Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!

Go down 
+55
mini34ans
cera
whiteboots2013
europeanfan
shar
let`s talk
Batsuchan
skating_fanatic
AmazingGraceMao
☆Genie
Lady_in_black
COHK
Dani-Chan
josling
klarification
kisses
Abdiel
l-spiralmao
KariDebate
joyfuls
bellarina
dangerous_angel_face
bibi
patknowsbest
CraZsk8r
sapphiresky
aoi88
pearlyriver
Ken Himura
kitty
illani
tigster
kenkyo
babayaga
chapis
Star85
BowbowDaijin
chiyori
PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
silenceisgolden
Mao2012
kirakira
MaoChan756
shikure
Alokya
linglang
swan
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
maowataiyo
roma
inskate
ddmm
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 am

Mao2012 wrote:
As far as I know, Midori Ito is the only lady who has landed clean 3As in EX, maybe Mao will become the second? Woot! And, as I said before, a SP with 3A, 3F+3x, 3Lz would be something incredible, the difficultest ever planned by a lady I believe...
And, if Mao does this layout for the FS: 3Lo, 3A, 3F+3T, 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo, 3F+2Lo, that would be an 8-triples program!! Is a lady even allowed to do this? It wouldn't actually break the Zayak rule... study

Mao landed clean 3A in 2007 EX with her dog aero lol!

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:
As far as I know, Midori Ito is the only lady who has landed clean 3As in EX, maybe Mao will become the second? Woot! And, as I said before, a SP with 3A, 3F+3x, 3Lz would be something incredible, the difficultest ever planned by a lady I believe...
And, if Mao does this layout for the FS: 3Lo, 3A, 3F+3T, 3Lz, 3S, 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo, 3F+2Lo, that would be an 8-triples program!! Is a lady even allowed to do this? It wouldn't actually break the Zayak rule... study

I definitely remember this. flower Japan Super Challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CAHA7GYIF4

---
And yes, that recent 3A lacked height. But then the rink and lighting may be a factor. Lets see in succeeding shows if she'll continue to try it. I hope she does. Make her comfy with it in that program.

