Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A short Kanako article that mentions Mao

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Empty
PostSubject: A short Kanako article that mentions Mao   A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi everyone! I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I just started a new thread. A short Kanako article that mentions Mao 570713

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/other/090930/oth0909300814002-n1.htm

[Figure skating] Continuing from Mao! 14-year old Murakami is a 'cute child close to you'

Kanako Murakami (Grand Prix Toukai club), who had an overwhelming victory at the recent Junior Grand Prix Poland competition, is a 14-year old for whom Machiko Yamada, the famous coach of Albertville Olympics silver medalist Midori Ito and Mao Asada (Chuukyou University), has great expectations.

Last season when she won a Junior Grand Prix competition for the first time, she placed fourth at the Junior Grand Prix Final among the series' top competitors. At Japan Nationals she finished an impressive 7th. Coach Yamada spoke of her charm by saying, "She doesn't leave an overwhelming impression like Mao, but she is growing steadily. If Mao is an angel descended from the floating world, Kanako is that bright, cute child near and dear to everyone." From last season, she has increased her practice time about 2 hours and now spends about 6-7 hours on the rink each day, and now her jumps are stable. She is aiming to learn triple-triple combinations and other new techniques.

Her goal for this season is to appear at the JGP Final for the second time and to make her first appearance at Junior Worlds. "In the future, more than going to the Olympics, I want to become a figure skating teacher." That unselfishness is just another part of her charm.

Aww, how cute! A short Kanako article that mentions Mao 420949 Go Kanako! A short Kanako article that mentions Mao 23732

I'm totally out of the loop, but didn't she already win two competitions (and therefore guaranteed spot in JGP Final)? A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Confused If not, I hope she does.

I am in love with this description of Mao as an angel of the floating world! That's too perfect! That fleeting beauty associated with the 'floating world' - that's so fitting for Mao! A short Kanako article that mentions Mao 5534 [I think we need an angel smiley!]
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: A short Kanako article that mentions Mao   A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:29 am

Thank you for sharing the article, Batsuchan! flower

I've always loved the cheerful, humble demeanor of Kanako and the honesty in her skating. I watched parts of the recent performance in the regionals found her toe jump techniques were much improved. cheers

Her competitive performances are becoming more and more stable, particularly her entries to her jumps and use of upper body in the step sequences. She IS maturing v. steadily. Nothing delights me more to be able to bear witness to a skater's growth. Love Hearts

I think what drew me to figure skating in the first place was their strong determination and the pure love for skating that sparkled in the athletes' eyes. This is what makes a performance special for me and makes me want to stand up and applaud the skaters, irrespective of the scores they receive. I've always been able to find these qualities in Kanako.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: A short Kanako article that mentions Mao   A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Thank you, Batsuchan, for translating! It was a great article. cheers

Quote :
If Mao is an angel descended from the floating world, Kanako is that bright, cute child near and dear to everyone.

Aww. Wub
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: A short Kanako article that mentions Mao   A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Aww. I love you

It's great to see Kanako progress and improve. Very little was expected of her in the beginning because of shaky results at Novice A/B; it really wasn't until her successful junior debut last year that she began to be noticed. Since then she has worked on her spins, her speed, her jumps (including getting the 3 loop) and she established herself as a competitive and consistent performer on the junior circuit. I'm so happy for her. Yep!

I hope she'll do well at JGP Croatia and make it to the finals for the second year in a row. cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A short Kanako article that mentions Mao   A short Kanako article that mentions Mao Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A short Kanako article that mentions Mao
Page 1 of 1