dai
Tono
Kozu
Tatsuki Machida

Mao
Miki
Akiko
Haruka Imai

The JSF website isn't updated yet; also, Fumie is off the list for the first time in years (she's listed as 強化指定A, which is more or less Team "B" if this was the USFS). I must say I'm not too surprised by this decision. Sweatdrop

Yeah! Especially excited for Kanako! She skates so beautifully and i always enjoy watching her programs! Happy dance
Yuzuru is just plain awesome, he has a freaking ina bauer! Love

And yes i don't think anyone is too surprised about Fumie's placement either silent
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Latest Kanako clip courtesy of Chukkyo Figure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKuFafenls4

- Quick Summary -
Like a Star @ heaven For Kanako, a typical day consists of: waking up, going to school by getting on the train, and then riding the train again to the school rink
Like a Star @ heaven She made a lot of delightful friends Razz
Like a Star @ heaven It looks like Mao handed down her vests and blouse in addition to the school's blazer this spring (the vest Kanako is wearing in the interview used to be Mao's)
Like a Star @ heaven Kanako's EX for the new season utilizes a tambourine and a chair; she mentions how it's sexy in the beginning but gets extreme and difficult later on Laugh
Like a Star @ heaven The new EX is to a movie theme

I wonder how tall Kanako is now, because she appears taller here.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm

It is said Kanako' s EX is Movie Soundtrack.
I think it will be some kind of Gypsy theme (tamborine and chair).
She reminds me Esmeralda in a part of "Topsy Turvy" in
Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Any news on Kanako's EX?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
Any news on Kanako's EX?
"Be Italian" has been confirmed as her new EX ever since DOI took place. Yep!

None of the reports I found so far seem to recognize the music of what is apparently her SP though. Argh. Fried
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara   Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kanako Murakami & Sayaka Matsubara
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next