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 am

linglang wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgkDgzMFZuw

Mai has become a Monday sportscaster for a Nagoya TV station.
She chose Mao as her first athlete to cover and went to see the nationals.
She gave a surprise dinner to celebrate Mao winning the national tile.
(After toast)
Mai: It’s delirious and easy to drink.
Mao: No …
Mai: How do you like it?
Mao: It’s like alcohol.
Mai: I know you can drink only plum wine.
Mao: If it’s plum wine and soda.
Mai: It’s Dec. 24 and Christmas eve, isn’t it? When was the last time we spent time together on Christmas eve?
Mao: When I was in the sixth grade. I started to compete at nationals when I was a sixth grader. So, we didn’t have Charismas eve since then.
Mai: That’s right. We were away from home (on Christmas eve). Well, the season still continues though, the last game for this year ended. How was it?
Mao: The first half of the 2012 season ended. At the beginning of this season, I was wondering how much I could return to my previous form, in terms of the level and in terms of performance – I started the season as such. Now the first half is over and I think I got better results than I had anticipated and I had better performances than I had imagined. So next I will strive for further improvement from here. I will eventually be able to achieve my goals just starting from here. I think I’ve finally built the basis.
(clip)
Mai: You’ve been reworking on jumps. You had been doing jumps in your own ways for about ten years. But, you wanted to correct them. To put it simply, it’s as difficult as things like a person switches from right-handed to left-handed, isn’t it? What was the biggest reason that you wanted to rework or correct your jumps?
Mao: Because I struggled so much with my jumps.
Mai: You struggled.
Mao: When I was a child, my body was light and I landed jumps without thinking anything. Such situation continued for some years. Then, I got taller and started to be exposed to various pressures. I think that affected jump timing to change little by little. Then, I started to struggle with combination jumps. I couldn’t do them as I wanted. I started to feel something is wrong. I was able to manage them at Olympics because I repeatedly practiced, practiced and practiced. I think 3As owe a lot to practices. But I knew I reached the limit. Right after Vancouver, I wanted to correct them and I started it immediately.
(clip)
Mai: You didn’t do 3A in competition this season. Was there any decision you made for that?
Mao: I reduced 3A practices this season compared to last season, just by doing them to maintain a good sense of it. Anyway last season jumps other than 3A were also inconsistent. I was in a situation that 3A was not the least of the problems. So this season I wanted to build on the basis by focusing on what I can do without 3A. That’s the reason why I didn’t include 3A in competitive programs. Also, the success rate of 3A was not 100% at practices so I understood that 3A would not be ratified even if I tried it at competitions.
Mai: You have been competing (with 3A) and when it comes to Mao Asada people tend to associate it with 3A. But you put 3A aside with no hesitation this season and you were able to compete without it. Was there any big reason for you to be able to do so?
Mao: Previously I wanted to fight it out. While I was annoyed and racked with 3A so much, 3A was a competitive edge for me and it helped me to stay strong. But a few seasons back 3A started to deteriorate and my strong mind started to falter. Partly because I was on jump rework but I was competing with everything unstable and then the results were like that. So, this season I wanted to first of all focus on those … easy … I don’t think it’s easy … but basic jumps, I wanted to focus them until when I feel fine about jumps and stay away from 3A to forget about it.
(clip)
Mao: Starting from this season, I understand Nobuo-sensei’s instructions better and better. Since I went to Nobuo-sensei, I reworked skating skills too. We started from it. I was wondering if I was doing right and I understood what he said but I couldn’t do it as he said. I tried but couldn’t do it. Such situation continued. So I questioned if I was doing right from time to time. And then I realized this is what I should do! Then I experienced “this is it!” more and more. Now finally my body can react to Nobuo-sensei’s instructions quickly. I think everything is working well like that now.
(clip)
Mai: 2013. What will 2013 be?
Mao: My goal for 2013 is “full recovery.”
Mai: “Full recovery.” When I meet media reporters they often tell me that Mao is recovering or Mao has recovered. They say “recovery” but you say “full recovery.” What do you mean by “full”?
Mao: After all, 3A and 3-3 combination. To start with, I want to include either of them in a program and nail it at competition.
Mai: By “full” you means 3A and 3-3 in a program.
Mao: I mean either of them in a program. Then, I will be satisfied. Finally other than 3A, I feel (good) about jump quality and skating too. I think I will need to make one step forward.
(clip)
Mr. Sato: As far as I’ve been looking after her, I think her 3A is in her best now. This is my desire though, I want her to try it.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I feel relieved that Mao will not attempt 3A and 3-3 at a time.
But, selfish me wants Mao to regain 3-3 too. geek
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am

roma wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:

I definitely remember this. flower Japan Super Challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CAHA7GYIF4

---
And yes, that recent 3A lacked height. But then the rink and lighting may be a factor. Lets see in succeeding shows if she'll continue to try it. I hope she does. Make her comfy with it in that program.

Thanks roma, I was looking for the link. flower

Thanks Linglang for the translation. I so want to see she do a 3F3T. Good luck!

Last edited by AmazingGraceMao on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 pm

linglang wrote:
linglang wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgkDgzMFZuw

Mai has become a Monday sportscaster for a Nagoya TV station.
She chose Mao as her first athlete to cover and went to see the nationals.
She gave a surprise dinner to celebrate Mao winning the national tile.
(After toast)
Mai: It’s delirious and easy to drink.
Mao: No …
Mai: How do you like it?
Mao: It’s like alcohol.
Mai: I know you can drink only plum wine.
Mao: If it’s plum wine and soda.
Mai: It’s Dec. 24 and Christmas eve, isn’t it? When was the last time we spent time together on Christmas eve?
Mao: When I was in the sixth grade. I started to compete at nationals when I was a sixth grader. So, we didn’t have Charismas eve since then.
Mai: That’s right. We were away from home (on Christmas eve). Well, the season still continues though, the last game for this year ended. How was it?
Mao: The first half of the 2012 season ended. At the beginning of this season, I was wondering how much I could return to my previous form, in terms of the level and in terms of performance – I started the season as such. Now the first half is over and I think I got better results than I had anticipated and I had better performances than I had imagined. So next I will strive for further improvement from here. I will eventually be able to achieve my goals just starting from here. I think I’ve finally built the basis.
(clip)
Mai: You’ve been reworking on jumps. You had been doing jumps in your own ways for about ten years. But, you wanted to correct them. To put it simply, it’s as difficult as things like a person switches from right-handed to left-handed, isn’t it? What was the biggest reason that you wanted to rework or correct your jumps?
Mao: Because I struggled so much with my jumps.
Mai: You struggled.
Mao: When I was a child, my body was light and I landed jumps without thinking anything. Such situation continued for some years. Then, I got taller and started to be exposed to various pressures. I think that affected jump timing to change little by little. Then, I started to struggle with combination jumps. I couldn’t do them as I wanted. I started to feel something is wrong. I was able to manage them at Olympics because I repeatedly practiced, practiced and practiced. I think 3As owe a lot to practices. But I knew I reached the limit. Right after Vancouver, I wanted to correct them and I started it immediately.
(clip)
Mai: You didn’t do 3A in competition this season. Was there any decision you made for that?
Mao: I reduced 3A practices this season compared to last season, just by doing them to maintain a good sense of it. Anyway last season jumps other than 3A were also inconsistent. I was in a situation that 3A was not the least of the problems. So this season I wanted to build on the basis by focusing on what I can do without 3A. That’s the reason why I didn’t include 3A in competitive programs. Also, the success rate of 3A was not 100% at practices so I understood that 3A would not be ratified even if I tried it at competitions.
Mai: You have been competing (with 3A) and when it comes to Mao Asada people tend to associate it with 3A. But you put 3A aside with no hesitation this season and you were able to compete without it. Was there any big reason for you to be able to do so?
Mao: Previously I wanted to fight it out. While I was annoyed and racked with 3A so much, 3A was a competitive edge for me and it helped me to stay strong. But a few seasons back 3A started to deteriorate and my strong mind started to falter. Partly because I was on jump rework but I was competing with everything unstable and then the results were like that. So, this season I wanted to first of all focus on those … easy … I don’t think it’s easy … but basic jumps, I wanted to focus them until when I feel fine about jumps and stay away from 3A to forget about it.
(clip)
Mao: Starting from this season, I understand Nobuo-sensei’s instructions better and better. Since I went to Nobuo-sensei, I reworked skating skills too. We started from it. I was wondering if I was doing right and I understood what he said but I couldn’t do it as he said. I tried but couldn’t do it. Such situation continued. So I questioned if I was doing right from time to time. And then I realized this is what I should do! Then I experienced “this is it!” more and more. Now finally my body can react to Nobuo-sensei’s instructions quickly. I think everything is working well like that now.
(clip)
Mai: 2013. What will 2013 be?
Mao: My goal for 2013 is “full recovery.”
Mai: “Full recovery.” When I meet media reporters they often tell me that Mao is recovering or Mao has recovered. They say “recovery” but you say “full recovery.” What do you mean by “full”?
Mao: After all, 3A and 3-3 combination. To start with, I want to include either of them in a program and nail it at competition.
Mai: By “full” you means 3A and 3-3 in a program.
Mao: I mean either of them in a program. Then, I will be satisfied. Finally other than 3A, I feel (good) about jump quality and skating too. I think I will need to make one step forward.
(clip)
Mr. Sato: As far as I’ve been looking after her, I think her 3A is in her best now. This is my desire though, I want her to try it.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I feel relieved that Mao will not attempt 3A and 3-3 at a time.
But, selfish me wants Mao to regain 3-3 too. geek

I am so proud of Mao Razz Her two last seasons were so difficult. SHe totally deserves and worked hard for a full recovery and to feel that her jumps and skating finally improved cheers
I want her to FINALLY bring back her 3-3 so much Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 pm

linglang, thanks so much for the translation! Thank you! Worship

I can't wait to see "perfect" Mao in competition. Hopefully, she'll be able to have a clean competition at 4CC and especially worlds with a 3A and 3-3. Dance
And just imagine guys, Mao putting both 3A and 3-3 successfully in both her SP and LP next season, her scores should go through the roof. Swoon

However, I hope she'll go for 3A ONLY if it's trully ready.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm

this is amazing news, thanks for the translation linglang. I love the fact that Mao called it full recovery, what a fighter she is Encore
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks! I love Mai Mao videos, Mao always seems most comfortable in interviews when Mai is by her side.

At some point towards the end of the video Mai frowns, and I noticed that she frowns the exact same way Mao does. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Thank you so much, linglang! You're such a sweetheart Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:00 pm

In that video linglang posted. Mao seemed the happiest when she was about to eat an slice of that cake hahaha such a cutie. GO for the cake, Mao! Laugh Happy dance
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

linglang thank you so much for the translation. I don't want Mao to stress over 3A, but I think it's the jump that gives her a lot of confidence so if she wants to go for it WHY NOT? Surprised

Dani-Chan wrote:
In that video linglang posted. Mao seemed the happiest when she was about to eat an slice of that cake hahaha such a cutie. GO for the cake, Mao! Laugh Happy dance

Forever shipping Mao with food! Croissants in France, Peking duck in China, the cabbage dish(?) in Russia and some more! Razz

(Oh and the 'likes' option has been added, huh?)
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

in a way I would prefer Mao to go for a 3-3 in the sp, the risk is really soo much bigger when one puts the 3A in the sp!
but if even Sato says that she should go for it there, then that means her practices with the 3A is going well, I just hope that she will manage to train and rest while doing all these shows!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks for the interview & translation, linglang. I found the interview both informative and uplifting, especially the part where she talked about understanding Sato's instructions better and better. One gets the sense that she's really begun to hit her stride recently. flower
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Linglang, thanks so much for translating!

We're seeing more and more of Mao's thoughts and it's very nice because then we can understand more on what's happening to her than just guessing based on results.

And I'm glad she's finally understood coach Sato. Seems during the past seasons she had some reservations on coach Sato's approach. I'm glad this season it's working well between them. That long break looks like it has really given her something good.

It can only keep getting better from here save maybe for a couple of bumps along the way with the addition of the 3A or a 3-3 but I believe from now on Mao will be able to handle it better.

Dani-Chan wrote:

It's good to see this Mao back! haha! She really doesn't hesitate eating in front of the camera. lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYMRYTfOp1g

Report on Nagoya figure skating festival.
It has both of her two 3As (UR and two-footed Wink ).

ETA: Two more clips and one has 3A shots from different angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF5H0_4xDWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Grn9NuPBs

Last edited by linglang on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 am

ballerinamao wrote:
in a way I would prefer Mao to go for a 3-3 in the sp, the risk is really soo much bigger when one puts the 3A in the sp!
but if even Sato says that she should go for it there, then that means her practices with the 3A is going well, I just hope that she will manage to train and rest while doing all these shows!

I completely agree, doing 3A in the sp puts Mao under so much pressure, however I think it was polosatik who said that 3A might actually be easier for Mao than 3-3. This girl is just insane Hell, no! (in a good way). Very Happy Imagine other female skaters thinking "oh I rather go for 3A it's easier for me to do than 3T-3T". I hope Mao will get the recognition (from the judges) that she deserves, soon.

Dani-Chan wrote:

ROTFLMAO You just have to love her, she's adorable. And Mai really turned into a gorgeous young woman. Love

Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 am

Yes, the 3A is more difficult mentally, I think, but technically it's better than the 3-3 for her, especially than the 3F+3T, the one that she has to do if she wants to use the loop as the solo triple: even a UR 3A has a BV of 6 points and even with -1/-2 GOE its value would be higher than the 2A's (3.30, Mao usually receive +2 GOE, so +1.00 points and it's 4.30 points; a 3A< with negative GOE would be 4.50-5.00 points, so I think it's more, the worst is when it's DG...)
And, the second 3A in that clip ( Thank you! linglang!) was not really bead, two-footed but the height has been quite good in both the attempts I think, the rink was really small and she wasn't really concentrated, she just wanted to land the jump for the audience, without focusing on doing it well...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm

thanks for the new clips linglang, I really liked her 3A in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYMRYTfOp1g

Through Mao had her dress from the sp on, the music she was skating to was Mary Poppins, could it be that they skate to both programs in the show?

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y58i03U4gjE

News on Japan Super Challenge which was held yesterday.

Mao didn't try 3A. She says 3A is not 100% ready yet and she will practice hard so that she will be able to make it 100% ready (for competitions).

This clip reminded me of her strong determination at the press conference after 2009 GPS in Russia. She was convinced that if she would become able to land 100 3As out of 100 attempts she would not fail it at competitions. Her conviction came true at Olympic games. Conviction and persistence are what make Mao stronger. What I like here is she looks relaxed and less pressed than at that time. Razz
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 am

linglang wrote:

Mao didn't try 3A. She says 3A is not 100% ready yet and she will practice hard so that she will be able to make it 100% ready (for competitions).

This clip reminded me of her strong determination at the press conference after 2009 GPS in Russia. She was convinced that if she would become able to land 100 3As out of 100 attempts she would not fail it at competitions. Her conviction came true at Olympic games. Conviction and persistence are what make Mao stronger. What I like here is she looks relaxed and less pressed than at that time. Razz

Putting 3As in the programs is a great challenge and too much risk perhaps!

I admire her courage and determination. Wish all the best to her!
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 am

linglang wrote:

Mao worked extremely hard on her 3A during the 2008-2009 and 2009/2010 season, and that gave results (OSM and World Champion!), but I think that she focused too much on that single jump, losing the others, like the lutz and salchow, now I'm a lot happier that with mr Sato she's working on the 3A, yes, but she's also training all the other triples: is she makes mistakes in the axel but the other triples are there, the score won't be low...
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 am

I think it's too early for Mao to bring back her 3A. Something in me tells me that she's not ready.
She said at the beginning of the season that taking her 3A out of her programs helped her get rid off a big amount of pressure. She also said that she wanted to have a good basic in skating again (which I guess means she wanted to make sure her other jumps and speed are OK). And the result is yes, we can see that she's feeling more relaxed before her SP this seaon. She doesn't blink her eyes like she used to. sunny

I've seen a good progress in her this season but she's still popping or getting UR here and there. Her 3A on the other hand is getting better but the success rate is not yet high enough. I feel that she's in a hurry to bring it back, sometime forgetting to look back at the realistic side scratch . She may bring back all the pressure, not having a clean program and her reputation (important for the judges isn't it?) may go down again.

Of course I'll support Mao whatever she does but I'd rather prefer her to try the 3-3 in competitions and practise her 3A in shows.

Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 am

ddmm wrote:
I think it's too early for Mao to bring back her 3A. Something in me tells me that she's not ready.
She said at the beginning of the season that taking her 3A out of her programs helped her get rid off a big amount of pressure. She also said that she wanted to have a good basic in skating again (which I guess means she wanted to make sure her other jumps and speed are OK). And the result is yes, we can see that she's feeling more relaxed before her SP this seaons. She doesn't blink her eyes like she used to.

I've seen a good progress in her this season but she's still popping or getting UR here and there. Her 3A on the other hand is getting better but the success rate is not yet high enough. I feel that she's in a hurry to bring it back, sometime forgetting to look back at the realistic side. She may bring back all the pressure, not having a clean program and her reputation (important for the judge isn't it?) may go down again.

Of course I'll support Mao whatever she does but I'd rather prefer her to try the 3-3 in competitions and practise her 3A in shows.

i share the same concern. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 am

Oh ! Just realized that I suddenly have stars ! how come ? yay anyway!!!!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

ddmm wrote:
Oh ! Just realized that I suddenly have stars ! how come ? yay anyway!!!!

Check this thread: http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t1183-new-updates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!   - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!
Page 18 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next